or Connect

Posts by machoboy

Yes but they're both equally horrific and the division seems to be completely arbitrary based on whatever that particular listener likes (hip hop) or dislikes (rap).
First a disclaimer: The V6 and its variants are variants, and they've been manufactured for a long time in multiple countries with known quality control issues. It could be that different people hear different things from them because they're very nearly listening to different headphones. I'm not sure.   That said, for recommendation purposes I really recommend you listen to the current production V6 / 7506 rather than just go by charts. They're quite the...
This is why you should not recommend headphones without hearing them..   I like the V6s because they're a good value and have been around forever, but they are the least neutral headphones I currently own and less neutral than everything in my sig other than the Ultrasones, Grados, and Maudios. "Balanced" perhaps since they have both boomy bass and bright treble and a few mid peaks, but neutral or flat? Not even slightly
hahahahahahahahah   oh humans
  Not an upgrade nor a downgrade. Two different approaches. Both could be described as "bright with balanced mics and well extended bass" but that's all they really have in common.   The Shures are tracking/monitor headphones that tend to bring out grain and have very clean, solid bass. The Beyerdynamics are a staple for hi-fi listeners who prefer a balanced sound signature.   I've owned both and only ended up re-buying the 840s. That entire Beyer series (770/880/990)...
Nobody can answer you because the question is so general.
It's amazing how you can take something butt ugly and just talk about it until people are paying $300 to strap it to their face   Remember that Ren and Stimpy skit where they'd advertise "log" and show all the awesome ways buying a log would change your life?
The new Tiesto models might sound great but it's a bit soon to highly recommend them without even hearing them.   Practically every new release has a "omg these are the ultimate" thread or two about them. Then the first wave of "wow why did you recommend these to me? these suck" threads happen.   Keep head fi useful and only recommend headphones you have personally listened to...
I think these have the perfect amount of bass. I don't know why people call them bass-anemic.   They're very bright for sure and that leads the listener to focus on the brightness but the bass is very present as well.
And is there anything quite as tragic as a really deep trance track you're slipping into and daydreaming to... Where out of nowhere a rapper pops into the mix and starts busting rhymes about how he "want u so bad gurl"? Makes you wanna upload your mp3 onto a usb drive just so you can have a way to throw it at the wall.   Nobody remixed rap interludes into Wagner (the inventor of trance music), why do they do it now?