or Connect

Posts by analogsurviver

In this case - see my exact reply to @sonitus mirus  - I did specify frequency response limited to (16)20 Hz - 20 kHz . There are thread after thread about a specific not only principle of operation, but brand specific headphones . And yet there is little, if any ( I admit - did not go trough all of those threads  - at least the size of this one - EACH )mention of  CABLES - and the totally unnecessary but audible troubles they cause, well within the human hearing range -...
In this case, (16)20 Hz to 20 kHz. Otherwise, the goal I am striving for is some five times that - to 100 kHz. Range that microphones and recorders are just beginning to make a reality.
That is a start - giving the benefit of a doubt . Most of the rest have categorically taken the stand "negate whatever he says".  I did not list all of the equipment - or that auditioned. But I did list the most important pieces of equipment I use. There is not a SINGLE cable of any appreciable value used - because (good enough) quality does not have to be expensive - but YOU ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO KNOW WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH THAT CABLE IN THAT PARTICULAR APPLICATION. Going...
Guys - you've really cracked me up with the past few replies.   So much so  I had to check your profiles - each and every one of the frequent posters - in hope they might ( a fairly low possibility ) reveal at least a hint of hope for at least a faint possibility that any one of you might - eventually - realize that what I said is not anywhere as far removed from audio frequencies as some of you have been trying to represent with math - which was correct. It is all WELL...
Interesting world. I get *almost* tar feathered because of CD mat at say $50 - which I neither produce nor sell. Being ridiculed in any variation on the theme possible in the process. Because it *no way under this sun* a CD mat could possibly make a lick of a difference. ( but can prevent one from buying a new CD player - because the existing one + CD mat CAN be match or more than match for the latest offerings  - those things actually have happened ) Yet if dealers do not...
I do KNOW. That is why hifi shops are weary/scary to employ me in the first place - because I DO NOT LIE.  And will send the customer even to the competition if I honestly can not fullfill the customer's desire with what is available in a store I work at. Not exactly popular with store owners - as you might have guessed by now. Got some friends - for life - because of that.
Cable electrical properties ? RLC characteristics. These can - and are - used to tune the final response, particularly high(er) output impedance tubed gear can be affected - tube preamps DO NOT LIKE practically any capacitance (if no cathode follower or other "buffer" is used - ideally omited for better sonics) - that is why many purist tube gear is made as integrated amps - eschewing that catastrophic 100 pF or more of interconnect between pre and power amp - replacing it...
Well, 1.) ignorance and  2.)http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blinkers_%28horse_tack%29 are not exactly punishable - but they do NOT give one an advantage over those who can see beyond the tip of their nose. And/or are willing to explore past the immediately obvious. I said I can not comment on those "dots" in public - for the reasons cited - but your mere response indicates that you are guilty of either 1.) and/or 2.)
You guys really reign supreme as spin doctors - got to give you that ! If I propose a $ 50 or so CD mat, I am a blantant snake oil salesman depriving poor audiophools of the hard earned and saved money for the tuition of their children - if I propose a really well made ABX comaparator, then I am trying to bankrupt the dealers. You win - no matter what.  And yes, cables CAN be used to finely tune one's system. I do not like the idea of charging for it as much as it is...
nope -  BECAUSE   - just beside the cable review -  I saw this :  http://dagogo.com/audio-by-van-alstine-abx-comparator-review-part-1-audio-store-wiring   It is a real hardware ABX comparator - from someone I trust and deeply respect for decades - Frank Van Alstine. I did not go trough it all yet - but chances are that these 999 $ are probably one of the if not the smartest spent $$$ in audio today - saving LOTS of unnecessary spent  money in the long run. Convince your...