Posts by takato14

The Q701 doesnt have the upper mids issue that the K70x series has, though.
Odd, Sextett over both the DF and the Q701? Care to give us some insight as to why?
Uh, maybe if the driver is tensioned differently... which would make it sound wildly different.
A vintage guy I see. Good luck with the K1000. 
The SR-X MKIII I have works fine, too. You just have to be gentle with any high end headphone, really, regardless of what drive technology it uses. Take good care of your things and they'll last forever.
Very interesting, I can't seem to find it again. I noticed it a while ago on these forums but the search isn't turning anything up. He drew a trace on the foil with a sharpie, glued it to the plastic, then melted it off with trace etcher. He made two of them and made a headphone out of it...
Sennheiser hasn't produced a planar in their entire history of Hi-Fi. "Isodynamics", "Planar-magnetics", and "orthodynamics" were first being designed around the late 60's - early 70's. A lot of functional headphones were made but for whatever reason most of them never quite made it to market. The first isodynamic to hit the consumer scene was the Wharfedale ID-1, a huge space-agey monster that was incredibly cheap (would you believe $30 new?) and sounds wonderful even by...
I sold my mylar RP18 on these forums for about $415. I had gotten them off eBay for about $500. They go for quite a lot when they do show up, that's for sure.
Excited for these.   Oh and as for suspension-banded headphones: all AKG headphones except the modern K5xx models, all Stax except the SR-1/2/3/4/5/X, the Yamaha YH-1, YH-2, YH-100 and YH-1000, the Sony DR-Z5, DR-Z6, DR-Z7, MDR-R10, MDR-F1, and many of the MDR-CDxxxx headphones, Pioneer SE-1000, SE-450, SE-550, SE-650, Monitor 7, Monitor 10-II, Koss K/6X and variants, Pro/4AAA and 4AAAT, UR-40, UR-20... the list continues on.    Great headband design, for sure....
Big Brother (AnakChan) is watching.    But really, what point is there in keeping this thread going when there's no new news? Reviews take time to write...