or Connect

Posts by analogsurviver

And now BOTH posts went away - oh, dear ...
People just do not know when to stop the nonsense about tubes to be a priori high distortion designs. For electrostatics and required high voltage swings, the tube is perhaps at the only location possible for audio that is inherently better suited to tube than solid state characteristics. Please educate yourself better first before splashing such a statement again. Two of the least distorting audio transducers ever produced are electrostatic, the Beveridge 2SW has ES amp...
Thank you for the reply. I did find this graph regarding OS 100/200/300 tips :  http://www.ostry.com.cn/item/detailPage?itemid=28
Has anyone tried these tips from Ostry ? I have Ostry KC 06 on loan, alongside the Dunu Titan 1.  TBH I prefer Dunu by a large margin, yet I found I need "some" kind of HF control on these - the best I came up with so far are small bore tips from my Xkdun IEMs - otherwise the Titan 1 is too bright fo my ears. Now the Chinglish description of sound is a little vague - to say the least. "Dental correction medium " = ???? in English? Ok, I get the "catheter" is a nozzle of...
I agree with that. I will wait till some proper measurements are out on these; just because they should be good/the best it does by no means must mean they really are. And, if I grab the chance, will of course try to audition them - with my source and my music.
Hmmm - EMT929 is quite a high effective mass tonearm, I am afraid on the high end of what a Lyra cart might still be comfortable with. Perhaps with one of theever_more_elusive_low_mass_headshells - which are getting REALLY hard to obtain in recent years.  A great resource on EMT, Thorens, etc is this : http://www.stefanopasini.it/Audio_index_Main.htm With this kind of "heavy metal", besides EMT's own models ( and myriad of EMT modded carts ), Ortofon SPU, Ikeda (...
In theory, it should work. You would have to somehow produce the interface - I do not think Jecklin/Quad jack is compatible with Stax's. Question is how loud it would go. Jecklin has bigger gaps between the stators, therefore it requires bigger bias voltage, bigger voltage swing than ""580 V bias" Stax models in order to perform up to full capability. How much they changed in Quad version is something I do not know. Perhaps best to ask Kevin Gilmore, as he sure has...
Seems to be a well implemented overall system.
No idea, haven't had the opportunity yet ! The claim that any headphone can emulate loudspeaker system without the use of subwoofer(s) is slightly over the top. Tactile feeling of music heard live or over loudspeakers is real, not  imaginary. P.S: I see Smyth Realiser A8 includes "seat shaker" - close enough... But I find the inclusion of the smallest practical Stax amp into a system of this sophistication only as a way of keeping the cost down; IMO, a false economy .