Posts by ReaperZ

Hey all, its time for me to get back into fitness and i need some new headphones ! I've never owned a pair of IEMs before, and unfortunately living in new zealand my options of being able to listen to them before purchasing is virtually non existent.   Im looking for some decent IEMs for exercise purposes (mostly cardio so lots of moving about) and the genre is mostly electronic music like Dubstep, DNB, breakcore. I do love bass however not at the expense of clarity, as...
After a bit more research ive seen a lot of people mentioning good things about the m-80 and m-100 .. i can only assume they are talking about the v-moda crossfade m-100 (http://v-moda.com/crossfade-m-100/)   Also the Ultrasone Pro 900's ..   sadly nowhere in new zealand stocks either the m-100 or the ultrasone pro 900's so would have to import which is fine..   I have to say i think both of these headphones may suit me better in terms of comfort, and it...
  Thanks for your response .. i saw the Amperiors on one site, they are based on the HD25's ?? are they the same , just with the volume control and mic (i dont remember if they had a mic, sorry!) .. if they are indeed the same as the HD25 in terms of driver etc, i would look to these instead as the volume control when out and about would be really useful! except its quite a premium item here .. only one shop stocks them and the price difference between the HD25 and the...
perhaps the SHURE SRH940 ? Although there seems to be a lot of mixed reviews around bass, or lack thereof
Thanks for the reply!   The JVC FXT90's arent available in my country (New Zealand) and to be honest i really do prefer to not go with IEMs .. my reasoning is simply that i do not like the idea of having something 'shoved' into my ear.   I'd rather buy headphones i am able to demo locally .. i dont mind importing them from overseas to save me money ( as i was looking at do with the hd-1-ii's )   Perhaps i should be looking at closed, over-ear designs? rather...
Hi all,   Im looking to upgrade my Sennheiser HD555's for the purpose of daily use to and from work, i travel by train so thought i would switch to some closed cans with good sound isolation, and a few people i have talked to (who are DJ's however) have raved about these headphones.   Now im a bass lover, my main style of music i listen to is Drum n Bass and other electronic music, 90% of my music would be electronic and i find the HD555's produce quite good bass...
Hey all,   I'm looking to upgrade my first pear of decent headphones, which are Sennheiser HD555's   Reason for upgrading : 1) I would like to try out bluetooth - i travel to and from work via train, a wireless option would be nice for convenience ! 2) the 555's being an open design means a lot of noise leakage which isn't ideal for being on the train ! i like to listen to music LOUD, and i find myself listening to the headphones at low volumes to not annoy...
Hi all, new poster here :-)   Ive been using Sennheiser HD555's for about 2 years now, they are powered by my HTC Sensation to listen to FLAC audio files usually, however i would like a bit more volume, and hopefully greater bass response.   These are the only good headphones ive really owned or listened to, so not sure if going to a portable amp is the right solution (im sure it will be for volume increasement) but do these amplifiers do much in terms of...
damn, if i'd known such an adaptor existed i would have bought one AGES ago !! i will try to fix the headphone jack and get one of these ASAP!
Thanks hipster, but id rather not reduce the quality.   what happened is the jack in my phone has become loose, as i travel with my phone in my pocket and walk around a lot, so movement + the large adaptor size has moved back and forward, side to side too many times and has basicially loosened up the plug so much that i need to hold it in to one side for it to connect, otherwise its either 1 ear, or nothing, and seeing as how my phone stops the track playing when it...