Posts by takato14

The HP50 almost never shows up, and when it does its well over 10x the amount you listed. Additionally, I've had a headphone that uses the same drivers as the HP50, the YHD-1, and it was not very good at all. Extremely dark and nowhere near the SS-100 in clarity and resolution or speed. The presentation was a lot more two dimensional and compressed. Mods did nothing and they always sounded dull and lifeless. I thought the same of all of the Yammies, modded or otherwise,...
Bump.
Sold...
Need to make some earpads. What's the best open cell foam for this and where can I get it? Amazon is proving useless but I saw some potentially usable stuff on eBay. I'd rather not waste a lot of money buying around if possible, though.    Cheers.
1: Sansui SS-100: Perfect midrange, well extended in both directions, extremely airy and open, gloriously transparent and smooth, gorgeous, not comfy   2: Pioneer Monitor 10-II (modded): "Audiophile bass cannon": capable of bigger bass than Beats with less distortion than the LCD-2, upper ranges do not suffer/aren't lacking, enormous soundstage, extremely comfortable   3: Toshiba HR-810 (modded): Ridiculous transients and control, very smooth, bass can hit hard despite...
"an open can with a closed cup"   that equates to a closed headphone    the difference is the pads aren't sealed to the baffle plate
Bump.
Bump. 
Price drop... 
ok, yeah, holy **** 1: Pioneer Monitor 10-II (modded) 2: Toshiba HR-810 (modded) 3: Sansui SS-100 (stock) 4: KOSS PortaPro SS-100 is still being underpowered; the Gustard H10 will probably change these rankings but holy **** the 10-II responds well to mods