Posts by rsbrsvp

If I understand correctly, a streamer delivers a clean signal from noise and jitter before the USB out- at the processing stage.  An Iso-Regen cleans up the signal in the cable stage after it has already left the computer.   Which is better?   On one hand- it seems more correct to start clean rather than correcting later.  On the other hand- an ISO Regen can clean the signal at the last stage right before entering the dac- especially if we use a ultra short USB adaptor...
From my search it seems that all these streamers sound better with a better external Power supply.  Therefore- the ethernet does not seem immune to noise- just like usb.  I don’t get it.  Why not just use a mac direct by usb to a iso regen powered by a LPS-1 to the dac?  Is using a streamer better than that?
Can you please explain how I get my data from my MAC to the microrendu?  Is it by ethernet output?  Then the streamer by USB would send the information to the dac?
Many Audiophiles say a mac will never reach the sonic level of a network player because correcting the noise and jitter errors after the information leaves the computer is not the same as having the information leave the computer correctly from the start.     Is this correct?  If so- not matter how good these correction devices get- including galvanic isolation, no leakage, and ultra low jitter- they are still correcting problems after the fact.   I would appreciate...
Will the iso-regen be available in the next month???
Around two years old.  Has 6 dcb gain boost.  Has some scratches but overall in good condition in terms of physical appearance.  Works perfectly.  Includes remote and box.   Price includes shipping worldwide for a very heavy item plus all fees.   This amplifier is well respected as one of the most transparent, neutral, and powerful available at any price.   New price is $1510 not including fees and international shipping which would be around $200 more.  My asking...
Around two years old.  Has 6 dcb gain boost.  Has some scratches.  Works fine.  Includes remote and box.   Price includes shipping worldwide for a very heavy item plus all fees.   This amplifier is well respected as one of the most transparent an powerful available at any price.   New price is $1510 not including fees and shipping.  My asking price is a steal.
I am using a USB dac which is completely powered by the USB port.   I do NOT use USB cables but rather USB ultra short adaptors to make sure there is enough current.  So mac via USB cabe to intona vial USB adaptor to RUR via USB adaptor to dac.    If I switch those adaptors for one meter or even half meter cables- I then do not have the power to get my dac to make music in this setup.  Again- your way of doing things should be better- as my way was just a makeshift...
First- my voltage booster has NO switching regulators and is dead silent.   Regarding how much I spent on two intonas and a RUR;- well- your product is not available yet nor did I know it would be..  If it was- I would of bought it instead and achieved a very similar result.   My two intonas and RUR is nevertheless certainly cheaper and I would guess better than a RUR or Regen and a $1000 power supply.   I wish you luck on your project.   I know it will sound...
I'm not sure I explained myself well.    I have my Mac mini via USB to Intona via USB to RUR via USB to my DAC.  To power my RUR I have my Mac Mini connected via USB to a second Intona which then connects to an inexpensive USB voltage booster I bought on E bay (to increase the intona usb output from 5 to 9 volts) which then powers my RUR.  Therefore my power is galvanically isolated all the way through and I have the RUR clock which is according to you and others one of...