Posts by analogsurviver

I agree with your observation regarding Chesky recordings , which were/are mainly recorded and produced by Bob Katz.  You can believe me I did not like the fact that the  technically even far better recording of Pergolesi*s Stabat Mater from the same venue as used for Mozart/Czerny Requiem will never see the light of day in its entirety - because of the playing. Not a single bit ...  I am looking forward to forthcoming recordings with the new lineup of VAL - both under...
Fair enough - "cowboy" was @cel4145. But the link was only a few posts back. I did post the link(s) for some of my recordings on YT - not sooo long ago, less than a week - from which it is possible to decipher more about me than I ever remember revealed for any of the head-fi members still on this thread. 
The same question can be asked about "cowboy songs" ( BTW, there ARE good cowboy songs ... ) and "Russian bootleg label ". Sometimes, it takes some of your own medicine to realize it was uncalled for and inappropriate in the first place - it is not particularly pleasant on the receiving end, isn*t it ?
Just a correction - none of my recordings in your possession are binaural. They have been recorded with custom made DIY Jecklin Disk - as the commercially available version is appalling in its multifarious mistakes and simplifications for easier manufacture. My latest binaural recordings reproduced over AKG K-1000 sound quite a bit more convincing than Jecklin Disk - but, as mentioned more than once, the market is still more speaker than headphone oriented - and I have to...
DigitalPropellerHeads ( Trademark, Copyright, etc & so forth) bunch on this thread, obviously, can not  - or wish not - to read/follow the links posted. Despite being - digital ...
I have recorded all of the VAL CDs so far...
I have been selling CDs in retail for more than 10 years - last 5 years exclusively classics. I did - HAD to - listen to them at the time; although there is no tougher torture to endure music heard at home over weekend from the original LP monday morning at job on CD - because the customer wanted to listen to it.  And it is precisely because I got disgusted by then recent recording on major labels - EMI Classics included - that I said ENOUGH , quit the job and started...
Well, that tack of creating as close to an ideal perception of a performance than just capturing the actual sound waves from the best seat in the house involves compromise(s) - more ( usually much more ) than 2 mikes, mixing desk, processing, plugins, etc, etc - which is as perfect recipe for the disaster as one might possibly think of. It will invariably impair the personal decisions how it should sound - by whoever is doing it; at best, it would be a "fake according to...
I should have written the exact description of the Technics B500 base, EPA-501H, EPA-501G, EPA-501M, EPA-501E, EPA-501P, ...http://www.vinylengine.com/library/technics/epa-500.shtmlthere are six wands in the series, 5 for normal 1/2" mount, one for T4P P-Mount cartridges. For various cartridge mass/compliance combinations - BUT ALL WITH FIXED ANTIRESONATOR FREQUENCIES AND Qs . It is not perfectly adjustable as with EPA-100 , EPA 100MK2 ( by far the best of the bunch -...
I meant the oxydation of the cable itself, not the connectors, caused by the part of the cable close to the connector (that allows soldering,  say 1/2" ) being exposed to surrounding atmosphere - which, over time, will allow the oxidation across the whole length of the cable. Factory made cables that have RCA/cable joint sealed with moulded plastic , as the Mogami  mentioned, do not allow this to happen - and fare better over long periods of time ( say at least 5 years...