Posts by piercer

Honestly, the AK240 is nearly as good as the Hugo on its own - I have both and find them different but equally pleasing, with my SE846's.IMHO the hugo is better than the AK240 with larger headphones like my T5p's.The hugo really shines in a big system though - I mean REALLY!
 Yep - I've got one - its gorgeous :-)
Apex Pinnacle
 But if you wrap your DSD as a FLAC you can play it from the AK240 over optical - hence my statement 'AK240 does support DoP'. It is impossible to output raw DSD over optical.
 This is exactly what I meant. I use dsd2flac on my Mac and create the flacs containing DSD - they work perfectly on my AK240. Do any current DAC's do this automatically on -the-fly? I would have thought it would be a massive drain on the battery to do this. No device can pass raw DSD over optical, there simply isn't the bandwidth.
 AK240 does support DoP. I have played DSD from my AK240 to my Hugo using optical digital in this manner. Please get your facts straight.
Volumio can be controlled from uPnP control point (bug ticke in the box that) but it also has a nice web interface for local storage (if you have it) - and yes I am running it headless.
OK, so not strictly 'head-fi', but rather than use a mac mini I have started using a raspberry pi running 'Volumi' to feed the Hugo - so far an incredible combination!
Hi all,   got my Black Chord Hugo today - its very cool, and sounds pretty stunning.   Are there any hints and tips anywhere for getting the most from this when connecting it to a mac mini over USB.   I would like to completely convert my mac mini to an HD media centre but am having issues getting DSD (dff files) to stream to the Hugo. What software do people recommend for doing this? Is there something like Plex/XMBC that supports HD music...
 I have noticed no sound quality change either.