Posts by analogsurviver

That would be the only reasonable application for the magnet levitated/driven turntable.  However, laser has proven itself to be inferior to god ol* stylus - because it can not scan wavelengths required without laser wavelength becoming dangerous to people vision. The development of laser turntable has begun by conventional phono cartridge manufacturer ADC ( which bankrupted as a result ... ), carried on by ADC being bailed out by a Bank ( which also went belly up as a...
It is not about selling anything. At least not at this stage. It takes one hell lot of a time from the initial idea to getting the first, usually unsatisfactory "technology demonstrator", then satisfactory "technology demonstrator" - not to mention the time required to convince the naysayers and status quo defenders like yourself to listen at least in earnest - without clear bias there is nothing that can possibly be heard, let alone superior to whatever has been going on...
You may be right on this observation - but they at least realize the problem and are trying to do something in order to get a remedy. Remember how small was listening to headphones say 20 years ago ? Compare that to today... If today*s headphone world is reasonably satisfied with reproducing approximately right tonality and (ahhhmmmm to this one.... ) dynamic range, tomorrow reproducing accurate space cues might be added, the day after tomorrow the tactile feel of...
It does not matter how it sounds to you. Fact is that I have consistently been choosing wide band equipment throughout my entire life - provided it was at least "adequate" in officially audible 20-20k band. Make no mistake - band from 100 Hz to 10 kHz, when correctly reproduced, is the most important - and above and below better be quiet if not at least very good. However, recording and reproduction over 20 khz makes - to me at least - that decisive difference between live...
For a pure sine wave, approx 14 kHz. It can vary a bit either way depending on how rested or tired I am - and, of course, it gets worse when having cold or similar condition. This at my 56 years of age. The trouble is, back in mid 80s ( age about 25 ), I was a nightmare for my audiologist - or, more precisely, for his/hers equipment. After two or three times after they "tested" me due to request of my then employer, they had to request the service of the equipment ( I have...
Your hope is fulfilled chez moi . I have quite a large library of my own DSD  binaural masters - predominantly  but not exclusive of classical music, mostly recorded live. Including ( legal ) recording of  Wienerphilharmoniker rehearsal in my town in 2008 - too bad permission for recording the concert has not been granted. The first CD issued with my recording in 2006 was binaural - back then recorded directly to CD-R. It has been a long journey of incremental improvements...
Well, I can see no reason why one could not use open headphones with a subwoofer.  AKG K-1000 are THE most open headphones practically possible - anything else is far, far more closed - yet they have been used with subwoofer for over a quarter of century. At least by one of the original design team members. You do not necessarily need DSP to correct for time alignment issues. Practical way would be finding good spot(s) for subwoofer(s) in the first place, followed by...
No problem - but neighbours may well think "where the hell this unrelated rumble is coming from..." I have yet to do it at home - but have heard such a setup.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/496521/headphones-subwoofer/15 http://www.head-fi.org/t/57805/history-of-the-akg-k1000   Here the member of the original design team for the K-1000 writes about using subwoofer(s) ( or, IIRC, normal full range speaker(s) used as subwoofers ) with K-1000 . It just does not get better than that ... There may be more threads on this topic - just search for "subwoofer + headphones", etc.
Please do read - and quote - what I have actually written. There was a remark regarding the tactile sensation ( feel ) of bass - trough use of subwoofer(s) dedicated specifically for headphone listening. There are threads on head-fi regarding specifically the use of subwoofers for headphone listening. I can pull and quote anyone*s comment/post out of the context and slap a similar bashing photo to it - too. As much as the digital DSP wizards would like to believe you...