Posts by analogsurviver

@Baycode : thank you, that was Way Above And Beyond The Call Of Duty . Senn  double flanges will get ordered ASAP.   I went into a search mode for tips as shallow as possible - and found on DX/Tinydeal/Focalprice/ETC this tip is rather...
W     O      W  !   !   ! 
Sure I remember who the original overdub "sinner" was .  No problem, if and when I stumble upon something interesting in music, I gladly share .
@Baycode : Since I obviously decided to get the tips that will yield the best from the Havi B3, please comment how do the tips from http://www.dx.com/p/jtx-3-5mm-in-ear-earphone-w-microphone-volume-control-for-nokia-n95-n76-n81-more-black-240595#.U71isvl_t0a perform on Havi B3 (Old Version). In Chinese thread you mentioned them as being tried on Havi B3 ( II, new?) and Penon IEM - impressions/comparisons ? 
I am actually in principle against overdubbing and mixing of even far lesser proportions than used to make this track possible - but decided to turn blind eye due to overall music merit. And as far as Tommy Emmanuel is "the one and only" - so is the recording engineer Franko Russo , in this case helped by Stefano Arciero. To illustrate what I mean: 
Although the OP's original post does hint at the possibilities of binaural, that recording leaves much to be desired.    Here two of the better binaurally recorded videos on YT :    
Update after only < 1 day : what you say unfortunately proved true. On third insertion, I no longer could achieve anything like satisfactory seal.
Thank you ! I will get the exact measurements once my calipers resurface - in my own post-nuclear bunker. The ratios are easy to decipher from the clear photos. Need is the mother of all innovation - and about an hour or so ago I mounted the comply/foam tips that also came with Havi - ALL the way as it would go. It IS a tight fit indeed ( I suggest stretching the inner tube of the "Comply" overnight on some pencil or drill bit of just slightly bigger diameter than the...
Your answer only goes to prove : ".... careful what you wish for, for it might come true...!"  Those less edgy midhighs are my prime goal - and your confirmation that spirals indeed provide those is yet another  "sorry for your wallet" moments.  As you have both the large and madium spirals - can you please measure them, both diameter and overall height ?  Your double flanges experience roughly describes mine as well. Regarding tips originally provided with my Havi - I...