Posts by takato14

...  I honestly have nothing to say to this.
The Zs are very heavy and he packaged them very well (per my request of course). So yeah, +1. But also if I may interject, this thread is for showing people pictures of the vintage headphone(s) you own, and while I agree with most of the statements made about the exorbitant prices people tend to pay for headphones, I do not believe this is the place to discuss it. Here they are, the DR-Z trio, together at last. No fancy case for the Z5 as it never had one.  And here are...
Yamaha YH/HP-1   Another orthodynamic and one of the favorites of the Head-Fi community. The YH-1 and HP-1 are identical inside and out, with the exception of some YH-1s (which have stronger magnets that improve sensitivity). The YH-1 was Yamaha's TOTL orthodynamic 'phone from the late 1970s and is widely regarded as one of the best sounding vintage headphones there are. The revolutionary suspension headband frame was designed by Marco Bellini and was far more...
Bang & Olufsen U70   Many audiophiles have probably heard of Bang & Olufsen. Their speakers in particular have a good reputation. However, these headphones are a different story.    They're an orthodynamic headphone, one of the earlier ones, and use a 120 ohm Peerless MB driver. The intriguing headphone frame and adjustment system was designed by Jacob Jensen, a famous industrial designer. The looks absolutely scream class, and the sound... well, it just...
My Sony DR-Z7. It's a vintage dynamic with a palladium-coated diaphragm.
Okay but you're missing the point, the headphone I'm talking about is unique in that it has impact throughout the entire frequency range, not just the bass.   So even if the 009 can provide impact, it probably doesn't have enough impact for me. Which is what I said initially.
Really...? Not a single owner out there?
Electrostatics are a bit different from the other transducer types in that they don't "move" air, they excite the air particles. They can't physically move the air because the diaphragm is so thin that it's actually lighter than air. I know the 009 can do bass, look at its FR for Pete's sake; I'm saying it can't do impact, which is an inherent trait of electrostatic transducers. So, no, you're wrong.Plus, I'm referring to one headphone in particular that I own, which slams...
To be perfectly honest I don't think the 009 would be a good match for me for a number of reasons...   1: Indefinitely tied to a home rig: even if I managed to get ahold of an SRD-X Pro, the only portable Stax energizer in existence, it's not exactly intelligent to walk down the street with $5k of headphone on your head.   [1.5: Though, knowing me, I'd probably be dumb enough to do it, so that's a reason in itself not to have one >_____>]   2: Not enough impact: It's...
To be fair, it was only $435, but the shipping charge brought it up to $500 because it came from the Netherlands. So while it was indeed worse than what DefQon said, it wasn't by a significant amount.