Posts by Airwolf

Anybody?
Here is the part I am referring to  
I use my AKG Q701's when I am sitting on the couch, watching my TV.  The 3-pin Mini-XLR connector on the headphone side of the cable sticks so far out of the headphone, that it digs in my shoulder.  I want to make a DIY cable and I was wondering what aftermarket DIY 3-pin Mini-XLR connector has the shortest overall length.  Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
I am looking for a replacement for my stock cable that came with my HE-400's.  I don't like how heavy and inflexible the current cable is.  I would prefer a cable that is about 6 feet long, as I use these headphones on my computer and my head is only about 3 feet from my Objective2.  Offers for any length will be considered.  I am looking to spend less than $100.
 The XB-700's are pretty good.  I use them at work and they definitely have a good amount of bass, but I honestly think my properly driven DT 990 250 ohm's have more bass.I will look into the Q40's and the basshead page.
I wish I could try a pair of the 80 ohm DT 770's in person to compare them to my 990's. stv014 had this to say: Anybody in Denver?  :D
Right now my sources are my HTPC running XBMC connected to an Onkyo TX-NR515 receiver and my gaming PC with a Creative Sound Blaster Recon 3D Fatal1ty Professional with a JDS Labs Objective2 amp.   I have heard conflicting information regarding whether the DT 770's or the DT 990's have more bass.  I went with the 990's because I generally prefer open headphones, but  I would be up for trying the 770's.   I'm assuming my current amps wouldn't be able to run the HE400's?
I'm really happy with my current setup, but I'm always focused on what I'm going to get next, instead of being satisfied with what I currently have.  That being said, if I like lots of bass and want to step it up a notch, what do you guys think should be my next purchase?  I don't really have any requirements other than they need to be circumaural and fit a large head/ears.  I mostly listen to chill trance and chillstep, with the occasional hip hop.
So I got the headphones and spent some time with them on both my JDS O2 and Onkyo TX-NR515 receiver.  The receiver can definitely drive them with no problems, as PurpleAngel said.  They were pretty flat when I first hooked them up and listened to some music on the receiver and found out that you cannot adjust the treble or bass on the receiver for headphones.  I am outputting to the receiver from an HTPC with a AMD Radeon HD 6570 via HDMI with audio being processed by the...
 Thank you for the detailed response.  I will chime in when the headphones come in Friday with my findings.