Posts by takato14

I literally just puked in my mouth. 
Very lightly used and well cared-for with no noticeable scratches or imperfections. Gain toggles are 1.0 and 2.5x, I believe. I am the second owner and while I've had it for a while, it hasn't seen much use on my part, especially since the arrival of my new equipment.   This is the special edition O2 that JDS labs was selling before they offered the customization options. Original MSRP was $350 if I'm not mistaken. A current production O2 + ODAC with this configuration...
he also put the HD700 above the Q701, so he probably likes a bit of treble ringing plus the HD800 can sound pretty unpleasant with the wrong gear/song/without mods or who knows, maybe Beyer's QC worked in his favor and he got a "God Tier" pair
I have my ways. And the Focus(A) pads aren't particularly thick last I checked.
By the way, Kabeer's Aiwas actually do have their stock pads, but they're different than the other T50 variants. They're much less flat, but they are also slightly decayed and cracked.      This might explain a few things.   Also, I've added a bit more dampening to the SS-100's cups and gained some low end clarity. Sounds very similar to the Etymotic ER-4S I have on hand, but with a bit more upper midrange and treble (less peaks, more fleshed out) on the Sansuis as...
Fine. Assuming this entire measurement sheet is correct, I would still take the Sansuis based on measurements alone. The Impulse response is aeons ahead of the Yamahas, which indicates a massive difference in overall fidelity. Another thing you also have to remember is that Tyll's measurement sheets do not include distortion in the frequency response. Take the DR-Z7: http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/SonyDRZ7.pdf It measures like this on Tyll's rig, but on a friend's rig...
Stop. That is not how measurements work. Measurements do not lie. The impulse response shows less ringing, there's less ringing. The Sansuis are cleaner, end of story. Ringing is the mortal enemy of high fidelity. You can have the smoothest response in the world, the best square waves in the world, and it won't mean anything if the decay is subpar. It will sound worse. This is why the SS-100 is on a higher level than the Yamahas, even with a poor seal. If this is what the...
No. You only get those in the higher end (CD1000+) models. The CD780 is just a bog standard 50mm mylar diaphragm.
Better fidelity my ass. That impulse response is absolutely awful compared to the Sansuis, which are much cleaner in decay. The distortion measurements are also comparable. The 90dB plots are very similar, with only a slight advantage on the HP-1. The T50 variants begin to freak out at 100dB because they only have a max input of 250mW, while the Yamahas are specced at over four times that. Not really fair to judge a headphone designed for critical listening based on power...
Etymotic ER-4S is very close to neutral and has extremely good isolation and resolving capability. Got mine for $220 new as well, so it won't break the bank.   Though, you implied that "special something in the treble" was important, and they lack it... so idk.    EDIT: Actually, no. This thing is definitely not neutral. Very slightly "n" shaped, methinks. FR drops off after 3kHz, with a few small peaks that stand out, so it sounds crisp but still dull and "dead"......