or Connect

Posts by rsbrsvp

SOLD...   I bought this DDC from DIYINHK and received it about a week ago.   It is the their newest version DDC (digital to digital converter) with one of the lowest noise oscillators in production and the newest most capable XMOS receiver chip to date.  I do not believe that any other DDC has this usb receiver chip as of yet.    In addition- I will include a Blue Jeans three meter 1694A 75 ohm spdif cable.  Three meters is the best length according to many to...
Please advise of price.   Thanks,   Steven
I need an amp with a remote on the volume so I got a Master 9.  I doubt there are many if any than can compete with a remote and maybe even without.
I have owned my yggy for about 4-5 months now and I agree with the basic assessment.  It is supremely detailed while not being bright.  It is super transparent and squeaky clean sounding as well.  Lastly, unlike many reports of dacs with great detail- it is not thin at all.  The weight is very realistic.   I do remain however left with one problem.  Even though technically the yggy is the best dac I ever heard and may ever hear, to my ears it is sterile/clinical sounding...
Does anyone have any comments on how the yggy sounds with usb direct from a mac with an external ultra low noise power supply versus converting to spdif using a converter?  I am not willing to spend more than $300 on a converter.   I see a converter from DIYIHK called the DXIO PRO3z which I am considering-   but I am usually skeptical about converters versus direct usb especially when the yggy has been so praised for it's usb implementation.   Any comments would be...
All the music I download is available in MPEG format only from the website I get it from.  I listen to religious music and need to get it from a certain website.  I assume MPEG is compressed format.  In order to get non-compressed I need to buy the CD.   I have downloaded these MPEG files in the past and found them to be very comparable with the original CD quality.  The company I download from says this is so because the MPEG files are remastered.   So- I was just...
One of the MOST important features of the Yggy for which I have seen very little mention of is it's ability to play MP3 files so well. Not only is SACD dead and DSD has very very little doing, but 16/44 is even on the way out and it is being replaced by MP3 downloads. MP3- is whether we like it or not - the future of music for the time being- not DSD. The Yggy plays MP3 fantastic. To my ears- well recorder MP3 sounds as good as 16/44 and I have heard no machine that can...
I was about to buy the synergistic black fuses for my yggy until I looked at the back of the unit and realized the entire top has to be removed to replace it as there is not latch in the back of the unit.  That is to risky for me.   I’m gunna let this one go.
I wanted to ask some advice based on experience from others.    My LCD-3F was a creamy full bodied headphone which was on the polite and slightly muddy side with my old dac.  I love the full bodied tone but was not so happy with the negative consequences.  With my new yggy dac,  I do not detect one drop of muddiness and there is a significant “bite” to the sound- very much in the direction of how I remember my old HE-6  which I sold and which I was using with a more polite...
Hi.   This is the main controller module used for the building of a LDR passive preamp.  It is to my knowledge the latest model.   I paid $259 not including shipping and I decided not to use it.  Please google "TORTUGA AUDIO" to get more information on this passive preamp which is one of the best in the world.   My price includes pay pal fee and shipping worldwide.