or Connect

Posts by analogsurviver

I cry FOUL ! This is the way PCs sound whenever they reach the terminal speed for audio - they begin to noise like crazy, just as in this example. I know it from the use of Korg Audiogate (which plays DSD as PCM, and has rates and depths selectable - one of my netbooks will play back DSD as 192/24 just OK on wall power supply, switching it to batteries creates exactly the same noise as in your example). This is NOT fault of the recording, it is inability of either...
It did happen - once. Now I would like to check it - for 6 or so years of recording back.
This is marimba > percussion > treble above 20 kHz - normal.  But that 24 kHz persistent constant peak "should" not be there. You really make me want to install this FFT analyzer - I have seen similar (same?) only for a few of my own recordings, now I would like to check them all.
I will familiarize myself with the software first and will see how far can I go on my own. On Hydrogenaudio, they write enough semi misinformed gobbledegook regarding vinyl that  I would not trust them a - bit. Let alone groove. They are much better with digital, so I might reconsider.  Rhetorical question: if your spouse comes, from doing any chores around the house, voluntarily to the listening room and asks you WHAT did you do for the sound of otherwise familiar CD to...
Ahhh  -  another one joining the ranks of what I call Nikola Tesla's Call From The Grave ( hum and its harmonics, 50 Hz in Europe, 60 in the USA, allegedly both in Japan, etc ). Nasty stuff, particularly with dimmed lights ... - BZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ! In other words, another worry to worry about as people keep on forgetting to switch off electrical buzzmakers - with this one not even being directly audible. Thank you for the tip !
Sorry - "semantics" : from the "Download types & How to set up" VST, VST3 for Win32 and Win64 (Win32_64_VST_VST3) — VST and VST3 plugin for 32-bit and 64-bit host audio applications running on Windows. This download requires a VST or VST3-compatible host audio application to run. Will install the minute my PC is "healed". If it works with 192 kHz, it means it will likely display to 96 kHz - YES !!! This is what I call Positive Collateral Damage - it it were not for your...
Point taken. Uploads will proceed as promised.
No, I did not. Something went bad enough with my PC it does no longer recognize my Yamaha burner >clean up>install ASAP. Drivers for Yamaha are cleverly burried in Nero and anything downloadable did not solve the problem so far. Goes beyond my command of PC, will ask a friend sometime next week we both have time. It is quite complex to have everything I use compatible - as sometimes for back compatibility some ancient software still has to work.  I can still use Yamaha...
I will have to install VoxengoSPAN - but it will have to wait, "something" went bad enough my main PC does not recognize even my Yamaha burner, so it needs a thorough clean up . I do not want to mess with the VST plugins required for Windows prior to that. ( No problem, I can get CD rips promised using netbook ...). I can then test my own recordings for ultrasonics - but will have to bounce DSD down to some PCM. Which is the PCM that still works with VoxengoSPAN - 96/24 or...
If it is there constantly, it must be some kind of defect : mic resonance (least likely), grounding/RFI generated (can and does happen), oscillation anywhere from mic capsule right out to the analog output (there are lots of (pre)amps in any recorder...each of them can be the source of this ).  Music overtones extending beyond 20 kHz are usually lower in level and are "in beat" with the music ( with instruments that can produce >20 kHz) - "constant " over any appreciable...