Posts by Ksef10

Glad you like it!  
Hey Ptrok,   My name is Kenny and I also work for CEntrance.   Feel free to send me a PM with any questions!   -KS
  Thanks for the detailed comparison Mike!   Its always good to hear that the DACport LX is still performing above it's weight class.     -Kenny
Hi Lazyboy,   In my opinion, there is enough power to drive t1's and LCD's without the high gain mod. We have all of those for testing purposes. The W3000ANV should also fit within that categories according to its specs. Some people like to get the mod just so they have more headroom and can keep the dial a little lower or because they simply like to listen loud.   It has been reported that the gain of 10 mod does help provide the HE-6 with a more adequate amount...
Hello wINDy,   Kenny from CEntrance here.   I believe NA blur meant to quote this: "Just got my DacPort from headroom and wanted to verify it works with the iPad 2. It does, it sounds great! I was looking for a tutorial on how to get 24/96 audio from an iPad. No one could fully help me and a tutorial doesn't exist...so here is how I did it. You need an iPad 2 not an original. I confirmed with Centrance that the DaqPort works direct with the iPad through the USB camera...
FL is OK to learn on, but I would suggest Ableton Live or Logic. Either of those two programs will help you bring out your creative potential much faster. Obviously there is a bit steeper learning curve, but they have much more to offer. I prefer Ableton because it has much more versatility that can translate into the live arena , whereas Logic is better for laying out compositions in the studio.   I am also just starting to make Trance and Dnb.It took about 6 months...
  Sorry about that appletree! It certainly should have been there. Send me a message with your info and I will send you one.   -KS
Hi Nieveulv!   Kenny from CEntrance here. Just wanted to let you know that beyer t1's have been known to receive quite sufficient power from the DACmini. They are one of the pair that we use here at the headquarters to test each unit.   I do not have experience with the ath w 3000anv, but with a low impedance of 40 ohms, and a sensitivity of 102 dB, I do think it would drive them fine. We do offer a high gain modification for those that want a bit of extra juice.   Be...
  Just in case you haven't looked into it, here is a good review of DACport:   http://news.cnet.com/8301-13645_3-20112302-47/this-usb-powered-headphone-amplifier-will-delight-audiophiles/  
Hey Matter,   As Roker said, it does somewhat depend on the IEMs you are using. There is definitely more than enough power to run IEMS as well as most headphones you may be considering. It is only a matter of type due to varying frequency responses of certain IEMs. Some customers request a 1 ohm hp modification to help keep those variations to a minimum. We also offer low and high gain modifications to help customize each unit for certain tastes and needs.   Feel free to...