Posts by takato14

Pioneer SE-500The SE-x00 line is Pioneer's (failed) attempt at revolutionizing audio in the 70's. There were three models in total, the SE-300, SE-500, and SE-700. These headphones all use a special planar driver, made from high-polymer PVDF piezoelectric film. That's right, piezoelectric, like the more modern TakeT H2+, but completely planar as opposed to a Heil driver. These headphones are all RIDICULOUSLY difficult to power due to the drive type; they are a fully...
CAL! ranked under the KSC75? Please explain...
Putting up my newly acquired, new old stock, TDS-16 Echo.   This is the Smela-made version. These are the headphones that people cite as having an attack speed comparable to electrostats. Nice sound, great for music listening, but I already have gear that surpasses them so I'd probably be better off just selling them. They were used for about 1 hour or so altogether then put back in their box. I never even unwrapped the cable, it's still coiled up around itself the same...
Sold. Again.
Hm, just got those Smela TDS-16s I mentioned a while ago, it appears they're the 40 ohm version (H-16-40C), and the emblems on the cups have black lettering instead of white.    Condition is... well almost perfect, but the headband is a tad wrinkled, I guess from all the years these sat in storage? Normally that wouldn't be a problem, except this headband is stiff as a board. No, seriously, the headband is ROCK HARD. Even holding it over the heater vents in the house for...
Bump :/
Bump...
I will not lose money if I get a good trade offer. Returning them is a last resort. Do not post here unless you intend to buy the headphone as it is against forum policy.
Bump... really need a good offer within the next week or I have to just return them.
The stock cups are much prettier IMO. Most DIY wooden cups are quite gaudy and don't fit with the rest of the headphone, and these are no exception it seems.