or Connect

Posts by ch96066

Hi to all,   Joined the Bravo tribe with the V2, mostly influenced by the good reviews here and on CNET.   Short history first. Had the Fulla (very happy), but managed to burn it with wrong connection on the USB hub it was powered from. So upgradeitis kicked in and I went for a DAC-AMP desktop budget solution.   Ended up getting the Bravo V2 to get into tubes. As I was happy with Schiit I went for their Modi 2 Uber DAC (liked the extra inputs).   Broke in the V2...
Understood. It is actually the 8200CD and not the CDQ I own (wasn't out back then), so no headphone out/amp to use. I will plug an amp first and then the headphone if I use the CD as DAC. Most probably I am parroting (no irony intented). It is just that also Schiit mention similar concerns. So instead of trying to hear if there is an issue, I thought better not to have it in the first place. I ordered a Y cable. If it works and sounds better through a powered hub than the...
Thank you Xeculus for the feedback.   On the 2nd point it could be indeed that I am just a little paranoid and perhaps I will not even notice any noise from the port as long as nothing really terrible happens.   On the 1st point and in case it was not clear in my post, my question is not about benefit from the DAC, but from the AMP. Will I benefit from an AMP if I manage somehow to hear music in a decent sound level only through the DAC?
First of all apologies for not reading through all 118 pages. I read about 40. I also searched with the relevant function. Here are some questions I didn't find answers to. I have also asked Schiit tech support about the 1st, not yet for the 2nd.   1) Using PC (foobar2k/Asio) I sent music to my Audiolab8200CD through USB. Output through Audiolab's RCA. Then I simply plugged in my PSB M4U1s using an RCA to 3.5mm female jack. I did hear music and there is no amp in the...
Quick update: just hooked up the Mogami 2534 with Rean Neutrik jacks.   I think that these are the best 25USD i have spent for a long time. Initial impressions are clear gains in separation, sound stage wideness and depth, quieter background, fuller bass. Everything sounds more organic, defined and alive.   1 step closer to having the band in front of me (if there is one). Very happy!
Happy owner of a red pair for a couple of weeks and probably 60hours of use. Most of these through PC running spotify premium, using a split usb cable to power my Fulla amp from an external powered usb hub. Also used my Audiolab 8200CD as DAC (foobar2k/Asio, usb in, rca to 3,5 out). A lot of different styles thrown at them (classical, rock, metal, blues, hip hop, electronica etc.).   By the way, a lot of it found through this huge database of reviews. Even if you don't...
New FS owner since yesterday. And a happy one at that!   My current set up is an Asus netbook streaming Spotify (premium at the moment) or playing wav/FLAC/MP3 320K through Foobar/Asio combo. Phones are HD 558 slightly modded using Dynamat. Previously I used a cheap external USB sound card and Fiio E11 amp.   My 'reference' set up is 2 way tower speakers fed by Audiolab 8200CD / Hedo preamp-amp / using XLRs / mogami speaker cables and furutech power cables, all set up...
I have a relatively 'young' system (less than 100 hours played). Having been bitten/beaten by the improvement 'bug' and reading mostly good things about the SBH, I went ahead and bought it.   To *my* ear it has brought something into the sound. I *think* it is for the better. But what is it?   Overall I perceive it to be (I am quoting the OP. I am not quoting the last part of the passage simply because I probably can't discern these qualities in music (yet?).)     I have...
Writing as I am listening to the E11 at the scenario low V / HG /EQ 0. I think I will give this setting some time to grow on me. The result vs the high V / Low G / EQ 1 is better tracking, seperation and an airier feeling overall. I am working on the iPod EQs to see what sounds better (to me). Piano seems to be doing the trick (for now).
Let me add first that indeed this is a very readable and down to earth review. In a lot of points I cought myself thinking 'I couldn't have said that better my self'.   I recently got my E11 reading the overwhelmingly good things about it. I battled it out with E7. I already had E5. Basically my decision was to go for the portability of E5 with my KSC75's and the power of the E11 with my (to arrive soon hopefully) 668Bs for home listening.   I subscribe 100% on...