Posts by The Fed

Pangea USB and Better Cable IC's are sold.
I have for sale a TEAC UD-501 DA Converter that I purchased from HifiHeaven in Wisconsin last year for $850.00   DAC has been well reviewed by Michael Lavorgna @ Audiostream and Paul Wahl @ Dagogo among others, and has DSD capability and an integrated headphone amp.   My impressions of it are that it has a full bodied sound with good tone that still hits hard with big dynamic punch and snappy crisp detail. It makes good music... that's about it.    It has multiple...
I have a handful of cables from my soundsystem I am looking to sell. Mostly just surplus from years in the hobby. Don't use SPDIF conversion anymore so thats why the Viablue pieces are up for sale.    I purchased an entire suite of cables from Viablue. Once installed it looked like my sound system had a bunch of rattlesnakes or cobras slithering around it. It looked pretty wicked aesthetically and the construction of the cables is good. I can't conclusively speak to...
I have for sale my old faithful portable can... The subwoofin king of headphones Ultrasone Pro900.   I've had these for 5 years and love them to death, but I'm rolling most of my system out to simplify things and free up cash and these need a home with a good subwoofin basshead owner.    These headphones have a few flaws and that is why they are priced quite low. First there are some light scratches on the aluminum caps on the headphones (should be visible in...
For sale an HE400 in very good condition. 100% stock. No mods, no tweaks. All markings except L on left earcup are still in tact.  HE-400 has perfect mid range and good bass for an open back, and is more known for clarity in treble than either of these. Being a subwoofin head-fier myself I've had the HE-400 an HE400 for 3 years (this is my second) and am only getting rid of it as an absolute necessity.    The sound quality is worth more than the headphone can demand in...
I have for sale a set of Sennheiser HD800 headphones that were purchased earlier 2014 from Hifi Heaven.  I am selling because I am stupid and am going to regret it and will probably buy another pair by the end of the year but I need the money for other things right now.    I purchased an aftermarket cable from Forza Audio works. The large diameter 18 gauge OCC copper one. I'll include it along with the stock cable. I honestly didn't hear much difference between the two...
I have for a sale an M2Tech Hiface EVO USB transport that I no longer need now that I've got a PWD Mk2. The digital lens on the Perfect Wave DAC and the M2Tech boards look strikingly similar so rather than add another possibly identical layer of buffering and clocking, I am just going to roll this kit to fund my integrated amp purchase.   Comes with 12 volt switch mode power supply and if you need it, I can send along a USB cable.    I bought this from Hifi Heaven...
Purchased the April Music/ Stello for $1300.00 from Moon Audio about a year ago. I love the sound and it pairs perfectly with the Senn HD800 but I am selling off the lion share of my gear to free up cash for other mounting expenses.   Even The Fed isn't immune from tax burdens!    The amplifier on this thing is stout. Less than 1 ohm output resistance and delivers 1.5 watts of current into a 30 ohm headphone - 1.1 watts into 50 ohms so there is enough power on tap for...
@ Metaldood.... I ordered a headphone cable and a line out dock August 5th and received them 5 weeks later.. I suppose the type of cable order drives this a bit, but I would guess somewhere between 4 to 6 weeks. 
Just wanted to give a hat tip to Matthew and give a showing of appreciation. I had Matthew build me an Audeze LCD2 cable and a LOD. I just recently got them and recognizing the build quality and value put in an order for an HD800 cable.    Matthew provides headphones cables with premium build quality and premium materials at a reasonable price.... sometimes 1/2 to 1/4 the price of some of the more notorious companies that are "committed" to the headphone...