Posts by Barry S

I know the Ragnarok is supposed the be the statement amp and I'm looking forward to it, but the truth is-- Schiit's lower-priced products are the real statement.
I consider the Mjolnir a perfect match for the LCD-3s because it thins out the mids a bit and does a good job articulating the treble. I've heard the LCD-3s with more neutral amps and for my personal taste--the mids start to get too thick and the treble sounds recessed. The LCD-Xs don't have the mid-centric signature of the LCD-3s, and have very well-articulated highs out of the box. The LCD-X's are very detailed, airy, and have a tremendous soundstage with the Mjolnir,...
Got USB problems>buy Wyrd No USB problems>save yer money
 Congratulations. I like the HD650's a lot, but I could hardly listen to them for a few weeks after i got my LCD-X. Truthfully, almost every other headphone sounded disappointing after the X. Now that I've had them for a while, I can enjoy the 650's again, but I've been spoiled for a lot of mid-level gear. The LCD-X's scale, but in a completely different way than the 650's. The 650's scale very linearly, tracking closely along with the quality of amps, The LCD-X's reach a...
That's great--it sounds like you have things well-covered. I'm very excited about attending for my first time. Just have to make sure the kids and girlfriend know I'll be busy all weekend.
That's good. I haven't been to the show before--is this the first time it's in Silver Spring? I only posted because I have a lot of experience with the neighborhood and my understanding is that this is the first show with a local meet--meaning equipment is more likely to be unattended and more likely to be brought into, and removed from the venue during the show. For instance, a guard seeing someone leaving a room with a headphone or other equipment may not know if it...
I used to work in the building next door to the hotel and would advise everyone to be careful with their equipment. There are professional thieves that work the neighborhood always looking for opportunities. You're not likely to be mugged or have someone grab and run--the thieves are usually well-dressed and professional looking to blend in and are very stealthy. Keep an eye on your equipment and bags/valuables or have a buddy watch them. All it takes to prevent these...
 I'm looking forward to auditioning the Prautes at Capital Audiofest (suggest you stay away from Capitol Hill, you may find the levels of distortion and cross-talk unacceptably high ). If you could bring along a 4 pin female XLR to dual 3 pin male XLR adapter, it'd be great.  I'd love the try the Prautes with my LCD-X's.  Thanks!
I don't get this at all. I thought NAFTA was supposed to eliminate all barriers to trade between the US, Canada, and Mexico.  Why is shipping so expensive and slow between our countries?