or Connect

Posts by Barry S

Charging dues from the beginning with no track history, may discourage membership. I love that anyone can attend our meets--that's an important principle for me.  Oddly, the payment form states: By signing this membership form, I agree to abide by all rules and procedures of the DC Hi-Fi Group. a non-profit membership association. Are there any rules and procedures?
Looks like there's going to be an amazing collection of gear. Have been looking forward to this for months, but a good friend was just hospitalized and I'm filling in for her all day Sunday on a project. Hope everyone has a great time and I'll schedule a winter meet soon.
A Ragnarok can draw maybe 4 amps if you turn it up to 11. Most of the time, it's probably drawing between 1 and 2 amps.
Haha--it's calling, but I'm not sure I'm answering right now. Wonder how well the Sonett 2 handles the Utopia?
No problem -- just get the cable to me--and I'll reterminate with the neutrik xlr.
I can terminate your cable with an xlr if you like.
Cool--Utopia! *Someone* must be planning on getting an Elear--would love to hear that too.
Valhalla--nice sounding OTL amp. Haven't A/Bed directly with Crack. Lyr- Not a favorite--smallish soundstage, and doesn't have the dynamics in better (more expensive) amps. It sounds good with some cans, but a very picky amp for pairing. Tube Mjolnir - haven't auditioned, but had the original Mjolnir.
Listened to most of the Woo amps, and couldn't find any that worked for me. Mostly issues with unpleasant or overbearing coloration. WA22 is ok, but thin-sounding and lacking liveliness compared to better tube amps. Plus, they want to soak you on the tube upgrades.