Posts by seeberg

Update: I successfully contacted Grado Labs and they quoted $40 for repair service and shipping; I think they deserve at least $50 considering the state of the dead driver and the fact that Grado is very much FTW across the board in my book. I'll ship them out as soon as I can afford the repairs and then the project cups are going to be installed. A new thread on the matter will follow
Wow, in my prolonged absence this thread grew nicely! I've been running the same pair of HD580's for the last, what was it... four years now or so. They've aged exquisitely. I don't have any more grattle in one side except at literal near ear-bleeding volumes, the cable has been replaced with the HD-650 variant, the grilles are still the HD-600 variant, and the veil is but a distant memory since I replaced the foam driver lining with vinyl mesh. I'm still running the...
Hello everybody! I'm in the slow, slow process of rebuilding a vintage pair of Grado SR-225's and I need a single working driver from the SR-125 or SR-225's, preferably from another broken pair (matching and age are unimportant for the driver rebuild, the driver just needs to be alive). Feel free to send me a PM anytime; my feedback is linked below- it's an old thread but filled with all positive buying/selling experiences. contact me via email as well, if my private...
No worries! My ignorance surely trumps all others As far as I'm concerned, the vintage of the driver shouldn't matter, and I'm sure the matching will be good enough- my SR60's had a replaced driver and it didn't seem to affect much of anything (and if it seems to, i can always use the new driver as a PC speaker for about say, 200 hours oughta do it for a good fast burn in). I sent an email to Grado Labs on Sunday afternoon to request purchasing repair service or a...
How goes it everybody? It's been a spell or two or three since I've posted on the forum, and I've had quite the intermission to say the least. But that's another topic yet to discussed perhaps at another time So this story goes, yesterday I received a pair of well-worn SR-225's from the era of flat pads in trade for my SR-60's. I think the trade was fair, all things considered. My pair had the stock cable replaced with that of my HD-580's and its 1/4" adapter, that...
I recieved a pair of im716's today from Andrew. The transaction went as smooth as can be, he was very courteous, and of course, the canalphones (listening to Muse and Flaming Lips w/ biflange tips at the moment) rawk! Couldn't ask for more. Thanks again! , Abe
YGPM! , Abe
Yeah, too bad this story ended so abruptly. Oh well, I bet in a week we'll have another one. Oh and speaking of Grado related ridiculousness, my dream of glass earcups/whole housings on a pair of Grados may be realized pretty soon here- I did a thread on this a long time ago. When I get down to the coast again, I'm going to try to get some large borosilicate(pyrex) tubes to work with, a lathe of sorts to tool on, and some metal mesh, and I imagine my biggest problem if...
Quote: Originally Posted by Jon. I was going to buy those and sell my current crappy grados. Wait, there's a Grado called the Crappy? Why did I miss out, I've never heard of crappy Grados before. I wonder what they sound like , Abe
Aw, weaksauce I wanted to see those SR60's sell and the details behind them revealed, though perhaps the seller didn't even have a pair to sell at all LOL. , Abe