Posts by analogsurviver

Tough one. Try http://www.transcriptors.eu/ - they still carry all the parts for their original design ( Michell used to produce Prisma under licence and was subcontractor for Transcriptrors prior to their own machining plant/shop ). Caution - there is a fair amount of reports people sending in turntables for refurb and/or money for parts resulting in slow action or nothing at all - as well as satisfied customers. You could also try Michell or Transrotor in Germany ( they...
The only price I did find was for the headshell - on another site. EUR 395 . Others must be in the "if you have to ask, you can't afford it " category. Cartridge is/will be limited edition - I forgot the exact number, it is around 200 IIRC. I gues everything else is more or less made to order. You should both watch the video(s) and explore the site further. This man is simply incredible - and you can bet I did not enjoy reading about some concepts still "playing" in my...
You can change the cart to AT, Grado or Ortofon - and there are Sony carts up to say a grand - yes, they DID make one of pinnacles in cartridge world! Like I said, ADC is a MIGHTY FINE cartridge. Under certain circumstances, preferable to all of the above, with the exception of the big Sony. A properly functioning and adjusted QLM 36 MK III in a decent arm is one hell of a performer - so worth sticking to it. Even under "till last stylus is gone" conditions. Getting the...
After 5 hour sleepon my part :  your speed is kind of OK ( 0.2% high in 33 1/3 which is a bit high , 0.1% at 45 is OK ). That stylus is unfortunately clogged in dirt and/or chipped. I did say ADC QLM 34 MK III is a FINE cartridge - so getting a new stylus for it definitely makes sense. Depending on your budget, you can opt for the original QLM, go higher still with a XLM MK III, what is currently available on ebay I would go with is the ORIGINAL QLM 36 MK III...
You can try playing a track with known running time and time it. As noted in my previous post, this method is not 100% accurate - but should answer if it is at least in the ballpark.  You can download for free and print a stroboscopic disc ( 60 Hz for USA ) here : http://www.keystrobe.com/keystrobe/discs.html
ADC QLM 34 MKIII is a mid line but FINE cartridge - should not sound like that. Let's start - please first check that the speed of the TT is OK.
That is terrible. One hardly thinks where to begin. Please note which cartridge you have at present - it sounds like stylus is worn and/or damaged - and/or recording is what it is and/or record is damaged/bad. It could also be the correct speed issue - a stroboscopic disk should tell you whether it runs at the correct speed, or you could time the track of music to see if it is at least in the ballpark (exact running times and times printed on label/jacket can vary by few...
My ATN-55XE stylus arrived today. Although I will not have proper time to adjust it as it should have been ( azimuth, VTF, antiskating, VTA/SRA ) for a week or so, the curiosity got the better of me and I simply replaced ATN-51S with the new arrival, leaving everything as adjusted for the ATN-51S.   It works exactly as it should - it is a rather sharph-ish (0.3 x 0.7 mil ) nude elliptical vs bonded spherical stylus, and the cantilever is also better.    I will...
Well, it just happened I was still up . I did mention previously you could use a mat with Flamingo. The only one I see fit for the use on Flamingo is this 0,3 mm thick carbon fibre mat : http://www.ebay.de/itm/Black-Diamond-CARBON-LP-MAT-die-ultimative-Matte-fur-Transrotor-/360963060245?pt=Plattenspieler&hash=item540b133215  It does not, however, sound more bright than "without" and that means electronics in the flamingo is to blame; AT cartridge is a typical AT sound,...
It is a cartridge mount unique to Flamingo ( Sony PS-F5 / PS-F9 ). It is the fourth body version for the Audio TechnicaAT51/53/55/57/59 family ; there are normal 1/2" mount, SME/IEC , ADC headshell - and Sony Flamingo. Flamingo has been on my wish list longer than I care to admit. There is always something more pressing pressing on my purse - lol ! No idea what causes muddy sound; if it is not downright distorted, specially towards inner grooves, stylus should be still OK...