Posts by takato14

The inner opening is identical in size. The pads are almost as thick as the cups, a solid 4-500% thicker than the stock pads, but my stock pads are flattened to hell. I didn't actually seal them to the baffle with tape; I assume this will increase bass and decrease treble even more. However, I am tempted to cut out the speaker cloth/foam on the inside of these, as it might be what's ruining the upper ranges. Maybe its worth it... but on the other hand they did sound nice...
1: Sansui SS-100   --Stunning. Perfect. Flawless. Holy sht. Treble. Subbass. Lucid midrange. Amazing resolution. Transparency. Soundstage depth. Oh my God. Staying forever. Christ, my earlobes hurt.    2: Pioneer Monitor 10-II (Highly modified)   --More bass. Less treble. More isolation. Less clarity. More width. Less ear bleeding. Good, not amazing. Really only staying for when I need some isloation at home and/or don't want ear-blood all over my...
Got those pads... holy f*k nick, these things are enormous, they're bigger than the cups >__________>     Trying them out, they're definitely more comfortable but they angle the cups out weirdly and make them look dorky. More headband padding would probably help. They actually do fit inside the lip of the cup where the pads go, which surprised me.    Sound-wise, they sound similar to the stock pads, but with a tiny (maybe +2-3dB) increase in bass. Soundstage size...
--PLEASE READ BEFORE MAKING AN OFFER--   The headphones in this listing are currently in the process of being sent out for measurements by Tyll Hertsens from InnerFidelity. They are for sale, but I will not be able to ship them until they have been measured and have been returned to me. It will be at least two weeks before I am ready to send them out so please keep this in mind.     These are the headphones you want for portable use. These are the top dog of Sony's...
That's a pretty damn good clone if they're just "based upon" them... I have one in my hands right now. They're literally completely identical visually.
Sold.
These are now for sale. Bump.
Selling my Portapro. These adorable little cans are legendary. Easily the best buy below $100 and comparable to many in the $200 range, especially if you're looking for a portable. I do enjoy these headphones quite a lot but I need something with more isolation (or rather, any isolation at all) in order to protect my hearing at work.Condition is very very good, no noticeable signs of wear. 100% functional, only used occasionally and only owned for a few months. I'll...
a person whose opinion I trust absolutely adores them and she has like... every vintage headphone worth mentioning so >___>
interesting too bad it means sacrificing those gorgeous urushi cups someone should totally anodize the TH500RP cups red and do this