Posts by analogsurviver

True - but it is the first "dance" with this seller for me. It almost gave me heart attack after I clicked the link given originally by bhazard when B3 Pro (Old Version) became available on taobao again - redirecting me as a foreign buyer to aliexpress, where shipping alone did not dip below 100 $... After such experience, finesse like going with the seller directly or trough ebay and its commisions is a rather moot point ...
Haha, thanks. It was pure pragmatism on my side; I was already mentally *preparing* to go trough the hassle of  taobao and ....tao.whatever, - and finding a reputable dealer not selling fakes on ebay was like the last song from Frank Zappa's album Grand Wazoo : after pretty much highest energy charged big band jazz from the pen of one of the best composers in history, something warm, comfy and soothing: 
Blast from the past:  
That is my idea of boring too. Yet, every now and then, there emerges a fresh idea worth recording. Regarding the quantity of reahearsals; usually, in this time and age, there is general tendency towards underrehearsing - $imple economic$.  Sad, but true. Rarely do have today's "Mahlers" the luxury of rehearsing ad nuseaum - and even if this per some miracle is the case, the musicians usually do not have the stamina to follow the conductor/composer - usually he has to...
One of the results:  http://www.ebay.com/itm/HAVI-B3-Professional-High-Fidelity-Quality-Dual-Driver-Inner-Ear-Earphones-/380837555791?pt=US_Headphones&hash=item58abafee4f You can choose among the new Havi B3 Pro II or the original Havi B3 Pro (old version) by leaving the message at the end of the auction.. There is an introductory discount of 10 % that at the moment of this post will expire in 19 hours - essentially, you get shipping for free. THANK YOU ! ( With angry...
It *can* be released - if the poor owner is not watching... - not for the faint at heart. Whether it would still be rebuildable with normal spec afterwards is another question. Your best bet would be looking for parts for SL1200 on ebay - and hope not to pay for it trough the nose...
Nice to hear. It is easy enough with some logic, but is no simplicity of say a Rega/Project. Can be "anything"; luckily enough, have yet to experience real electronic failure in any of my Technics tables.
Not so easy, I am afraid. http://www.vinylengine.com/library/technics/sl-7.shtml No rocket science, in general it is the belt, poor contacts and capacitors that gave up the ghost.
Real world ... - for some weird reason, people with the rarest/most valuable records are destroying them with so poorly adjusted TTs, on the other hand, there are guys with six figure in $ tables - with about six audiophile albums to play. Try your best - I wish you the best in enlightening your friend.
That is quite common. To the point that now I record each and every concert by the selected artist(s) - some performances come out live so well that it would have been a pity if they survived in the minds and memories of those that attended the concert only. It also happened we recorded at least three "studio" ( actually a church without the audience ) "takes" of a very intersting piece of music written by Giovanni Bonato, where singers surround the entire audience in a...