Posts by rsbrsvp

Is the 3f as full sounding as the 3c???
Sold...     These are about a half year old.  I had the level 3 Lawton Audio Mod done on the TH-900 with custom walnut wood ear cups.   They have a four meter Jenna Labs 22awg cable terminated with a 4-pin balanced cable.   These headphones along with the level 3 mod and cable cost over $2,500.   No original box as I threw it away.   These headphones look, feel and function like brand new.     Price includes pay pal fees and shipping worldwide.   Besides my...
Does the LCD-3F loose the magical creamy smooth and intimate midrange of the LCD-3C or is it still there but slightly modified?   If so- how?
Isn’t creamier and granier a contradiction?
I had a few questions regarding the comparison between the LCD2 F and LCD3 F.  I asked this question on the LCD2 thread- but just in case there are those that don’t look at both threads I am asking the same thing here.   1.  If I was not comparing them side by side but rather one on one day and the other the next day and it was a blind test and I did not know which one was but on my ears on which day- would I know the difference?  If so- is it large, small, or...
I had a few questions regarding the comparison between the LCD2 F and LCD3 F.   1.  If I was not comparing them side by side but rather one on one day and the other the next day and it was a blind test and I did not know which one was but on my ears on which day- would I know the difference?  If so- is it large, small, or subtle.   2.  Is the 2F more intimate than the 3F?   3.  Which is creamier- or about the same?
TRADED!!   Serial number 28465.    In 9/10 condition with box, paperwork, manual.   Looks and feels like new.  Very few hours of use.   Price includes pay pal fees and worldwide shipping.   I prefer to trade for a LCD-3C.
The HD800 sounds great with the M9.   You need a full sounding DAC (not a sabra dac) and I recommend Amarra because it is the fullest sounding computer transport I have heard.      If you like tube bloom you can get some great tube emulation programs for your MAC which mimic tube amps to the "T".
I have the fuzz Mod.   Regarding new grills- I have tried with no grills- and I do not like it.   The sound seems out of whack to my ears.  Exactly how I cannot explain- but something is wrong without the grills. 
I wanted to ask for input regarding ear pads for the HE-6.   The focus-pads to my ears sound much more focused and accurate than the Audeze suede-pads.    The suede pads definitely increase the soundstage by a nice amount and are more comfortable but at the cost of sounding blurry- or muffled.  At the end of the day I cannot live with the suede pads because the damage they purity of the sonics even though they increase the soundstage.     Is there any way or mod that...