Posts by takato14

I think it looks incredibly pretentious and skeletal but okay then um  where the hell do you see this in the construction of the HD800
They have poor bass distortion and you shouldn't need an EQ to make something sound good. Get it right the first time. Also "Comfy for on-ears" implies that supra-aurals are inherently less comfortable than circumaurals, which not only reflects poorly on the P5 but is also absolutely false. People just don't have any idea what they're doing and make them uber-heavy clamp machines because they can't make them stable any other way. When done right, a supra aural can stand...
I have nothing but pure seething hatred for Bowers & Wilkins mediocre sound in a hideous, overpriced package the build wasn't THAT good either I would go with an Ultrasone Sig Pro if you want a true high-end portable with good build if you're willing to get an IEM, get the Etymotic ER-4PT
How is the HD700 vs. the HD800 in build quality by the way? The HD800 was a very nice feeling headphone, how does the HD700 stack up next to it?
Sennheiser used Europlastic for the HD600/650's headband. It's a dense, extremely brittle plastic. Normally flexing the headband to put the headphones on can do this; this was not from abuse of any kind and I have seen this happen on numerous occasions.
Where the hell are you getting THAT from? They're a small company but they most certainly are not new. NAD has been around for ages, they have gear dating all the way back to the 1970s, maybe even earlier. They don't have a lot of gear but what gear they do have is all absurdly good.  I think the issue here is that people are confusing build quality with durability. I see them used interchangeably a lot and quite frankly it's entirely incorrect. For example, AKG headphones...
um, first off, the hell does "kid gloves" even mean, kids beat the ever living tar out of their stuff last I checked and headphones are precision pieces of equipment and should always be treated as such, and while I agree with the premise that something portable should be able to survive being dropped or smacked around a few times you should still be handling them with care at ALL times to make sure that NEVER happens.  not to mention that nearly every portable headphone...
Try Beyerdynamic EDT-231V pads. They're the same pads that are on the DT-235. They're not a perfect fit but they make them sound amazing.
We weren't talking about mixing, but now that you bring it up, hell no. The HD280 is slow, dark, distorted, and wobbly. You do NOT want to mix with that. If you want a good mixing headphone on a budget, you're pretty much S.O.L. There is a definite lack of truly neutral headphones on the market today, which makes mixing on a budget a nightmare. The AKG Q701 is the most neutral headphone anywhere near its price, but it's over 2x the price of the HD280, and anything below it...
Any of the old Audio Technica dynamics (ATH-3, ATH-4, ATH-5/Signet TK22, and ATH-6D) are all the most comfortable headphones I've ever worn. Featherlight, zero clamp force, softest pads ever, very breathable and open. All-day wearing from a supra-aural, and I really mean that. These are in fact more comfortable than the HD800, in my opinion.    Other than that, HD800, most AKGs, any modern high end Audio-Technica, etc are all super comfortable.