or Connect

Posts by davekojo

I use an old a cable from my old Monster Inspirations and it fits with one set of my TMA-2s (my aiaiai cable has a problem with the wiring and I too lazy to send it back for repair/replacement). The click mechanism is so you don't yank the cable out and loose sound when DJing more than anything. If you can find a cable that has a plug slightly smaller than the whole in the driver or the 3.5mm pin is longer than standard it should work. Or if you know someone who has/had...
 The H3 is really comfortable (for me anyway). For me the H1 (and probably H2) has more clamping force and the padding on the actual head band is minimal. The drivers work really well without an amp from just a mobile phone or laptop (they were designed to run from pretty much anything). I have a Fiio mont blanc and a PAPv2 (not the correct name but its something like that) but I don't use them with either the my S3 or S4 drivers because they for me they don't affect the...
For anyone interested I got the E1 earpad and have had it on my s3 for about a day. This is my mini review:   Comfort While the e1 earpad is not as comfortable as the e4  earpad I'd say that if positioned correctly they are comfortable. You get some discomfort when you take them off as your ears go back to their normal position. While wearing glasses they are harder to get into a comfortable posiiton but once you get them positioned they're fine. I've had less...
Thanks. Maybe it was someone else on the thread who bought all the parts for the tma-2 not yourself.I have read reviews of people who have paired the guru earpad e5 with the s3 and they have said it gives a more neutral sound. I know there in more than just the material that affects the sound.I guess i'll just give it a try and report back on the sound.
Hey music 18 another question. Have you tried the S3 with the e1? If so how do the compare to the s3 with e5? The reason I ask is my ears get hot with the e4 pads on hot days. I feel like the on ear would be the coolest option and since they are both micro fiber they might share a sound profile. I looked at the configurator curves but it's always good to hear from someone who has listened to them
Yeah the s3 with the e4 is the studio setupIf you know what page the mod is on that would be handy . I'll have a look through the thread anyway.The mids don't bother me too much as they only affect a couple of tracks and I don't do critical listening on them. They're my travel and work cans.If i did need to mix or anything with them I can swap between these and my krk cans to make sure the levels are correct. I'm a bedroom producer for fun so its not like anyone is going...
Yeah lowering the bass a little would be what I'm after. I might try the e5 pads (there was a mistake my post I have the e4 pads at the moment). I don't think i ant to mod the drivers just yet.
I have the  6400 and some studio monitors which sound similar to KRK-Rockits. I haven't mixed with them but I'd say that the bass doesn't extend into the lower frequency's as far as the monitors. I'm also not sure what genre's of music your mixing but the 6400 wouldn't be a replacement for speakers.   I'd say the 6400 are good for monitoring just vocals (singer know they're hitting their notes), and acoustic style music, but if you're mixing Hip Hop, House, Electronica...
So my TMA-2 arrived today I got the S3 with the S4 pads. So far I'm enjoying the sound (I should probably follow their instructions and burn them in). So far I've found in some RnB tracks the vocals although clearly separated from the instruments seem a bit recessed (it sounds kind of like a live show where if the singer has a powerful voice the lower the vocal so when the vocal climax comes your eardrums don't explode).   I was thinking of possibly getting another set...
So I picked the 6400 up a week ago and they are a great headphone. I'm by no means an audiophile but I probably spend 8-10 hours a day listening to music (at work, and travel to and from on public transport). I mostly listen to Hip-hop, but also listen to DnB, some punk rock (pennywise, frenzal rhomb) and Jazz House (St Germain, Bonobo), Jazz and pop (whatever they're is on the radio).   In relation to my other headphones they sit somewhere between my SRH440 and Sony...