or Connect

Posts by enoyletoj

That really isn't the case at all. Through a strange turn of events, I happen to have both the Harmony (one nozzle broken) and FXA7 on hand. I can assure you that the FXA7's signature is pretty similar to the Harmony: the great mids, full bass remain, but (as was the intention with the re-tuning) the treble made more palatable. This isn't to say that they're dark at all - just less prominent / in the forefront than before. Personally, I prefer the old Harmonys because I...
I'm looking to let my AK120ii go. It's in mint condition... even the packaging looks new    You get the full box and accessories that it came with. I can include the receipt if you'd like as well.   There has been talk of Tidal coming to AK players soon, so this is a good time to pick one up!   Price includes international shipping via DHL (2-5 days, depending on location), fees on buyer (+4%).    I'm also open to trades with a QP1R / i5 / Andromeda or any...
Looking to let this go so I can have some new audio adventures.   The pair is about 9 months old, and in 9.5/10 condition (just because its used). Drivers work perfectly.    Last I checked, Empire Ears will reshell it for $250 with ownership transfer, or you can go with Inearz ($125), who do great work.      I'm very open to trades for DAPs or any non-budget IEMs/CIEMs with top ups on either side if necessary, so feel free to make any offers!  
I'm not sure if this has been posted earlier but I just thought I'd share it if hasn't...   BH photo has the Forte going at $399 249! The Harmony was going at $299 earlier but it sold out real quick. Fortes are still a great deal for anyone interested in picking one up 
Oops  read that too quickly, my bad. Thought you'd bought both the M and the X-Batt. Glad to know that I'm in good & experienced company then! Nope, not that I recall. You can actually just use a small flat-head screwdriver - if its the correct size, and you apply the right pressure, it won't round the grooves. Then again, Torx drivers are pretty cheap.
Congrats! I'm rather late to the party, having just grabbed myself an M just over a month ago. Having tried many DAPs (like the AK120ii, P1, L5Pro, QP1R), I'd glad to report that M very much holds its own: it has a timbre and musicality like no other, staging & imaging is fantastic, and neither is at the expense of details or coherence. Everything just comes together very well  with well-recorded jazz/blues tracks, I'd ask for no other DAP.  In other news, my Jaben X-Batt...
Thanks mate  if only AK would make their pricing more accessible so everyone could give it a try, haha. Anyway, SALE PENDING!
SOLD   Up for sale is the amazing AK120ii. It is probably the best player I've owned, competes in the TOTL range and is distinctly a class above mid-fi DAPs, both in sound, build quality and UI. Selling to free up some cash and try out other DAPs - one gets struck with "new-stuff-itis" ever so often  - though I doubt that any of them will be able to match up to its incredible resolution & clarity.   So, why this instead of the cheaper AK100ii?  Personally, I sincerely...
Interest check. I am open to trades for mid- to high-end IEMs / DAPs - feel free to offer!    Grabbed this recently from a fellow Head-Fier but the amp section is too powerful for my sensitive IEMs. Sound is phenomenal for something its size - I daresay it matches up to a number of portable dac/amps that I have owned over the years, with sufficient power to boot. A quick google search will net some reviews!   It is an upgrade over its little brother, the Astrapi, in...
Interest check. I am open to trades for mid- to high-end IEMs / DAPs - feel free to offer!    Grabbed this recently from a fellow Head-Fier but the amp section is too powerful for my sensitive IEMs. Sound is phenomenal for something its size - I daresay it matches up to a number of portable dac/amps that I have owned over the years, with sufficient power to boot. A quick google search will net some reviews!   It is an upgrade over its little brother, the Astrapi, in...