Posts by analogsurviver

Please do not take my remark as being personally against you in any way. It was not meant in that sense. I do come to head-fi for talking about headphones and audio in general. I did post regarding Robin in another thread, before Baycode posted here - because Robin was also passionate about cycling ( post #3449 in Bicycle-fi thread, STILL the last post ...) - and only reacted upon Baycode posted the sad news here. I try to stay on topic as much as possible - and here it is...
Do not think there has been any real slackening off.  Somehow I feel that the Havi thread is more about community/family/group of similarly thinking people than is usually the case on HF.  The news of passing away of Robin Williams is in my view more important than Havi>which amp>which tips >>>>>etc - and at least myself would find it a bit innapropriate to indulge in these usual Havi matters on day like yesterday. I have a feeling that I was not alone . Otherwise, nice...
+1. Great comment.
R.I.P., Mr. Doubtfire - that was his movie that touched me the most. He really was one of a kind and will be missed.
R.I.P., Mr. Doubtfire ...   http://www.steephill.tv/players/720/sbs/?title=The+Late+Robin+Williams+at+the+2004+Tour+de+France&dashboard=&id=317350467943&yr=2014
No comment :   http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/10/magazine/the-brazilian-bus-magnate-whos-buying-up-all-the-worlds-vinyl-records.html?_r=1
Thank you, baycode. The liberal descriptions can be more than confusing. My understanding was that the tips themselves might be made from gel, not gel filled.When wishing upon something, it is easy to "visualize" the - impossible ...
It really is a next-to-no-issue. Depending on size and where you position them within the box, the tips might/may be a bit more difficult to remove them from the box using hands - using plug just makes it easier.  That would be the least problem with Havi ... - finding the tip that fits securely, has great SQ and is comfortable over long periods of time is unfortunately not.
Well, I know that - it is printed on tha Havi box .  For those who would like to prolong the life of Havi > use some other ( less expensive/beat up/broken ) plug. Of course you can replug/ recable "anything" - but getting a secure strain relief that will be the equivalent of the original Havi is a bit harder to crack nut. Not aware of any "aftermarket" plug that can accomodate that flat cable really securely for everyday use. With those "gel" tips (besides being wider...
C'mon guys - don't you have lying around any less precious/broken cable IEMs whose plug you could use for extracting the tips from the Havi case  ? Seriously regarding the tips - any experience with gel tips in general, more particularly with these: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/6-x-Replacemement-Ear-Phoner-Ear-Bud-Headphone-Gel-Tips-In-Various-Colours-/231292758550?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&var=&hash=item35da1f6a16 There are other sizes/colors/packages available - curious if...