Posts by takato14

Temporary ranking while my other schiit is away.   1: Pioneer SE-500: By far the best thing I have right now. Absurd clarity and soundstage depth, extremely good detail retrieval. Just too shallow down low and not comfortable enough to wear constantly.   2: Sony MDR-605 (mods): Baby MDR-F1. Very realistic soundstage, clean and clear, but can't be played loudly without causing awful grating upper mids.   3: Sansui SS-35 (Extreme modifications): New 50mm silk/wool...
uhh 600 grams is heavy 420 grams is heavy 350 is like HD800 territory, which is extremely comfortable (and not particularly heavy either)
wow   that would be their best looking headphone yet if the silver parts were going to be a quality matte metal (such as aluminum)   but we all know thats gonna be gloss el cheapo plastic
Bump.
Bump.
They (Pioneer) had a lot of headphones in the 70s and 80s that would qualify as "high end" based on price at the time.SE-100J and SE-1000 (electrostatics), Monitor 10, Monitor 10-II, SE-M10/Master 1S, Master-1G, SE-Eleven, SE-12... all of these were quite expensive for their time period, and the ones I've heard are pretty good even by today's standards.
Bump. Price drop.
Bump. Price drop.
Well. The new amp/DAC combo I purchased really stirred things up a bit. (Gustard H10 + Geek Out 450 for anyone curious)   1: Sansui SS-100: Still as good as it always was, but that last little bit of smearing and cloudiness/lack of coherency to the sound is simply gone. My absolute best and favorite headphone in everything but comfort. Have to set the gain to +6dB on the Gustard for these.   2: Pioneer SE-500 (modified): Gotta say, I'm really surprised with this...
a preliminary, likely doctored FR graph is by no means the full picture, we don't even know whether or not it's compensated for HRTF, what methodology or equipment was used for measurements, how many samples and measurements per sample were used, octave smoothing amount, or anything like that, its just, a line   if we had an awful impulse response or square waves to go along with it, then maybe, but as of now I'm not going to count these out and I would advise people to...