Posts by analogsurviver

Not much to add. Technics SL1210MK5 was the very last device actually still carrying Technics name - Matsu****a phased out anything Technics around the turn of the millenium, the sole banner holder for the once mighty brand name remaining the 1210 .  1200/1210 is the most prolific TT ever built; I believe it can be sustained for the forseable future, if not otherwise, by canibalizing another 1200/1210. But there were other Technics or Panasonic models, which are comparable...
An interesting anectote regarding the ESS speakers. It happened at the Salone Internazionale della Musica ( SIM ), the famous show held every year in Milan, Italy.I no longer remember whether it was 1979 or 1986, but they were demonstrating the big Transar speaker system, with Heil drivers full range, not just tweeter as in AMT series. These are very rare to be seen, here the pic from the http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue65/ces2012.htm - the big dipole to the right...
http://www.hifiengine.com/library/marantz/2245.shtml   Please see which versions were available and whether it was (de)installing some jumpers with "universal" transformer or it was basically transformer change required.I wish you the first variant ...
        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kathleen_Ferrier
Flats were $$$ - when they were new/current, I was 17, me in Yugoslavia, Technics in the West - and it was pricey even for the rich Westerners. Only trough time machine called ebay it was possible for me to lay hands on these eventually... And why, on earth, do you think I check Technicsland - eer, I mean Deutschland (ebay.de) -  more than anything else ?
Well, in any case, I will first check out what Havi B3 Pro (old version) can do - and then see if Taobao forwarding service etc will prove indespensable. I certainly DO NOT wish my IEM collection to even start to challenge the collection of phono cartridges in size...- THAT would be a suicide.
Nothing to do with the absolute polarity - merely stating why there will not be recordings in correct and 180 degree opposie polarity. The test or its validity will be in no way influenced by what I prefer to keep under wraps.
. My Havi B3 Pro (Old Version) is on its way to me - if it proves that equalized Ibuygou Pistons are match or even better than Havis unequalized, you can *guess* where next 30-ish ( Pistons 2.0are steadily gaining in price ) will be going...
Technics used to produce GREAT gear. Your new SU7300K is a decent performer, but not (too much) to write  home about. In Technics world, that is - it is still a very good amp in world at large. I have a full complement of the Professional Flat Series - as pictured here by a well known Technics afficionado:  You have to ignore the preamp on the top of the tower, it is most likely the SU A-6, from a couple of years later.Second from the top is the centerpiece of the...
It is THE indespensable "toy" if you are a serious HSD ( Hollow State Device) lover.