Posts by analogsurviver

"Collateral Damage #XY.0xZ" - while an acquaintance steered me towards the Tascam DA-3000 DSD recorder (damn - it looks like it will HAVE to be my next purchase - simply too much going for it ...), I eventually landed to the DSD thread on What Is Best forum :    http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showthread.php?11944-DSD-Battle-Royale!   and the member Bruce B has posted DSD64  and PCM 192/24 complete album samples of quite interesting music for free, some recordings that...
Record/(mat)/platter interface is THE #1 requirement in analog record reproduction. It is an area really poorly understood, and that is because people just do not realize how SMALL vibration is actually happening during the process.  The maximum amplitude of the cutting is approximately 120 micrometers. That is VERY rarely encountered in practice; even the 90 micrometer levels are extremely rare in anything but top recordings. Most commercial releases are limited to about...
Careful what you wish for - it *might* come true :  
Hard to say - it became my go-to-everything headphone, so it is receiving at least 5 hours active listening a day. Safe bet would be 300 + . At the moment listening to the famous FM station Radio Študent - their transmitter is approx 7 km from my home, so it is pure analog FM - sometimes the lack of money to "updowngrade" to digital is an audiophile's godsend. Every now and then, they air superb Koncert Radia Študent ( Concert of Radio Student , concerts live direct from...
This is a nice attempt to solve the record/mat/platter inteface - with 1210 in stock form, I can even believe it actually resulted in sound as described. How this can help at very far from flat records is something beyond my comprehension - it should make warped records even worse.
Early bird catches the worm ... I am REALLY interested how this particular "bird" will look like in say 10 years:  
Answer to the original question - Havi B3 ( Pro,  Original Old Version ). Providing B6 is B3 with a bit more bass, a bit smoother treble and being less power hungry while retaining all the other virtues of B3 - THAT would be awesome.
Oh - I wish I never saw this. For me, it is the final and decisive nail in the coffin with Technics inscription on it.   I DO understand that manufacturers have to make ends meet, that they are in buiness because of business and not because of proving the right cause .   Technics did , more than anyone else, push the limit of the possible. If anyone of you harbour the notion of Technics being "an inferiour Japanese brand producing mass consumption plastic junk" - think...
While typing above reply, listening to the Real McCoy ( LP ) and at the same time monitoring its DSD recording at 5.6 MHz ( trough the B3, of course ) - with one of the top 5 ( according to me, top 3 ) phono cartridges ever made : Audio Technica AT ML180 OCC . as it can be seen here :  http://www.discogs.com/Various-Garfield-Am-I-Cool-Or-What/release/1714250 it is the last track on B side, meaning it can reveal any inner groove distortion related problems. Eminent...
I can fully sympathize with your initial, unedited  response -  . I seriously hope you can get a buyer - or else the claim that Turks are the most badass audiophiles on the planet *somehow* does not live to its reputation ...  ... happy listening