or Connect

Posts by takato14

bump...
takato.exe has stopped working. Would you like to send an error report?
bump
I do not like the look of that headphone's driver. The voice coil looks quite small for such a large surface area and the magnetic circuit seems extremely lackluster. Of course, its not possible to see minute details such as voice coil distancing and magnetization pattern from a picture, but I really don't like how little magnet I'm seeing in there. I'd love to see Sony put out another statement-level headphone, but for now I'm betting this will be a marginally, if at all...
bump
midrange became cleaner and clearer, 6kHz resonance calmed down a lot. bass is entirely unaffected -- the HD800S has thicker bass because the driver is tuned looser, nothing to do with the resonator.
1: Sennheiser HD800 (SuperDupont Resonator) 2: Sansui SS-100 (various mods) -- barely below the Senns in detail and cleanliness, superior in clarity, tonality, and bass   -enormous gap-   3: Pioneer Monitor 10-II -- nasty enclosure + insanely good driver; bassiest of all by far and very resolving but also very dirty 4: Sony DR-Z7 -- cleaner than and almost as resolving as HD800SDR, but horribly bright and uncomfortable
try beyer EDT-1350V pads
bump
If you're using the stock DT48A pads, that's likely it. Those pads never sounded good to me by any metric of the term. If you're not using those, then I secede to whoever posts ahead of me.