Posts by takato14

I'm sorry but I just can't stand either of the momentums, especially not the black/red ones (that's been overdone to death). This is not a "retro" styling at all; retro is pure functional simplicity, not hyper flashy shiny curvy B/S like the momentums. The Yamaha YH-1/2 and Audio-Technica ATH-6D have what I'd call a "retro" styling.
too bad the MK2 isn't a fraction as good as the MK1 the MK1 is also prettier IMO  <3 champagne aluminum
Haven't heard those, but the AT dynamics I've had from the 1980s were all pretty underwhelming, so it's probably safe to say they're a couple notches below the sextett. AT seems to have problems with extension extremes and managing the IMD of their headphone transducers, even nowadays...
I feel very bad for wanting a pair of these someone smack me
Implementation is everything, and the enclosure on the Pro is a lot different than the one on the Premium. Something can use the same driver as something else, yet sound wildly different. Note the stock Fostex T50RP compared to (insert XYZ T50RP mod here).
Wait, ****. I thought he meant the DT990 Premium, not the Pro. Yeah, the HE-400 is probably at about the same level as the Pro, whereas the Premium is more refined. Still, making the extra stride for the HE-500 wouldn't be a bad decision. 
A week and a half is not enough time to decide whether you like a headphone. I've had my Pioneer Monitor 10-II for nearly 2 months and I'm only just now starting to realize how amazing it is. I do not own the momentum, but I have heard it; a friend of mine has a pair. If it did anything right, it was bass and vocals. Tyll Hertsens' graphs support this. It was a bit slow and lacked impact, and had a little bit of reflection/resonance in the cups. The graphs support this as...
um the bass is nearly 10dB above the treble, are you insane its also very linear up until the bottom of the upper midrange so vocals should sound wonderful also this
I'd go with something more current oriented than the E09K, though low budget current amps are relatively scarce. The E09k would probably sound alright with the HE-500, but I'm not positive. Perhaps a Magni instead (though you'd need to use a different DAC). A Lehmann BCL or one of it's many clones might be suitable, as that's what I'll be getting for my setup once I can afford it. I've got a few current monsters myself and I could let you know how it performs.
Most of the reliable impressions of the orpheus say it's a really poorly designed stat, it's designed to sound euphoric and inviting instead of perfect it'd probably complement the 009 but it's definitely not better than it