Posts by takato14

Bump.
Bump. 
Price drop... 
ok, yeah, holy **** 1: Pioneer Monitor 10-II (modded) 2: Toshiba HR-810 (modded) 3: Sansui SS-100 (stock) 4: KOSS PortaPro SS-100 is still being underpowered; the Gustard H10 will probably change these rankings but holy **** the 10-II responds well to mods
Wow, GREQ... those earpads really did the trick.   For those who are confused: I bought a Pioneer SE-450 from GREQ for the earpads, which are identical to the pads from the Monitor 10-II. My pads were really badly flattened and didn't seal well at all. First I tried just swapping the pads... this made them sound almost identical to the NOS pair I used to have. Which is to say, better, but still has some of the same issues as before (weird holes and peaks in the FR, some...
Wow. Already found one. Guess being a pyrate does have it's perks.
//--Headphones *working*--//   ATH-M50 based DIY headphone: Uses ATH-M50 drivers in an ATH-4 chassis. Dampened. Sounds nothing like the M50; much more relaxed and pleasant. Lighter and more comfortable. $100.   A KOSS 4AAA. Has been converted to use a removable 3.5mm cable. Drivers from an Audatron SH-608R. Pads from a 4AAAT. Sounds good. $150.   //--Headphones *broken/for parts*--//   A Sony DR-Z6. Has box. Missing a driver, other driver is botched but could be...
Good mid-fi cans. HD600 + treble peaks.    Includes some felt inserts to tame the treble.   Asking for $45 shipped to the CONUS.    Pictures later.   Cheers. ~Tak
Traded.
The SS-100 has a lip on the front of the driver that pressure mounts into the baffle plate. I believe there's a foam spacer.The T50's is simply held onto the baffle plate with screws. I don't remember for sure but I think there was also a foam spacer present. The T50's design is much simpler.Can't really a do a photo as I have literally no idea how to disassemble the SS-100, and I sold my RP18 ages ago.