Posts by mpsipos

There are a ton of "big" box sets released in the past few years and still being released today that are exceptional bargains. They allow you to get master performances of some great music for as low as $2 per CD, some less than $1. These are great buys for those looking to grow their classical collection or just starting out. With the holiday season coming up, I thought I would assemble a list of some good ones. I might add approximate prices soon, but they probably...
The Audio-Technica M50s are of much, much better build quality (real leather); the beats are cheap, flimsy plastic. The Audio-Technica M50s don't have silly electronic chips in the signal path, requiring you to replace batteries in your headphones, this is ridiculous (I have never had to turn a pair of headphones on).   The M50s have superior bass quality, it is much clearer and much more detailed. The mids and highs are both very accurately represented and...
+1 for Audio-Technica M50S   An amp (short for amplifer) amplifies, or increases the power of an electric signal. Before your songs are produced as sound waves by your headphones, they go through some converting, processing, and amplification in your laptop or ipod. Here is a brief laid-back summary of the whole process, including an explanation of what the amp's purpose is.     First, the digital file that is stored on your device must go through a DAC (short...
+1 for Audio-Technica ATH-M50S (splendid build quality), $120 New on Amazon here.
  Art by the great German surrealist Max Ernst! Would Modern/20th-Century art happen to be your period of choice?
J. M. W. Turner - The Fighting Temeraire tugged to her last Berth to be broken up, 1838 Oil painting on canvas, 1839 Location: National Gallery, London Size: 91 cm × 122 cm (36 in × 48 in)  
Eugène Delacroix - Liberty Leading the People (La Liberté guidant le peuple) Oil painting on canvas, 1830 Location: Musée du Louvre, Paris. Size: 260 cm × 325 cm (102.4 in × 128.0 in)  
Caspar David Friedrich - Wanderer above the Sea of Fog (Der Wanderer über dem Nebelmeer) Oil painting on canvas, 1818 Location: Kunsthalle Hamburg, Germany Size: 98.4 × 74.8cm (37.3 × 29.4in)  
Eugène Delacroix - Death of Sardanapalus (La Mort de Sardanapale) Oil painting on canvas, 1827 Location: Musée du Louvre, Paris. Size: 392 x 496 cm (12′ 1" x 16′ 3")  
Raphael - Scuola di Atene (The School of Athens)   Full-Size available HERE