Posts by Darknet

Finished all the stuff, good luck everyone! Thanks hifiman for offering this opportunity
Nice haha. I got a second pair (for about a week) which is left stock though they aren't technically "mine." (but I'll appropriate them heh)
Oh man this thread... Lol i leave for a week and I have no idea what's going on. Well anyways, I've actually had some non-audiophile friends try these and got pretty positive reactions. One person was surprised to hear a violin in a song lol and another said they would have bought a pair if it was on ear. Third guy didn't say anything but i also didnt get the headphones back for about an hour after that LOL. I've settled a bit with modding pretty much same as before but...
Sorry, never saw this. I'm not really looking for a headphone as much as money or a portable amp.
LOL that patent :P I wonder if different party streamer types have different effects... with paper you would  think that different companies use different manufacturing processes and result in slightly different effects though I wouldn't think it would be too significant of an effect. In any case, glad to see that the stuff is working for your mods. I actually haven't checked inside the holes so haven't noticed the "stuff" (for the lack of a better word lol) inside the...
Oh lol sorry for not updating. I'm pretty busy with school stuff on weekdays. I've settled for a bit on having dynamat, the 2 layers, but I've actually added different shapes of felt. I don't really have any rectangles so I've been using circles lol. I currently have 2 quarter circles at different positions in the headphone. I'll post pictures on the weekends when  I have more time. This really seems to tame any excessive bass bloom and help tune the headphones to be more...
Seems likely because I'm not using putty... don't really have any around and too lazy to buy some haha. (its stickier and seems like a thinner layer than what Lorspeaker is applying). Combined with the fact that I think my preferences are slightly bass light because I've gotten so used to the q701. Well, seems like its time to scavenge up some felt pads with that new mod lol.
Yeah I was having similar opinions with the amount of bass. I think bass is affected by how obstructed the hole is because more airflow will allow the driver to move more freely... not an expert in these matters but I think that has some effect. Try using different materials to cover the hole. In my post above I mentioned that I used 2 layers of party streamer lol. I tried one layer which was a bit too bassy, foam was  way too bassy (lesser than original but still tons),...
Oh thanks Cagin for the heads up on that plug. Didn't notice the post until you mentioned it on the DIY questions thread :P. I'll look to ordering that when redco finally gets their gold plated amphenol 1/8" connectors back in stock (or just go with the nickel plated one, shouldn't make a difference but doesn't look as nice xD). Lol I need opinions... OFC, SPC, or OCC copper man too many choices.   On the modding front, since Friday I've been experimenting around with...
Never said they were lacking bass though :P But yeah oddly enough the vali/modi combo sounds pretty good- there doesn't seem to be any major impedance mismatch issues and the noise/microphonics really don't cause any problems. Don't have any nice solid state amps at the moment but the random old ipod touch 2g + fiio e11 which I haven't touched in months doesn't sound half bad either lol.