or Connect

Posts by takato14

1: HiFiMAN HE-6 (mods): Absolutely decimates everything below it in technical prowess and accuracy -- and I do mean decimates it. A little rough and unpleasant in the treble, otherwise very smooth. Relatively neutral, maybe slightly dark. Extremely large and heavy, but comfortable with the new earpads. 2: Sansui SS-100 (mods): Buttery smooth and immersive. Intimate and flat from bass to treble. Presents sound in a 2-dimensional, yet very well separated manner. Very...
Selling these for my mate. He bought them a few months ago but has decided that he cannot justify keeping them with his current stable. They are very very lightly used -- basically brand new.   These are easily the best recommendation I could give for a quiet all-day listener -- these headphones sound very relaxed and cozy without sacrificing resolution or spaciousness. Very unique sound signature that's extremely easy-listening and satisfying and some of the best...
turns out I derped, my drivers are labeled "TH05" and I thought this was a model number of one of Fostex's headphones I was thinking of the TH-5B (which has 30mm mylar drivers so not even close) I may be more tired than I initially thought...
Lettering on the magnet is different... these could actually be different capsules from the same series.
Hm, that trace pattern and density is pretty lackluster. I'm guessing these sound possibly a bit loose and flabby (maybe rolled or distorted)? Pretty nonetheless. I like how much of the diaphragm is trace-free though. Probably very smooth sounding.
Holy crap! Audeze, Focus, and THX00 pads all gone within twelve hours! Thanks a lot guys.
Alas, 'tis but the natural fate of a headphone modder, to gather a ludicrous sum of ear cushions throughout his quest to achieve audio nirvana. So here I shall place those which did not fit the bill back up for sale to aide a fellow journeyman on his quest.   All prices are OR BEST OFFER.     Audeze Vegan Suede Earpads -- Brown (pair) -- $40.00 shipped SOLD These are very nice and cushy but they turned out to be too big for the headphone I had in mind. Basically...
... except most laws (in proper societies of course) exist to stop people from violating the unalienable rights of others  we have a choice here, we can choose how we react to our surroundings why not just be nice
Two wrongs don't make a right... 
That's a pretty insulting statement.