Posts by takato14

Driver size has nothing to do with extension extremes. Responsiveness is what gives a headphone good extension, which means tight tolerances between the magnet and voice coil to maximize the intensity of the magnetic field and (typically) a diaphragm that is light and easy to move. The Z7 does not have the latter; metal coatings are heavy and the huge surface of the diaphragm means more metal, and more weight. This also isn't factoring in the distortion figures, etc. The...
So question.   I want ridiculous bass slam without bloom or noise. Essentially this would mean an audiophile headphone with excellent bass extension and minor to median low end emphasis.   Does this exist?
that is FAR better than I expected actually get rid of that minor hump/bloat after the leading edge and it's quite good
Keeping them in a box and never using them puts almost no wear whatsoever on them. You cannot evaluate durability without putting something through its paces; anything can survive the velvet pillow treatment. I've had four Z headphones and all of them had the cable short out, the Z5's headband slider snapped from (normally) removing the headband, my Z6 had a driver die, and I've seen several Z6s on eBay with broken yokes. You can evaluate build quality, as that is entirely...
Has jude even heard the R10
this is the first post of yours I've agreed with in quite some time every headphone CAN be portable, some are just more suited to it than others (009 on SRD-X Pro, anyone?)
Me, not yet, but my friend does (as well as the Q701). I gave them a listen and thought they were quite impressive; much more than they were out of my Pandora. 
I personally cannot stand tubes and Schiit's low end products never did it for me. Unless you find the Qs too bright I'd say skip it. A 'stronger' amp will likely increase control and extension, but by negligible amounts. The reason I said the O2 would pair well with it is because the O2+ODAC is a very transparent setup which will allow the Qs to reach their full potential. Cheers.
Unless you want a basshead headphone, you can safely scratch the HD8 DJ off too And unless you like erratic distorty treble, probably the Ultrasones (based on their previous gear); if they use a titanium driver you can remove "probably" from that sentence
The O2 would pair wonderfully with the Q701 and probably give you a noticeable quality increase (provided you get the O2 and the ODAC) But the Qs are not hard to drive at all. I HIGHLY doubt the PHA-1 can't handle them.