Posts by The Fed

I have for a sale an M2Tech Hiface EVO USB transport that I no longer need now that I've got a PWD Mk2. The digital lens on the Perfect Wave DAC and the M2Tech boards look strikingly similar so rather than add another possibly identical layer of buffering and clocking, I am just going to roll this kit to fund my integrated amp purchase.   Comes with 12 volt switch mode power supply and if you need it, I can send along a USB cable.    I bought this from Hifi Heaven...
I have for sale the most recent offering from April Music. The Stello HP100 Mk2 headphone amp. Purchased it from Moon Audio a few months back and though I really love it and it sounds fantastic with the Senn HD800 and my planars, I am looking to get an integrated amp that does headphones and speakers so need the money from this to fund that.    Comes with remote, stock power cord and USB cable. Also will ship with original box and manual.    The headphone amp on this...
@ Metaldood.... I ordered a headphone cable and a line out dock August 5th and received them 5 weeks later.. I suppose the type of cable order drives this a bit, but I would guess somewhere between 4 to 6 weeks. 
Just wanted to give a hat tip to Matthew and give a showing of appreciation. I had Matthew build me an Audeze LCD2 cable and a LOD. I just recently got them and recognizing the build quality and value put in an order for an HD800 cable.    Matthew provides headphones cables with premium build quality and premium materials at a reasonable price.... sometimes 1/2 to 1/4 the price of some of the more notorious companies that are "committed" to the headphone...
Just wanted to re-dig up an old thread here and see if anyone ever purchased this amp and came up with some impressions.   I contacted SAC Thailand this week about getting an EL-34 SE with the headphone package custom ordered with 120Voltage Silk Transformers.   Price was $850 plus $105 to ship.... Considering what looks like outstanding build quality, speaker capability and the price and tube rolling flexibility, I would really be interested if this things measures...
Tate,   Yes there is a set of jumpers on the board with the Schaffner choke module that sets either 115v or 230v. Simple matter of pulling jumpers off 115v set and placing on 230v.
Tate, I want to say off the top of my head that voltage is set by internal jumpers at the transformer but I'll need to dig into that. Right now it is set for US 120v. But I'll get you a solid response shortly.
I just wanted to chime in and say thanks to Warren and Ethan for putting this thing together. For most of us it was just a killer meet, and it went off without a hitch. But the effort they must've put into this to get commitments from all these vendors (and be told "NO" by who knows how many others), book the hotel, coordinate 200+ attendees, coordinate the vendors, print name tags, signs maps, get the place set up etc..... and secure such an amazing list of donations for...
For sale is an Auralic Ark MX+ dac.    Dac is honestly the most dynamic, pace rhythm and attack minded DAC I've ever heard. Makes my old Rega DAC sound soft and laid back (which it isn't). I honestly thought it was using some form of DSP to tweak the tempo on one song because the beat just seemed to be hitting harder and faster than the internal DAC in my April Music rig.   It has really good detail retrieval.... cliché about hearing details I've never heard before......
Warren,   I finally got confirmation that I will be able to come up on Saturday. That said I can probably handle volunteering for a couple of hours. Only thing being that I won't be making it up there till probably a bit later in the morning (say 11ish) but if you need someone to cover the desk for a couple of hours in the afternoon I don't have a problem with that.   I just need a chance to demo a few pieces like the Vega, the Grace stuff and a pair of HD800... beyond...