or Connect

Posts by takato14

Not to my ears, man. And I'm not talking cheap Grados either. My friends RS2i ($600, which I had for about 4 weeks) was pretty terrible. Good mids, great transients, but way too much warmth, horrible bass extension, and very harsh up top.  When I hear something I haven't checked the measurements for (like the RS2i), I take a mental note of a few key characteristics that I notice as I use it. After I get a good feel for the headphones (~2-3 weeks of constant eartime and...
That's a KOSS HV/X rebadge, which was their flagship in the 80's. It's supposed to be pretty good.
Given B&O's track record when it comes to headphones, I would be hesitant to believe this without hearing it or seeing measurements first. EDIT: Yeah no, it measures terribly.
I wasn't being hostile, its just the Magni isn't nearly as well designed as the O2 and I'm really sick of hearing people say they sound the same, because they don't. They're polar opposites pairing wise; the O2 is made for voltage-hungry gear while the Magni is made for current-hungy gear. There's also the fact that the Magni is strictly a budget-oriented amp whereas the O2 is ridiculously overdesigned and by far the best measuring amp anywhere near its price point.  Yeah,...
wow, are you serious?  even if that ludicrous statement was anywhere close to being true, the O2 setup is nearly half the size and is fully transportable, whereas the magni is tied to the wall with a giant transformer
I really don't see what's so special about the H6, it looks kind of bland, and the headband is out of place, its like all of the design went into the cups and the headband was just sort of slapped on as an afterthought the colorschemes are kind of clashy, too
Input impedance should be somewhere in the 22KOhm range, so I assume you meant output impedance. If that spec is accurate (22 ohms), you're going to run into bass problems with the X1. However, I'd say skip the Magni/Modi, they're not good enough to warrant it unless you're using super current-hungry headphones like planars/isodynamics.  I'd say look into an Objective2 + ODAC setup. That would pair marvelously with the X1, and be transportable to boot if you got the...
All headphones are for listening, regardless of what they're "advertised as" :/
http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/AudioTechnicaATHAD2000X.pdf bottom left chart http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/SennheiserHD800.pdf HD800 for comparison
The AD2000X has remarkably low distortion, lower than any other dynamic, but is highly colored, middy, and a little slow and sloppy compared to the HD800/Q701/etc. Can't speak for the non-X version.