Posts by The Fed

Husband strikes back. It's on!
I actually built an Aleph J and an F6 in a single chassis so I can switch between the two designs (not on the fly though). And I built a voltage divider off the output so I can use them with headphones. Total overkill (for headphones) but it sounds fantastic.   I've also got about 2 dozen Lovoltech JFets and Peter Daniels ZenV9 boards so someday I'm gonna build an F3.
I have for sale an iDSD micro. This is the most versatile portable amp on the market, bar none.   You can use it as a headphone amp, a dedicated dac with a big rig via RCA out, or with another portable amp stack with 3.5 line out. It has digital in/ out so you can use it as  reclocker in a big rig... I use it to connect my ipad as my source to my big rig, and then pull the cable and use it with headphones in the garage.   I actually know I'll probably come back around...
For sale I've got an Audeze Sine On ear headphone. Simply put this is the finest, bestest on ear portable (on the go) headphone out there.   I pair it with a Cayin C5 and its extraordinary.   It destroys the Sennheiser HD25, and it destroys the Beyer T51i.   This was/ is my out and about headphone, and office headphone so I don't look like a dork with an HD800 on while at work. They are sleek and sharp looking while offering superior sonics to typical on ear...
Give this sale a bump. I built my own Nelson Pass diy amp or I'd be all over this. I never knew Alps made a 4 gang blue velvet. All be damned.
I would actually like to throw my hat in on this one. I am not a big fan of DAPs in general because I tend to use my iPhone with a couple apps and Tidal.   That said I love the C5Dac.... And it's not practical to keep an amp strapped to my iPhone 24/7. The C5dac has turned my iFi, ALO Audio, Fiio and Dragonfly units to professional dust collectors so I am curious how the i5 DAP compares sonically to the C5Dac tethered to an iPhone.   My personal info is as...
For sale is one of my long standing favorite headphones... This is the LCD2 Rev 2 - pre fazor version. I just have too many expenses stacking up and as bomb proof and wonderful as it is... It doesn't get  enough use.   I just purchased new pads, a new headband and long bars for the yokes from Audeze so it looks damn near brand new. $230 invested in the refresh.     Comes with Wood treatment wax (some has been used), Pelican type travel case, 2 headbands, 2 pairs of...
For sale is an outstanding condition Gen 1 Beyerdynamic T1. This is a later model T1 with serial number 19110 and so is well beyond the early peakyness, QC, and driver mismatching issues from the beginning.   Sound signature is probably a little warmer with more bass and a little less air than HD800 (I have both) Comes with stock cable, a cable wrap and aluminum box, no retail cardboard.   I've been on a bit of a spending glut and am now having to trim my collection...
I know. And I completely understand that it's an unfair comparison to stack a portable amp no matter what model it may be, against desktop units that MSRP out the door for $1300 and $2900 respectively.   I was just trying to add a counterweight because a couple people specifically asked about "what amp should I buy?" and I wanted to throw another viewpoint out there. Since the Elear itself probably isn't going to spend much time out and about in the world, a desktop rig...
I listened to the Mojo with my iPhone last night via of friend of mine in Lakewood. I don't disagree that is has enough output power to play the Elear loud and the DAC is definitely superior to the iDSD, but I still hold to my original position. The Elear sounds good with it, just like it sounds good with the C5. But stacked against a full size amp like the Stello HP100 it sounds noticeably thinner. Not nearly as bad as the iDSD but stil... I'm sure I'll get more...