Posts by vbvb

Ah... I started with ep 630 and a transcend player.... I still cherish those days....and I still have the earphones after say 7 years...   I cannot comment on the earphone choices as I have not heard them.  A point to note is that the choice of ear tips makes a big difference in the sound for most earphones.   Regarding source, I have found the apple sound to be a bit harsh for my tastes.    A cheap but sure choice is Sansa clips, very versatile, very cheap and very...
You may try the Philips Golden Ear test to identify the sound signature you prefer.  Might save you some money.   I believe it is still free for trying it online.    You could manipulate the sound signature to some extent with your source.  What I have found difficult (if not possible) to recreate is the timbre, which has a much better impact on the sound quality, than the most typical components of signature.    Good luck with your search.
Just curious, are there any recordings just made for listening with headphones?  I would love to hear them.  
Angs and Julia Stone.  Not the mainstream, easy and pleasure to listen.
Clip Zip (rockboxed) is quite good and is cheap to try.  You may find the sound more lean / less thick when compared to Cowon E2 (I hope both cowons have similar sound).  I enjoy both.     Can you try replacing the battery for your Cowon?  May be it will give a new lease of life.  There are couple of threads and youtube videos on this.   Cheers.
+1.  I experience the same, even if I swap L & R.  I use earphones mostly.  I would like to understand this.  Is it because the drivers are inserted deep in ears and is usually in a direction from behind the ears (not like speakers in front)?
These are never harsh for me.  I like these so much now, I am wondering if it is worth upgrading to Fx 700 or even the 800s now?  
I totally agree :)   Same thoughts here.  I am now trying to get rid of my other iems...I am totally smitten by how much enjoyable fx 1000 can be just with sansa clip.        ps:  Sorry did not know how to post with quotes earlier..
I totally agree :)   Same thoughts here.  I am now trying to get rid of my other iems...I am totally smitten by how much enjoyable fx 1000 can be just with sansa clip. 
Very interesting observation.  I have the fx 1000 and I find it similar to fostex t50 rp which also I adore.  These are my favourites now.  I would love to hear if there are any one else comparing these babies to full size cans?   Also, how about Fx700 compared to full sized cans?