or Connect

Posts by piercer

Yes, I did. The 8s were amazing for the price - I mean amazing. In the brief time I had with the Celestes I was blown away. The Celestes had an amazingly coherent rich sound - much better than the Noble Katana IMHO. Good bass, mids and highs - Jude thought they may have a dip in the sibilance band to make them sound sweeter but they still sounded incredible. They had excellent detail (I was hearing things that I hadn't noticed before). They had a wise sound stage. I...
Has a great time - really good venue.   Two things stood out for me.   Sennheiser Orpheus 2: Had an audition - perfect sound, no faults - want one!   FLC IEMs - never heard of these guys before but was instantly smitten by their sweet sounding IEMs. The FLC8s sounded amazing for the price, and the Celeste prototype were even better. I would never normally think about getting an IEM with so many adjustments, but they sounded so good. The celeste were better than my...
Really looking forward to this. BUT, more importantly, How do I get my Canjam London 2016 badge?  :-)
 All sorts of music: Rock (Rob Zombie, Rush, Heart etc...), classical (Dvorzak, Beethoven etc...), world (Dead Can Dance, Afro Celt Sound System etc...), hard acid techno from the late 80's early 90's, electro from the late 90's, EBM, Krautrock, folk - the list goes on. Very eclectic :-)
I use a Pi 1b and 2. I don't use Wifi - only wired connection.  Volumio was an offshoot of RuneAudio (as far as I was aware) - it is now in version 2, actively supported and amazing. In my experience most pops and clicks in this setup come from the power supply. I have invested in a Terry Pardo power supply which cost a lot and it made a big difference to the sound.
 Not double blind tests. Not really tests at all, just my continued experience of my equipment.My definition of 'better' comes down simply to how much I enjoy listening to the music. I spend about 4-6 hours a day listening to music while I work, the setup I use depends on my location and what I have with me that day. I have listened to most of the above combinations for many days/weeks/months each. I have listened to the Mojo over USB from the AK380 solidly for the last...
 Hi rkt31 I have spent a lot of time listening to the same music files in the following ways AK380->Balanced->JHA LaylaAK380->Optical->Chord Mojo->JHA LaylaAK380->USB->Chord Mojo->JHA LaylaPi+Volumio->USB->Chord Mojo->JHA LaylaPi+Volumio->USB->Chord 2Qute->big valve amp+big speakersPi+Volumio->USB->Chord Mojo->big valve amp ans speakers IMHO, although the Mojo is good, the AK380 balanced into into the Laylas is better (OK that is about 8 times more expensive and the Mojo...
 Why do you think it isn't using ALSA (which does not guarantee working with any USB DAC by the way)? BTW - it may not use ALSA as it isn't Linux based. There are android ports for ALSA, but who knows if it is being used, and whether or not that would provide any benefit? You are confused with ASIO I think which is the USB standard used for communicating between a USB DAC and a USB source. ASIO is built into Android and so it is probably used. ASIO is a standard and...
 Given your sample count I would say either - failure of CDM to conform to USB DAC standard, OR failure of AK to support one device OR ... dodgy cable :-) My USB debut of AK has been stellar so far.
 In my early analysis I am convinced that the USB->Mojo sounds better than the optical->Mojo. The cable can be more flexible and it supports more bit rates too. I have no idea why anybody would use the optical now.