or Connect

Posts by The Fed

Yeah I've been actually kinda blown away by this little gear last couple of days.. I have the HD-800 which is a 300 ohm headphone and the C5 drives it and my Audeze LCD2 (which is 70 ohm, but current hungry) with aplomb. Neither requires the high gain setting... If anything, the gain switch may be a little too much for anything short of the HE6.   To say its availed itself well against the iFi iDSD and the ALO Continental would be an understatement.  Each of the others...
I've got the C5 in hand now... Thanks Jeff, (Chowmein83) It's charging up as I type this... C5 has his work cut out for him.   It'll go toe to toe with the iFi iDSD Micro, and ALO Continental. I'll use a mixture of line out options to parse decoding and amp sections independently. Also planning on stacking it up against a couple of Fiio beaters and inserting it into the big rig with Godzilla (Sansui AU11000) to see how it fares.   Good times!
1. 6.3mm  2. SMC 3. 3.5mm 4. XLR
I hear you Armitron. It's all good.  I just thought there was something there worth speaking to... in a broader context.  Thanks for forgoing the flamethrower response.   Respect. 
Hey Avitron I hope you don't mind me taking at stab at this (not my intent to be an ***** but it does happen) I think in context of what everyone here is looking to do (a write up) It wouldn't hurt to chew on it a bit given the door has been opened. If I am outta line tell me to shove it. It isn't my intent to harm others in the community.  First and foremost I don't claim to be a pro reviewer. So I'm not telling anyone how to do their thing. Best I ever did here at...
 Yeah I sent them a PM this a.m. pretty much stating the same thing I just posted in the thread. And I subscribed to the thread so I don't look the flake again.Either way, It's all good! 
Just checked in with this thread last night and saw that my name was on the list for group 2. My Bad.... I didn't subscribe to the thread.  I had assumed Cayin would follow up with individuals by PM.   If the device hasn't already changed hands too many times I am still game to be involved. If not, no worries... Just wanted to follow up. 
Just wanted to do a little thread necromancy here as I've stumbled upon something cool. I've been struggling with finding a quality audio player for iOS that can run my wireless drive as a media streamer to my iPad which can in turn sends a digital signal out to an iFi iDSD Micro. Every link in the chain is battery powered now. I just need an app that has both DLNA compatibility to access my drive, and a good in built equalizer for my subwoofin, lowriding tendencies....
I cannot be certain as my memory of the set ups fails me but believe both were being fed from source only iphones or tablets... so both were operating as Dac/ amps but cannot remember for certain. As far as tone I think the WA8 is more dense... rich and weighty whereas the WA6 wasn't as punchy but seemed like it had a bit more top end air but wasn't really shining a brighter light. That could've been song/ album choice too cause I was listening to Daft Punk on the WA8 &...
I didn't get chance to listen to both yesterday but did hear both at CanJam and would give my vote to the Woo.... Caveat being they were/ are still in prototype mode and impressions were in noisy environments with people breathing down your neck for their turn to hear it, so it is somewhat useless to make a judgement call based on all that... Also ALO's table was out in the pavillion where it was much noisier and the Woo table was in the hotel in a much quieter...