or Connect

Posts by analogsurviver

Sorry guys, did not know that. For how long do(es) the SB version(s) hold their charge for the proper operation if there is no audio played for a while ? I've found the schematics for the SRD-6SB :  
No AC cable on this SRD 6SB ?
Nope - please read again. SRD-6 has AC power supply. SRD-6SB has no AC supply - and batteries inside. http://www.stax.co.jp/Pdf/OLD/SRD6SB.pdf It is true that RC constants of ES drivers are long - but not long enough to be capable of somehow bleeding the required polarizing voltage off the audio signal and hope for a full charge after a prolonged "next to silence" in say classical music. It is either electret (permanently polarized) or AC or DC ( Self Biasing in Stax'...
It was only Stax that produced SB transformers - even for speakers ( I wouldn't like to see the bill for battery replacement - some 3 thousand button cells per chanell ).This is if we are talking about true electrostatics, which require polarizing voltage to be supplied by the power supply. If it is electret, which means permanently charged, then you do not need any power supply. Schematics for the two can be completely equal ( if electret is also push-pull design ), the...
No idea. But back in the day, I was an early adopter of Win7 - and it sucked in audio compared to the XP big time. It took 7 some year, maybe even 2, to match what the XP could sound.  I have read that 10 is about the best thing for audio for windows since sliced bread - but in things computer and music, I prefer to keep it conservative. It would take one hell of persuasions for me to even consider 10.
It all depends on RC time constants.  SB (self biasing ) transformers contain LOTS of batteries in series ( till you get to that 580 V for Pro models - do the math...) - and therefore their bias supply is the most stable of them all - veeeeeeeery slowly this voltage is dropping due more to the self-discharge of batteries than anything else - even real world capacitors like headphone electrostatic drivers, have next to infinity resistance and therefore next to no drain. RC...
There will be no tips sold specifically for the Stax on ebay - or else. The candidates are LARGE tips with large bore that are veeery streeeetchy and do not burst at attempting to place them on the oval nozzle os baby Stax. That rules out anything that has "strenghtening member" around the nozzle - and even then, the material must be soft and very stretchy. My tips were dirt cheap, bought because of large bore needed for other normal dynamic IEMs, and I figured how to...
Check ebay. I did get  the ones that can be fitted, seal well and are COMFORTABLE. They eventually sold out, if I fond them again, I will let you know. IIRC, I did post the link quite some time ago here - but could be mistaken ?
Adele is perhaps the worst sounding of any mainstream recording artist - on recordings available, that is. Hope live shows are better sounding.
It's still the man - and not the machine. The technology got so advanced it allows for abusing the natural sound beyond recognition - and loudness wars make ever more absurd demands on the mastering engineers. It takes one holla lotta cojones to stand up against such demands by the producers, even artist themselves sometimes. With the proliferation of the equipment say 1/5th the quality of the likes of Mojo + decenr headphones en mase, it will gradually change the general...