Posts by Fencefeet

I'd be very very curious to hear what you have to say about the O2+ODAC combo with your M80s! Especially compared to the E17 + M80 combo-- I'm still gathering judgement on this little guy, but so far I like it! SO, being that you had the E17 + M80 combo and now have the O2/ODAC + M80 combo, I'd love to hear your impressions! Most importantly I'm interested if the price differential is worth it...as it is twice the cost of the E17, and isn't portable, which is a tad of a...
Yeah after reading some reviews and comparisons I pretty much came to that conclusion. My sound card is okay, and honestly the E17 probably won't be worth the entirety of the $140 just on that front, but if it is noticeably better I can certainly justify selling the card and making up some of the difference between the E11 and E17.   I consider myself an audiophile, and I just read WAY too much about amps on here to not at least have tried one. So, if I can get a...
Awesome. That is good to hear. After a little more research I think I am just going to buy the E17. The fact that I can't use the E11 while it is charging didn't seem like a big deal at first, but after realizing how much I listen to music at my computer it is kind of an unfortunate feature. Also I think I may just get rid of my X-Fi Titanium Fatality Pro sound card in order to compensate the cost difference. From what I am reading the DAC/Amp combo will sound better...
bumpity bump wump
Been trying to decide between these two for days now. I've been lurking on all of the threads discussing these two but I am finally giving in for some more potentially personalized advice. So, first things first. I know that the M80's are very good on their own and do not need to be amped, but I would still like one just to squeeze every little bit of awesomeness that I can from these amazing cans.   I listen to them on the go and at my PC equally, and I am currently...
Check out this thread I started yesterday. May help you a bit. Long story short, I wouldn't recommend the LP2's. But just read what I said :] http://www.head-fi.org/t/620338/stuck-v-moda-m80s-or-pioneer-hdj-1500s#post_8568716
Okay, so no replies on this issue but that's okay as I went out and exchanged my LP2's for the M80's regardless. For anyone else out there who may come across this having similar questions with mine, I can say this: The M80's blow the LP2's away IN EVERY WAY. Holy mother, I always thought I was a hardcore bass-head, which is why I went for the LP2's, but after giving em about 15 hours I seriously doubted that. After listening to the M80's I am forever a changed man. They...
So, here's my deal, I'm in the market for new cans. First, I came across the ATH M50's, got em, and gave them a run. I was very impressed, except I thought they lacked a bit of sub bass for my taste and were also difficult to wear comfortably for long periods of time even after stretching the band a bit over a night. So, I returned them and went and picked up a pair of v-moda crossfade LP2's, which I currently have now. Long story short, I'm not impressed really. Almost...