Posts by rsbrsvp

Has anyone who does not consider the HD800 bright at all ever tried a pure silver cable and compared it to stock?   I would appreciate your comments.
I bought these headphones from "Greed"- whose real name is Eric about two months ago.  They are in minimum 9/10 condition and have several mods.   It is in excellent condition with original case. The following mods have been done to them:   1. - Fuzzor Mod (Felt mod)  Done to perfection! 2. - Beyer comfort strap applied to the headband 3. - Audeze Vegan Pads applied to the rings of the old velour pads (these pads are new, just applied about a week ago - less than an...
A few notes on matching the M9 with a variety of headphones using computer audio.   If the HD800 are not full sounding enough to your ears with the M9, try Audrovana plus.  It is the fullest sounding of all the players.  No need to buy a tube amp.   The TH-900 to my ears sounds best with Pure Music.  Try to play from memory for a fuller sound or from the disk for a leaner sound.   The HE-6 best matches up with Fidelia to my ears.
I hav not tried the grill mod.   I have taken off the grills totally- and it sounds out of whack somewhat.  I need to try again.
I bought a fully modded HE-6 with vegan pads, fuzzor Mod. and hardwired nucleotide cable.  I have tested it for a few weeks and although it is good headphone- it was just to warm and mushy for my tastes.   I just switched the Vegan pads out for the hifi-man pads- and WOW- what a difference.    All the mushiness is gone.  It really cleared up things.  This is now considered world class.  I can barely believe what a difference a ear-pad could make.   I do not understand...
The DAC is 230 volt already- however I can adjust to 110 for any US customers.  Any tech. can do it by moving one wire inside.   By the way- this DAC was $1,750 brand new without shipping costs..
I have and use A+, Amarra, Pure Music, Fidelia, and i tunes.   All are good and have different qualities.   The best- without a doubt in every way is Amarra- but only when playing from the playlsit.   Try it- and you may never go back to anything else.  Amarra- not from the playlist is good- but so are all the others (equal but different).  It is from the playlist using memory playback with i tunes closed that provides the best musical presentation I ever heard from a...
Google  "DAC-41" and you will see reviews on Audiogon of this DAC.  Headfi also has some posts on it.   Price includes pay pal fees and worldwide shipping.   This edition has the "Twin Regulator" and the most advanced asynchronous USB chip ever used in this DAC to my knowledge.   It also supports resolution up to 176 bits.     This is one of the most musically involving DAC's I have ever heard at any price.
I just got a HD800 about two weeks ago.   My impressions as of now are:   1. Not bright at all.   2. Not thin at all. 3. Extremely transparent.  (some may mistake this for brightness) 4. Very true to the source. 5. Soundstage is best I have heard on headphones.   6.  No lack of bass.  Whatever is on the recording- you get. 7.  To my ears-  better than the SR-009.  The 009 has serious bass issues and something is the out of whack in the spacial presentation.  The...
I actually don't use the volume control of the Master 9. I set it to the maximum volume I would want and then I use a passive preamp called Tortuga Audio LDR 1.  It gives me 70 steps within whatever I set as the maximum volume on the Master 9.    For example- if I set the Master 9 to 60 in high power or 55 in low power (which is about all I need for the LA900) - I will have that divided into 70 steps on the Tortuga.   The Tortuga passive also creates a meatier sound which...