Posts by fogwall

Don't say that! One of the temple pads on my K1000 fell off and just disappeared. I have been looking for it like crazy! How will I go on with my life?Seriously, I'm considering producing new temple pads, this should not be impossible since there are no wires and no plastic or metallic parts involved.
I have used the Subpac S1 for a few months and it complements my AKG K1000 very nicely, not only providing more of that deep bass, but also providing a real physical sensation, as if being there in the concert hall or on the dance floor.   I do not use the in-built audio device (output) since the audio quality is bad (high s/n ratio and other problems). An RCA Y-cable feeds the bass separately to the Subpac's input, and the other end goes to my headphones.   Another...
Exactly how does it distort, in all volume levels or only in high volumes? Could this be the infamous rattle issue which many K1000 users seem to have experienced? (something with the grills, where specific lower frequencies in higher volume, depending on the recording, cause a lot of vibration which leads to something reminding of distortion, often only affecting either the left or...
 Wow!! Those are the coolest headphones I've seen for awhile. Thanks for sharing!
New K1000 owner, s/n 8855 reporting.    Here is my audio setup: Laptop -> Audioengine D1 DAC/Amp -> Trend Class T Amp TA-10.2 -> AKG K1000 + Kenwood SW-40HT subwoofer   I have now been listening for an hour and the headphones, sorry - earspeakers - are just disappearing on my head, it's amazing...
They seem to remind of something like Sony MDR-MA900. I was hoping for a successor to the K1000. Should I forget that..?
Test between Sony MDR-F1, Sony PFR-V1 and modified Grado PS500.   In this test, I have listened to a range of very good acoustic recordings (mostly classical music). I hope you find this test useful.   The winners   Comfort: Sony MDR-F1 Despite no clamping force and less weight than the MDR-F1, the bass ducts of PFR-V1 lead to discomfort. For that reason, MDR-F1 wins. Compared to the successor MDR-MA900, the MDR-F1 is softer and more gentle, both on the skull and...
 I'm quite astonished reading such a positive review of the audio quality of the Bose QC15. Those headphones are mainly acquired for the noise cancellation quality. I have only tried them a couple of times in a shop and found the noise cancellation superior, and they are also very comfortable. I guess I should have listened to some high quality recordings as well.  I heard that QC15's have a problem with audible faint clicking noise in the right channel, is that true? I...
    Will this mod also work with PS500?   I have the G-cush on these and agree on the artefacts you mentioned.     Exactly what venting did you do..? A photo of this would be helpful. I'm thinking of *maybe* try cutting off some of the foam.