or Connect

Posts by analogsurviver

Seems to be a well implemented overall system.
No idea, haven't had the opportunity yet ! The claim that any headphone can emulate loudspeaker system without the use of subwoofer(s) is slightly over the top. Tactile feeling of music heard live or over loudspeakers is real, not  imaginary. P.S: I see Smyth Realiser A8 includes "seat shaker" - close enough... But I find the inclusion of the smallest practical Stax amp into a system of this sophistication only as a way of keeping the cost down; IMO, a false economy .
True, depends what you count as earspeakers. Stax say they call their headphones "earspeakers" because they, according to them, produce similar sound to loudspeakers in a room.  Jecklin Float was the original earspeaker - even if Stax dated back to B.C.  It is a true earspeaker, presenting the ear with a sound field similar to loudspeakers, it uses no earpads and does not touch the ear in any way - thus allowing our pinna to perform as intended, naturally.  No Stax model...
It is Mr. Jurg Jecklin - an equivalent of Ferrari, Rolls Royce, Mercedes, ( name your favourite dream car maker here ) combined among the recording engineers of this world . Brilliant ideas, but a bit less brilliant execution of the actually commercially available products. Floats are among the very best headphones available - as with any electrostatic, the better the drive "box", the better the overall result.
It is Jecklin Float, now produced by Quad Atelier of Germany. http://www.head-fi.org/t/607422/new-jecklin-float-qa Quad Atelier do not make speakers, but have acquired rights to service Quad ESL speakers.  It is the original earspeaker, dating back to 70s - and on your pic was the inventor himself, Jurg Jecklin. Produced initialy by the Swiss company  Precide S.A. , which later turned to similarly open "headphones", but exchanged drivers for...
IRS V and rs1/B ( which I have heard ) are both great speakers. What is the make/model of that quad headphone ? I agree we all perceive the sound a bit differently and give preference to equipment accordingly. 
Great info.  I do not care if it runs on 5 phase - as long as it delivers the goods sonically. Original K-1000 is FAR more demanding to drive than HD-800.
Psychoacoustic ELECTRONIC manipulation ?!? Where do you have anything electronic in recording of binaural - other than mics and recorder ? ( HEAD Acoustics Aachen head does use DSP instead of ear shaped "entrance" for the mike - in order to be able to use larger diameter microphone that allows for 120 dB dynamic range, which can not be covered by smaller microphone due to S/N issues ) It is pure shape/size of ears/canals, coupled to mics (this is the most tricky part to...
Well, gentlemen, you are wrong. I agree that soundstage in headphones is the hardest thing to achieve - and is , therefore, the least likely to be experienced. But it CAN be done. The following binaural recordings, when listened to on GOOD headphones ( AKG K-1000/BAP-1000 > AKG K-1000 > ..... > .....) , should be convincing enough. Not totally perfect, but sure beats anything that does less/nothing to preserve spatial...
Then you should experience AKG K-1000/BAP-1000 combo on good binaural recording. After that, nothing else will do...