or Connect

Posts by takato14

1: Absolutely wrong, distortion isn't affected by deviation any more than the averaged FR plot does. 2: Measurements from two different headphones are absolutely comparable because the exact same methodology is used for each of them. Look at measurements for Audeze's LCD-2 and you will see that bass extension has no correlation to bass distortion measurements. Regardless of that, the Pioneer falls off a cliff below 100Hz, indicating (regardless of distortion) that it has...
"distortion is exceptionally low"*rubs temples*
that'd be childsplay if I still had the rings from the focus pads I tore apart but unfortunately they broke in the process and I threw them away if someone could send me a pair of the pads I could do it pretty easily
some people believe that supersonic frequencies give us extra positional cues that traditional headphones cant replicate, which is why they never sound true to life. I don't subscribe to that myself, but I'm still somewhat interested in these now that they're more sensibly priced.
Which one, and which version?  Not exactly fair to compair an Asgard v1 to Ragnarok, for example. 
How quaintly ignorant.
It's a shame really. Clearly they lost most of their good engineers in the last 40 years and simply couldn't get good replacements.I'm using a Pioneer Monitor 10-II from 1982 at the moment and while it took a different pair of pads and a new cable to sound right, it already trumps the TH900 in everything but ultimate upper midrange smoothness. By far my favorite closed headphone.If they could get their old engineers back I'd love to hear what they could do with modern...
...and? How does this do anything but validate my point?It'd be irresponsible to not wait for the opinion of someone you trust, or measurements if you trust no one but yourself.
Maybe some people don't have $2.5k lying around that they can drop on a headphone less than two weeks before Christmas. Especially one with heavily mixed opinions about it floating around.
1: Sansui SS-100 (Mods) 2: Pioneer SE-500 (Extreme mods) 3: Pioneer Monitor 10-II (Extreme mods) 4: Sennheiser HD700 (Mods) 5: NAD RP18 Mylar (stock) 6: KOSS 4AAA (mods) 7: Sony MDR-605 (mods)