or Connect

Posts by Fencefeet

Just curious, can anyone who bought Mad Dog Pros share an estimate for how long they took to arrive from the date that they ordered them? Been a week now and FedEx tracking just says 'Label Created'. Only trying to get an idea of when I should expect them because I will be gone a couple days next week.   Thanks guys :)
Just a quick update here. Looking into the Fostex TH600s led me to look into Fostex headphones in general, and so after some research I actually decided to pull the trigger on the Mad Dog Pros to go with my FiiO e12 . They should be here on Thursday, so I will be sure to give my impressions for anyone that potentially comes across this thread later.    Sidenote: I tried the M100 and the DT770 and was a bit underwhelmed in different ways from both (I liked my M80s better...
Awesome! Thank you so much for the other suggestions    I will definitely look more into the TH600s and the SZ2000s! I have heard a lot of good things about Fostex, so I am sure the TH600s are a fantastic set of cans. As for the SZ2000s, those suckers definitely look like they have some powerful drivers on them for the bass! Love it.    So far, then, I have these cans on my list:   Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro V-Moda M100 JVC SZ2000 Fostex TH600 Beyerdynamic 1770 Pro*...
I will definitely keep them in mind regardless, thank you :)   My range is $500 but honestly it is pretty flexible as my biggest concern is buying a pair that will last me for a very long time. If they are more than $500 I am totally cool with that as long as the difference in sound quality is justified.     I just want to get the best closed-back, amped headphones for EDM. Any other suggestions in the meantime?
Oh wow, those look REALLY nice--although for almost $700 I am wondering if there aren't any other options that might be better in the same range. I have read a little bit about the AudioQuest Nighthawks, for example, and those seem to be pretty nice as well (only semi-closed design though, so not sure about sound leakage there).   Regardless, I see that the DT 1770s are slated for release sometime this month, so I will have to keep an eye out. Thanks for the heads up!
I see! So do you think the FiiO E12 amplifier would improve the V-modas more than the DT 770s?   Also, are there any headphone recommendations other than the two in the title? Maybe another set that would be comparable (if not better)?
Thanks for the reply! Appreciate the feedback. I see in your signature that you have owned the DT 770s--any particular reason that you would recommend the V-moda's over them? Have you tried them both amped?
Hey guys! I am currently looking at the V-moda M100 and the Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro--I know that these headphones have been compared before, but I was not able to find much about the differences between the two when amped.   So, with that said, I am in the market for a pair of closed-back headphones that are particularly good with bass heavy music and are around $500. The headphones that I choose will also be amped with a FiiO E12. I will be mostly using these at...
I'd be very very curious to hear what you have to say about the O2+ODAC combo with your M80s! Especially compared to the E17 + M80 combo-- I'm still gathering judgement on this little guy, but so far I like it! SO, being that you had the E17 + M80 combo and now have the O2/ODAC + M80 combo, I'd love to hear your impressions! Most importantly I'm interested if the price differential is worth it...as it is twice the cost of the E17, and isn't portable, which is a tad of a...
Yeah after reading some reviews and comparisons I pretty much came to that conclusion. My sound card is okay, and honestly the E17 probably won't be worth the entirety of the $140 just on that front, but if it is noticeably better I can certainly justify selling the card and making up some of the difference between the E11 and E17.   I consider myself an audiophile, and I just read WAY too much about amps on here to not at least have tried one. So, if I can get a...