or Connect

Posts by The Fed

1. 6.3mm  2. SMC 3. 3.5mm 4. XLR
I hear you Armitron. It's all good.  I just thought there was something there worth speaking to... in a broader context.  Thanks for forgoing the flamethrower response.   Respect. 
Hey Avitron I hope you don't mind me taking at stab at this (not my intent to be an ***** but it does happen) I think in context of what everyone here is looking to do (a write up) It wouldn't hurt to chew on it a bit given the door has been opened. If I am outta line tell me to shove it. It isn't my intent to harm others in the community.  First and foremost I don't claim to be a pro reviewer. So I'm not telling anyone how to do their thing. Best I ever did here at...
 Yeah I sent them a PM this a.m. pretty much stating the same thing I just posted in the thread. And I subscribed to the thread so I don't look the flake again.Either way, It's all good! 
Just checked in with this thread last night and saw that my name was on the list for group 2. My Bad.... I didn't subscribe to the thread.  I had assumed Cayin would follow up with individuals by PM.   If the device hasn't already changed hands too many times I am still game to be involved. If not, no worries... Just wanted to follow up. 
Just wanted to do a little thread necromancy here as I've stumbled upon something cool. I've been struggling with finding a quality audio player for iOS that can run my wireless drive as a media streamer to my iPad which can in turn sends a digital signal out to an iFi iDSD Micro. Every link in the chain is battery powered now. I just need an app that has both DLNA compatibility to access my drive, and a good in built equalizer for my subwoofin, lowriding tendencies....
I cannot be certain as my memory of the set ups fails me but believe both were being fed from source only iphones or tablets... so both were operating as Dac/ amps but cannot remember for certain. As far as tone I think the WA8 is more dense... rich and weighty whereas the WA6 wasn't as punchy but seemed like it had a bit more top end air but wasn't really shining a brighter light. That could've been song/ album choice too cause I was listening to Daft Punk on the WA8 &...
I didn't get chance to listen to both yesterday but did hear both at CanJam and would give my vote to the Woo.... Caveat being they were/ are still in prototype mode and impressions were in noisy environments with people breathing down your neck for their turn to hear it, so it is somewhat useless to make a judgement call based on all that... Also ALO's table was out in the pavillion where it was much noisier and the Woo table was in the hotel in a much quieter...
I'll bite. I like Cayin's 2 channel products like the A-55TP and really think your SP-10A is one of the most handsome looking integrated amps of the last decade... If it had a headphone jack on it I think it would've given Leben CS300 and Luxman's SQ-38u a run for their money and least with my wallets consideration.    That said here is my response for the RFQ:    Location - USA, Long Beach, California 90806   Headphones: Sennheiser HD800, Audeze LCD2, Hifiman HE400...
WORD!   Thank you Mike. I will see you there!