Posts by takato14

414 was 60s 424 was 70s430 was 80s
I'd go with this instead. 
oh wait, shoot, I didn't read this post correctly there are plenty of non-koss 70's headphones worth messing with Pioneer Monitor 10Sansui SS-100Fostex T50/NAD RP18Fostex T30Sony DR-Z5, DR-Z6, and DR-Z7 some other headphones can be recommended too, but only conditional on mods Pioneer SE-500 (close the cups with tape from the inside and put a square of felt in)Yamaha YH-1 (felt, paper, felt sandwich behind the driver)Sansui SS-35 (remove the grilles in front of the driver...
Are you SURE you have a series 2 4AAA? It's extremely rare and difficult to spot. Maybe you have a series 3 instead? Here's a guide.  [[SPOILER]]  The only reason I'm pressing the topic is because all variations of the drivers are tuned/sound the same minus the occasional product variance. ie, a series 2 4AAA should sound almost completely identical to a Reference One. The materials and drivers used are completely identical save for color variations. Even the earpads are...
it'd probably make the TH900 sound awful
no, you also said the BMF wasn't the best measuring one, which is why I proceeded to compare it to the Paradox (since none of the others up measure as good as the paradox) and hans measurements show higher distortion than what I would call "good", unfortunately I cant link them here without incurring the Gods' divine wrath
The distortion is the only thing about LFF's mods that measure better. The FR is very jagged (grainy) and the rest is all worse. http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/FostexT50RPDIYModifiedLFFParadox.pdf Like I said, the driver is at fault, if Fostex would just make a half-decent circular driver we'd be set, but they won't because the T50RP/siblings aren't aimed at audiophiles. The moment Fostex starts working on a new planar flagship though... I'll be all over it like stink...
there are a couple T50RP mods that measure extremely well in FR, SWs, IR, etc there are NO T50RP mods that have good distortion plots, particularly in the midrange even BlueMonkeyGlider's T50RP, which measures better than ANY T50RP mod, has massive midrange distortion (above 1% almost entirely throughout) http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/FostexT50RPDIYModifiedBlueMonkeyGlider.pdf MagicMan's is pretty amazing too but again, the distortion stays at or above 1% for the...
Looking to sell this mint condition Toshiba HR-810. These are very good-sounding headphones but they have high amping requirements so they don't see much use on my part.   The old crumbled earpads have been replaced with non-decayed ones. I will include the old pads with them.   Other than the pads they are in flawless shape. The original leather carrying case will be included, but it's very beat up. Check the photos.    Sound is very good. It's a little bit dark,...
Bump. Price drop.