Posts by rsbrsvp

Anyone willing to sell me their intona?  Please PM me..
My LCD-4 clips even using my super power audio-gd M9 at higher volumes (86) when using single ended output.  Using balanced output I can go to 99 on the volume (highest it goes; high enough to blow my ears off) with no clipping.  I can't even listen above 90 for more than a few seconds without hurting my ears. 
Offering $170 shipped in USA.  May offer a bit more for industrial version.
www.sorbothane.com/sound-absorbing-material.aspx (I feel like a sorbothane salesman. I really get no commission- just wanting to share my findings with head-fires)
Here are some pics.    I tried lining the inside of the ear pads with felt- the stuff used for the fuzzor mod and to my ears- the sorbothane was substantially more to my liking.  I do however want to try a thicker fabric next week hopefully for another comparison.
 Hi. Sorry but I cannot access a camera right now. However, my pads look exactly like yours except that sorbothane instead of cloth is lined on the inside. I did find that skipping some spaces within the inner walls of the ear pad and not covering the inner walls completely is much preferable. Two or three pieces of sorbothane with a centimeter or so of space between each piece is good- and also the strips I cut are only about 2/3 the depth of the ear pad. Less is...
 Type in google “Sorbothane sound absorption” and you will see their claim that sorbothane is the best sound absorption material on the market.Regardless, it works great for me.
First- I thank you for your advice on the ear-pads.  Second- I know very little about sound absorption but sorbothane is rated one of the if not the best sound absorption material on the market according to their marketing.  From what I understand- sound absorption always focus on the high frequencies as low frequencies do not bother our ears so much anyway.  Therefore I do not understand why a thick piece of cloth would perform better then sorbothane. I am a novice at...
I have received a PM or two regarding the sorbothane used.   Mine is the Duro 40- around 2mm thick.  I found that to much sorbothane in the inner ring of the ear pad is actually counterproductive.  Less is more; so I cut different size cubes - around 6 and installed them with spacing in the inner ring of the ear-pad.  This sounds the fullest and smoothest to me (better than a full non-spaced strip)- and I believe this is the most correct sound IMHO.   I know nothing...
On the recommendation of of one of the participants in this thread I have installed the HM5 angled pleather pads.   After back and forth between them and the Audeze suede pads- it is obvious that the HM5 BLOW the Audeze suede away.    The Audeze clearly smear the sound in comparison.  The HM5 are crystal clear and dynamic. They have serious punching power, superb detail and near Audeze fullness (without the veil or mud)- absolutely excellent.  I tried different materials...