Posts by takato14

Bump. Price drop.
Really? Price drop.
This is actually exactly what I was planning on doing. I was gonna get a Stax 'tret cable and use that. It has 4 pins.
Sold.
I got a whole lot of vintage gear to share with you guys now, including a Stanton Dynaphase Sixty (beautiful <3). Unfortunately I can't take any pictures just yet, I already had to take a huge set of photos for my classifieds and I couldn't possibly have brought any more headphones with me today.   Until then, here's a couple shots of the ATH-6 I promised. I've been really sick lately so I wasn't able to get around to posting them...
I actually somewhat expected this. We'll see if/when an energizer shows up for cheap.
Now that's pretty.
I disassembled the ATH-6 and cleaned every part, including the sliders and cup pivots. Everything is smooth as butter. The set is actually in far better shape than I initially thought it was. I can't post pictures yet though, that'll have to wait until Tuesday.   Now... I was able to fashion a simple adapter from a spare headphone cable. I plugged these into my trusty Dragonfly and they made noise... sort of. At such an incredibly low volume that I couldnt discern...
No sonic changes whatsoever. And yeah, it might pose the potential for shorting out the potentiometer's terminals. Back on it goes.   Also, after getting over the massive (and I mean utterly disorientating) bass emphasis, I'm realizing that these are actually a VERY nice pair of headphones. Maybe a little boomy, but smooth and very detailed, with EXTREMELY wide soundstage presence. Definitely not selling these just yet, I just gotta see if that bass hump goes away...
Uh.. what?     Anyways, the drivers appear to be identical except for this odd plastic sleeve on the magnet of the HV-215v's driver. It reminds me somewhat of those little coffee cream containers you see at restaurants. It doesn't appear to do anything and doesn't want to come off, but it's not glued.  It spins around freely and moves up and down a little, but it won't come off. EDIT: Just got it off. Testing for sonic changes once I get the other off.      As you can...