Posts by letssgoooo

I'm not sure that would be the best for your money. if you intend to only use your iphone as a source, buying just an external amp like the e5 (lowest end) or the RSA Blackbird SR-71B (just about highest end) would be best. But if you want versatality, say, with a macbook, definitely the VAMP or HP-P1 or e17.edit- I'm sure you know this, just trying to help out the takenlife guy.
looks like you're a little lost. assuming you have an iphone, these are your options:--(okay) with no external amp: internal audio file stored on iphone is retrieved --> internal DAC converts file from digital to analog --> internal amp amps the signal/song/file out to the headphone output on top of phone --> headphones--(better) with external amp: internal audio file stored on iphone is retrieved --> internal DAC converts file from digital to analog --> internal amp amps...
sounds great then.   one last thing, is there anything I should use aside from optical that would be better? if I'm correct, it's just as good if not better than USB...
  this is my gaming rig setup, little to no movies, a lot of gaming, and I usually play music in the background when playing. no need to list specs I don't think, but the motherboard is GA-990FXA-UD5.   also, this is my portable setup as well, as I have a FiiO LOD (iphone ---> L9 ---> E17 ---> D600).   those cables look fine, better than others I've seen. how do I find out if my motherboard and the E17 are 5mm or 8mm?
yo   so this is one of my setups that I want to upgrade, not budget but not really audiophile either:   Foobar2k ---> ASIO output ---> motherboard's 3.5mm out on back ---> male to male 3.5  ---> FiiO E17 ---> stock D600 cable ---> Denon AH-D600   -My next upgrade is cables -After that I'll buy an amp and use the e17 as a dac   So as part of my cable upgrade, I want to replace motherboard's 3.5mm out on back ---> male to male 3.5  ---> FiiO...
Well, I've never really heard any people exactly praising the burn in on HD595s, yet I found a large change, so when I saw someone going crazy about burn in on the D600s, I assumed there must be some huge change. I'm still planning on getting them if they even come close to the D5k. Unless someone knows of some crazy mod to make the 5ks portable?? lol -_-
As to burn in, I was speaking from personal experience with the HD595, which sounds ridiculously different after 500 hours on them then they did at first. Yeah, I can tell they've stopped improving now, and probably did a long time ago, but the difference is huge.   With my HD800s, the difference was much smaller.    No, these will not be the best headphones I have heard, no matter what, they're $500 at most.   Sorry I rustled your jimmies. OMG LOL!!!     Am I getting the...
I think the "many, including yourself," might be selling these headphones too soon.   A friend here http://yklee118.blogspot.com/2012/09/the-denon-ah-d600-worthy-replacement-of.html says that the sound drastically is increased by a very long burn-in time, and eventually surpasses the sound from the lovable ole 5ks.   I'm getting these headphones soon, I'll be sure to burn them in every night if it takes 800+ hours to get them to their potential.
Thanks, but I think I'll get the D600's... great reviews and I won't have to upgrade my portable rig for a long time
One last thing then... it looks like the 7100 is getting pretty bad reviews, is it the same with the 600s? All reviews I've seen so far have been people that say they're great, but looking at the response from the 7100, I don't know.