or Connect

Posts by conquerator2

OMG, so many conflicting opinions! These I can't hear soon enough 
Thanks, yeah it is definitely clearer.  I don't agree with the bold part though. I had a different setup previously [well, different DAC to be more exact] and that is when I'd say it was true.If you add in an R2R DAC, however [or a DAC that does not have an overly tight bass], it transforms the 560's bass IMO.Do I wish for a bit more sub-bass, sometimes? Yep, but I don't think the 560 would still be neutral if it had it It is worth pointing out that I considered selling...
As a 560 owner I am not quite sure what to make of that... It is not bass light at all, which makes me worried that the Ether is bass heavy. I will say the 560 is very dependent on one's setup though. A good R2R DAC did WONDERS for the 560, strengthening the bottom end and smoothing the lower treble roughness, making it a seriously good listen. On the other hand, it might not have the same effect on the Ether. If Ether is transparent I'll say the 560 is pretty revealing....
I just found the VIA drivers extremely finicky with my setup[s]. They sound great, but getting them to work for me was a nightmare. XMOS on the other hand, is install, plug and worry nevermore. Zero issues. Nada. I expect the Anamero will be a step in that direction, hence why I am exciting! Super disappointed the DI can't have it though :/
Speaking of problems, I can't get the X7 to output reliably through the SPDIF reliably. Yesterday it took me 30 minutes of off/on, driver reinstalling disconnecting and reconnecting and messing in Windows to get it to finally lock... This auto switching/detecting is downright broken... I want a way to switch the outputs manually please...
Speaking of problems, I can't get the X7 to output reliably through the SPDIF reliably. Yesterday it took me 30 minutes of off/on, driver reinstalling disconnecting and reconnecting and messing in Windows to get it to finally lock... This auto switching/detecting is downright broken... I want a way to switch the outputs manually please...
Oh the bass will hit good. Better than most other DACs. If anything the leading edges of some instruments, like guitars, might seem a bit softer. They sound very natural though... The bass is excellent!
My experience is reversed. DHL is less likely, FedEx is second EMS absolutely sucks. Always demands complete documentation and bugs me on end. IMO. YMMV.
The AKG K7XX is an excellent headphone IMO, especially for the asking price. By all accounts, so is the Philips Fidelio X2 [I owned the X1 for a while it was already very good]. The HE-400S seems to close off the trifecta of excellent all-round 'budget' open headphones [and I should hear it soon, hopefully]. Just my 2c. 
Well, I'll get to hear the HE-400S soon. Hopefully  I sure look forward to giving it a spin against the 560... Unfair, but I am excited still