or Connect

Posts by The Fed

If I am not mistaken, I think your problem has as much to do with the M2Tech driver board inside the Metrum deck as the power itself. If you get your hands on a USB to SPDIF converter that uses the XMOS boards in lieu of M2Tech, and supplies its own power, you should be good to go as you can bypass the USB input all together. Which would allow you to connect your computer via USB and your iOS device via SPDIF.  The iFi iLink is relatively affordable option, alot of people...
Not really looking for trades. I suppose their is a handful of items I would take, but the list is pretty short and specific.   Beyerdynamic T1, Mytek 192...   Mostly looking for cash so I can make some improvements to my wife's truck.  
I have for sale a Metrum Acoustics Musette with the new updated Transient In House DAC modules built by Cees Ruttenberg himself. The New Dutch Audio Classic to replace Philips long time dominance in digital audio.     This dac is scary good... Ridiculous detail retrieval without the forced, unnatural feeling I get with Delta Sigma options. This is not the old school mid range focused Non-Oversampling. This is deep potent bass, top end brilliance and ambient recording...
Congrats to Sopranino.   Hey MASSDROP. Get these on US Soil and I'll buy them.   Pioneer CS series speakers. They are available in the EU but not the US. The CS-3070, CS5070, CS 7070. Old school vintage look to them and reasonably priced.
Alright so I got my Musette today but am still waiting on the Octave... Also its early so no comparisons. It visually Reminds me of my old Rega Dac except faceplate is more Spartan. Hooked it up through usb and my converter via coax (choosing red and white rca jacks for coax 1 & 2 was an odd, slightly confusing choice). I couldn't hear much difference between the two inputs. Early impressions with LCD2.2 were mixed... Sounded kinda muddled and top end seemed too rolled...
Will do. Octave vs. Musette and compare both to the DAC 960. I think it'll be a fascinating comparison... Metrum is a young Dutch company advancing the state of the art and Philips is a Dutch company that is essentially the God Father of digital conversion.I couldn't be happier with my playback front end right now.
One would hope the move to custom in house Resistor ladder modules would be an improvement. But considering I've bought and sold a number a decent rigs but am still holding tight to a dac made in 1986... I don't always presume newer is better.
Just wanted to chime in here as I went overboard with Metrum gear this last week. Hifi Heaven had a demo Octave listed on their website that I snapped up but they contacted me and told me it already spld. So I located an Octave Mk1 on US Audio Mart for stupid cheap money (exchange rate with Canada is awesome right now). In the meantime Hifi Heaven rather than refund my money offered me a Musette at a steep discount. So I said 'eff it' and took the deal. Two weeks ago I...
Thanks for following up guys. It's not everyday a new company is born so I'm naturally curious about your rig.   Specs are outstanding BTW and I get not adding preamp. 95% of people wouldn't use it like that anyway. I was just curious.
That is one heck of volume pot you've got on there... Nice.    I would be interested to see how it sounds. You are a new company with a dedicated headphone amp (Solid State) with a relatively modest exterior and limited functionality charging pretty significant coin. I'd say the sound quality expectations are/ should be pretty damn high.    I'd like to see what your amp can do... I have a couple of amps in its relative peer group to compare it against.  I live in...