Posts by takato14

Yeah no the HD800 definitely isn't the pinnacle, the Sony DR-Z7 is considerably faster and has tighter bass, and I assume the same is true of the R10. The HD800 sounds very diffused and loose down low whereas the Z7 is razor flat and incredibly tight. It's a bit emphasized in the lower treble though; no dynamic I've used so far seems to do everything just right. And yes, before anyone asks: I have heard both of them, driven quite well.  OT: 1: Pioneer Monitor 10-II...
Probably the recessed treble and intimacy
Note: I'm talking about the black half that's to the inside of the headband, not the chromed half. The thin piece that says "Made in Japan" on it. Probably not noticeable unless you look for it. And yeah, my foam inserts are gone too, which struck me as odd. The foam inserts from my original monitor 10 (13 years older) are not only intact but are still soft and clean, and have survived several migrations between the 10-I and 10-IIs cups as well as several weeks' worth of...
Now I really want to get a 10R, as the 10-II has been monopolizing my ears for a while now. I just wish I could do something about the headband sliders; the plastic pieces are starting to crack. Has this happened to your pair? It appears to be a design flaw.
Intriguing. I wonder if the DT150 is in any way similar to the DT250.
I ******* love you
I don't know, their vintage planars are really something special but I have yet to be satisfied by any modern Fostex product. This new headphone might be an exception, but the square transducer has me worried, and at $800 I'm certainly not taking a leap of faith given my experience with the TH600. We'll see though. What would be interesting is if Fostex OEMs this "new" driver out to other manufacturers like they have in the past. Oh, I missed the "good-looking" part of...
Because no one would buy it, there's already plenty of those made by the community. The TH500RP offers something new and unique to the market, whereas another closed T50RP-based headphone would be the same old song and dance.I'm also pretty sure BMF already got the most performance out of the T50RP transducer as possible with his mod, so they don't really have much headroom for improvement unless they significantly alter the transducer itself.
Yeah I was quite shocked; the build quality was absolutely phenomenal and I've had a lot of good experience with Fostex's older high end gear, but the sound just wasn't there for me. It was pretty fast, but it didn't sound very clean at all and the treble was just repulsive. The bass I could've lived with, because while emphasized it was enjoyable for most things, but the treble simply killed it for me. It was a splashy mess. $400 is quite a big discount, but even then I'm...
Fostex TH600: Got this for christmas, so not really a purchase, but.. ugh. I wanted to get an HD800 but I knew it was way too expensive. Then I considered the LCD-2, but that was way too expensive too. Same for the HE-500.    Then I saw the TH600 on sale for a HUGE discount, putting it just into the range my parents were willing to spend. So I put it on my list.    I absolutely loathed it from the beginning. Hashy treble, disgustingly thick farty bass, lacked detail...