Posts by analogsurviver

Well, I can hardly think of any other instrument that clearly and consistently produces > 20 kHz and is used in acoustic music on regular basis, therefore known to at least classical music listeners - the other being cymbals of one sort or another, but it is hard to find a musical piece dedicated exclusively to cymbals that lasts for at least 200 seconds. Of course there are stringed instruments - but overtones with these take even more "prior knowledge" to discern >20 kHz...
NOT what I was hoping to see/hear - I would appreciate any links to the thread in question. And, no way, listening to > 20 kHz recordings did never make me depressed - or otherwise I would have gotten rid of my vinyl records on "headphones" decades ago . Which is to say that I did know why I always insist on speakers that have reasonably extended high end : http://audio-heritage.jp/TECHNICS/speaker/sb-rx50.html and why I am eyeing the best ribbon tweeters ever...
Well, I am a priori against removing or adding hi-frequency content that is not correlated to the original - there was such a case about a year ago by a member banned since from head-fi; whether or not he is "sailing again under another flag" here is something I did not investigate further. I would never do such a thing; recorded so and so vs recorded that and that, if needed as sample A and Sample B for ABXing - but never removing original content to be replaced by...
Bach French Suite(s) = harpsichord = content >20 kHz. Just because recording uses DSD/HiRez PCM it does not necessary contain > 20 kHz - it can and should not add anything that was not present in live sound in the first place.
Well, one can take anything out of context - can't one - myself included. The quoted whole excerpt can be interpreted either way - if one takes out only what suits him/her. Tennis ball returned : High-α EEG power (10.5–13 Hz) was larger for the excerpt with high-frequency components than for the excerpt without them. This effect was statistically significant only in the last quarter of the period (150–200 s).  And the paper does say that the whole thing works on...
Hmm, if those are big to you, I *guess* you would have no trouble at all in naming my own earspeakers - resulting in their rightful name in your first attempt Elephant Ears . No kidding. Here the updated recently re-introduced Float; on the head of none other but the Mr. Jecklin himself : *Summer* version *Winter* version http://www.head-fi.org/t/607422/new-jecklin-float-qa Thank you for the links, much appreciated . PS: WOW - just read that at least 150 seconds of...
First, I would like to thank you for the links. I really do appreciate your posts and broader insight they are bringing to the subject. I beg to differ, sir. While it is true than the vast majority of headphones available can not excite (enough of ) our skin, there ARE a handful of what is far more appropriately than headphones ( usually reffered to them in this way due to tradition/convinience/familiarity by the most people/etc ) termed - EAR SPEAKERS . The original EAR...
Nothing new under the sun - my PC says visiting this site is unsafe because of the cyber crime; oh well ... - I've been bit in similar scenarios before, so do so at your own peril. The most obnoxious one was hijacking the PC, all they left was the internet explorer and the link to which the ransom in order to unlock the PC could be paid. Thankfully, I did the backup of ALL files before that happened  - and chose to load all the software etc from scratch instead. However,...
Let's put it this way: first adjust/set up whatever you have available really well. If the turntable is not adjusted "perfectly", it will never be able to compete with the one tat is - despite the perfectly adjusted TT being far less quality/costly design. Yes, DC motors & power supplies & acryl>delrin platters & metal subplatters with better main bearing AND - new to the mix, but probably the most important - panzerholz plinth WOULD be an improvement; by now, all of what...
In its literature, TAKET that produces Batpure http://www.taket.jp/batpure/batpure.html and Batpro (among others ) supertweeters does mention a simple test with which a person can test him/herself if he/she is likely to benefit from the use of supertweeters : http://www.taket.jp/bpp/bpp_e.html Now, there is inevitable "lost (or distorted ) in the translation" - so please refrain from nitpicking along these lines. Basically, if one feels the difference in the sensation of...