Posts by takato14

um, no the TH500RP's sensitivity spec is quantified in dB/V, not dB/mW it's an entirely different unit, and that means the TH500RP is going to be quite insensitive, I don't remember the exact conversion but the Pioneer SE-700 had a sensitivity spec of 100dB/3V, and it converted to about 85 dB/mW, which is the same specification as the HE-6
Those are a Sony DR-9 or DR-7 OEM if I'm not mistaken. Paper cone drivers, but they actually sound quite nice; nothing special but relatively flat, smooth, etc. 
They were very rare on US eBay until recently; almost 10 pairs have shown up within a month, at least half of which were NOS. I bought two of those pairs, one in meh shape and one NOS, though I am trading the NOS pair for a Toshiba HR-810.Oh, and the design flaw I mentioned is with the headband. The black inner half of the adjusters is very thin and prone to cracks. The slider can literally ******* explode if the headband is opened too far when placing them on the...
The 10R is a remake of the 10-II, and uses the same basic design, with newer materials and possibly different (tighter?) tolerances. It might be better, but it also might be worse. I won't know until I find one. The 10-II had a critical flaw that caused it to be very rapidly recalled/discontinued. I'm not sure exactly how long it took, but it was short enough that very few (if any) were ever exported from Japan, hence why they're so uncommon in the US. And since it was...
This isn't fair either. If companies would get their **** together they'd know that closed can match and sometimes even surpass open when done right.But I digress, closed headphones are significantly harder to engineer, and there is a considerable gap between most open headphones and most closed headphones.
No idea, but the 10-II sounds ******* brilliant. It's the best monitor I've ever used, and one of the most resolving headphones I've ever used as well.Its flat, its comfortable, it isolates, its ridiculously detailed, it has amazing bass AND treble extension, it has astoundingly low distortion (orthodynamic levels of low, im not even kidding), and it's got a massive soundstage. And it does all of these things out of almost anything; they aren't even remotely hard to...
I didn't think these even EXISTED, holy crap Pioneer had two independant headphone lines, one was their "listening" gear and one was their monitoring gear, the SE-450/550/650, Monitor 7, 10, 10-II etc are all monitors while the SE-X line is aimed at consumer audiophiles all I can say is that I hated the SE-6, it was overly warm and diffused and sounded extremely un-detailed all of these traits apply to the HD600 as well IMO so I probably wont like these or the...
ooh... very tempting, these sounded quite nice on my NAD RP18 before I sold it   if I had an SS-100 I'd nab these
Are they even discontinuing the older models? I don't think they are... besides, the HE-400 had a lot of issues