or Connect

Posts by conquerator2

Bump, now even cheaper!
I'd prefer a cable that does not lock. I'd rather yank the cable out ala 3.5 / 2.5mm than yank the insides of the headphone out like any locking or even mini-XLR, which technically also locks... Never had any issues with 3.5 coming loose...
While clamping does not make a difference, lifting the pads off your ears slightly does, and a better seal might improve on some of the aspects still. Thickness is standard 2cm foam, which is noticeably thicker than stock pads and thicker still than my reinforced pads. I also opted for hybrid, meaning leather pads with alcantara where it comes into contact with your ears. I did not make any modifications to the stock configuration; I am a big fan of the hybrid pads as they...
For anyone interested, my Breeze is up for sale
Hey there, For sale is my Breeze Audio DI-U8, purchased November 2015. It is a near mint, fully functional unit, based around the excellent XMOS U8 chip. It has a USB input, and coaxial, optical, I2S and AES/EBU outputs. It has the upgraded Talema transformer here - http://ebay.to/2jWIOxE It's been one of the best USB converters out there and I far prefer it to something like the Gustard U12. You can read more about it by digging through this head-fi forum...
I imagine all the benefits of a proper seal, so mainly bass but possibly more linear throughout as well. We'll see 
You got me anxiously awaiting the Vesper pads now! I will definitely report back as soon as I lay my ears on them :]
Lucky for us there's the Shangri-La, so we can do it right now 
I think it's fair to say most of us liked HiFiMAN for releasing affordable good sounding products. Back then, the HE6 at 1299$ [originally 999$ I think] was the priciest, though lots of people ended up preferring the HE500 for its less demanding power requirements and pleasant sound, which was a 'measly' 699$. There were also the HE5LE. Later we got the RE400, HE400i, HE560 and even the HE400S... Those are all still great value products. But they were not perfect. The...
- I am all for 2.5mm or 3.5mm connectors. I am not a fan of the screw on and the likes as an accidental yank can see the connector destroyed. We'll see what others think :]- I am sure many would welcome a standard 4 pin XLR in the box. Now, my gear is all single ended so I don't mind but it's always nice to have balanced out of the box. Up to you :]- I belong in the group that could care less about the box. Personally the less is spent on the box and the more is spent on...