Posts by takato14

I don't know, their vintage planars are really something special but I have yet to be satisfied by any modern Fostex product. This new headphone might be an exception, but the square transducer has me worried, and at $800 I'm certainly not taking a leap of faith given my experience with the TH600. We'll see though. What would be interesting is if Fostex OEMs this "new" driver out to other manufacturers like they have in the past. Oh, I missed the "good-looking" part of...
Because no one would buy it, there's already plenty of those made by the community. The TH500RP offers something new and unique to the market, whereas another closed T50RP-based headphone would be the same old song and dance.I'm also pretty sure BMF already got the most performance out of the T50RP transducer as possible with his mod, so they don't really have much headroom for improvement unless they significantly alter the transducer itself.
Yeah I was quite shocked; the build quality was absolutely phenomenal and I've had a lot of good experience with Fostex's older high end gear, but the sound just wasn't there for me. It was pretty fast, but it didn't sound very clean at all and the treble was just repulsive. The bass I could've lived with, because while emphasized it was enjoyable for most things, but the treble simply killed it for me. It was a splashy mess. $400 is quite a big discount, but even then I'm...
Fostex TH600: Got this for christmas, so not really a purchase, but.. ugh. I wanted to get an HD800 but I knew it was way too expensive. Then I considered the LCD-2, but that was way too expensive too. Same for the HE-500.    Then I saw the TH600 on sale for a HUGE discount, putting it just into the range my parents were willing to spend. So I put it on my list.    I absolutely loathed it from the beginning. Hashy treble, disgustingly thick farty bass, lacked detail...
I've owned these before so I'll toss in my two cents. They didn't sound half bad to my ears. The sound was pretty wide and had good bass, a little bit of lower midrange warmth and upper midrange emphasis; somewhat of a V-shaped sound. They were quite comfortable (the pads are amazingly soft) and they seemed relatively easy to drive. One caveat was that the sound was quite "hot" and aggressive and not all that detailed or clean; I suspect high odd-order distortion...
Quadraphonic in headphones is just nonsense, its not the equipment that's the problem, it just can't work because of how our ears work (at least, not in the way that headphone companies designed them back in the day) Intriguing. Ultrasones headphones all measure very poorly, perhaps the S-Logic is a cause for this. However, somehow I doubt this, because there is a LOT of different things going on, and it doesn't seem logical that they'd all be caused by the same thing. I'm...
It'd probably sound artificial, like they're trying to fake soundstage, which is why I asked if you tried it. Running only two leaves you with basically just an angled transducer headphone, with a lot of space from the ear, which should sound enormous. Actually running them from a quadraphonic source is going to sound even more confused than just running all four off of a stereo jack.
Figures, ultrasones are pretty garbage. Did you mod it to play sound from all four transducers? 
God... I really don't want to accept it, but...   1: Pioneer Monitor 10-II: Holy crap, Pioneer. Released in 1985, and yet I haven't heard a monitoring headphone as good as this one. All frequencies, from sub bass to high treble, are present and absolutely flawless. Clarity is through the roof; these are one of if not the most resolving headphones I've ever used. Superlow distortion, smooth as butter. Has this sense of finesse and effortlessness to the sound that is...
or which ones hes had longer and hes had that DT990 for a long time