or Connect

Posts by takato14

http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/SennheiserHD600.pdf I fail to see how this is "flat". The bass and lower treble are slightly boosted and there's a pretty significant 3kHz ramp. The HD650 is much flatter, as is the HD800. (make sure you're looking at the raw plots when evaluating flatness...) http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/AiwaHP500DIYModifiedKabeer.pdf This is a very close approximation to my SS-100, as I mimicked the mods Kabeer did to the HP500. The headphones...
Holy **** I'm jealous of that Napolex. I doubt it, but if you ever want to sell it, let me know.
What surprised me most about the HD700 is how poor it resolves. Despite being faster and lower in measurable distortion, the Sansui extracts more low level information. It sounded okay in this regard at first, but I'm noticing a lot more on the SS-100 than the HD700.
Sure. They're really crude, but whatever.  I eyeballed the shape of the inner earcup, sans mesh.  The idea is that, when this is dynamat and not felt, there will be no bare, hard plastic exposed for sound waves to reflect off of. This should in theory reduce ringing and make things more coherent sounding. However, I'm worried about the metal mesh, which is exceptionally dense and probably highly reflective. I'm probably going to have a secondary damping material in the...
Ok, if you want to be granular, its actually a 7.5dB dip.2.5dB is not minute to me. It's a quite easily audible difference.The HD800's 5dB dip isn't as big of a deal because it's not immediately followed by a massive 6kHz ridge. That being said, I'm not a fan of the HD800's stock sound either due to the dip in the FR. Its the main reason it can sound so analytical and non-engaging. That's what the Anax mod is for.
A nearly 10dB dip between 1 and 6kHz doesn't quantify as a problem for you??
Judge, not necessarily. Make educated guesses to help avoid purchasing something you will not enjoy? Absolutely. I knew I was going to hate this headphone stock well before I even thought about modding it. I can't afford an HD800, so my choices for a truly good, treble-tilted headphone to complement my laid-back Sansuis are quite scarce. This is why I decided to give a shot at modding the HD700. As for how that's going, well, none of my materials have arrived in the mail...
I never said its bass was loose, nor did I say it was bloated. I said it was flabby. Flab == thickness == even order distortion. The entire headphone is very tightly controlled, including the bass, but the definition and clarity on the HD700's bass pales in comparison to the HD800 and my modded Sansui SS-100. The 6kHz ridge and resounding peak at 11kHz makes them sound metallic and artificial with cymbals and snare drums. Guitars aren't quite as unpleasant but the wrong...
um you do realize the channels would be completely different if they were out of phase, don't you besides, the stock cable barely works at all, ive been using the aftermarket one since I got them 
At this point I highly doubt the difference between 14 and 20 dB will matter. This is still a significant V shaped sound signature.