Posts by takato14

Alright, removed the stock pads and sealed the shure pads to the baffle. Bass extension maintained, bass clarity increased. These are resolving ridiculously well throughout the entire frequency range now, and feel a lot less unpleasant on the ears. Bass doesn't hit as hard though... I could achieve more slam with different pads but I think I'm happy with this configuration. I could try tuning the driver looser, too... but that probably will cause clarity loss. In fact it...
*decent wooden cups really just an AT ripoff
How do you figure?  I only post when something changes, and I change my descriptions every time. I also very rarely post in this thread.  As others pointed out, you are not forced to read my posts. I will post what I want, when I want, so long as it's relevant and within the forum rules. Deal with it or block me. It's your choice. 
ok I just mimicked Kabeer's mods on the Aiwas with the SS-100 and now they sound unbelievably good   sending back to tyll soon
OK. NEVERMIND. 1: Sansui SS-100 (modded): Holy crap. I added a pair of rockwool discs from a Bang & Olufsen U70 to the rear of the drivers and placed the stock damping on top of that. Then I layered a pair of Shure SRH-550DJ pads with the inner foam cut out over the stock pads. Then I voided my bowels.  Unbelievable. Now they have bass and a pair of peaks in the upper ranges (2.5kHz and 8kHz) almost completely vanished. Presentation is larger and more 3D. These sound...
I should listen to my other gear more often.   1: Sansui SS-100: Smooth as butter. Lacks a large low end; needs new pads. Fantastic soundstage and clarity. Treble is perfect. Doesn't like being driven loudly. Uncomfortable as sin.   2: Pioneer Monitor 10-II (extensive modifications): Barely below the Sansuis. More bass. Equal clarity. More 3D in presentation while being smaller in overall soundstage; hard to describe the exact differences, more of a preference thing....
I literally just puked in my mouth. 
Very lightly used and well cared-for with no noticeable scratches or imperfections. Gain toggles are 1.0 and 2.5x, I believe. I am the second owner and while I've had it for a while, it hasn't seen much use on my part, especially since the arrival of my new equipment.   This is the special edition O2 that JDS labs was selling before they offered the customization options. Original MSRP was $350 if I'm not mistaken. A current production O2 + ODAC with this configuration...
he also put the HD700 above the Q701, so he probably likes a bit of treble ringing plus the HD800 can sound pretty unpleasant with the wrong gear/song/without mods or who knows, maybe Beyer's QC worked in his favor and he got a "God Tier" pair
I have my ways. And the Focus(A) pads aren't particularly thick last I checked.