Posts by analogsurviver

I think it has to be said, once and for all.   Headphones, ANY variety except true earspeakers  ( Jecklin Float, AKG K 1000 - and some that followed suit ), are very dependable on fit . By  FAR the worst in this regard are IEMs - that poor tips have to interface the headphone proper to the enormously variable size/shape of each and every person's ear canal. In IEM, good seal is mandatory for correct frequency response, particularly in the bass, where seal (or lack of...
I would like to thank Baycode for great review and tip rolling post.   In next few days I will describe my now about one month with the B3 Pro ( Original Version) bought from bigbargainsonline/Penon. It was NOT so smooth sailing as hoped for at first - but things did turn out well.
I've read that review and all but forgot about it. Reviews are double edged sword - always have been.  Reviews are at the most comfortable at describing something that has proven itself over time - and its subsequent  incremental improvements. When faced with bold new venture in uncharted land, reviews ( and people writing them ) are confronted with all kinds of prejudices, feel of uneasiness of having zero backing on the words put in (real or cyber) ink , etc. Most of the...
WTA is anything but " fire & forget " device. It is at the mercy of the monofilament (s) - and as the side that does allow for antiskating adjustment uses more/longer monofilament, it also stretches/sags proportionally more. So, if you do not play your TT for say a month, at least the azimuth WILL be changed - and off - making regular check ups unescapable.  Current crop of the WTA has finally come of age - original was a highly resonant structure, regardless what...
Streeeeeetchy - depends how knoledgeable and resourcful and patient he/she is. Have to run - recording - will elaborate over weekend.
True. BUT - in order for the new clean well mastered LPs not to join the ranks of beat up old LPs preamaturely, equipment has to be of high enough quality. It can never be too high - but it does not make much sense grinding say $ 40 new LPs on comparatively priced cartridges either.  That might seem harsh to a newbie. I have been there - and although people seldom learn on other than their own mistakes , you can trust me on this one.
Only 20 kg - piece of ( or, on second thought - NOT ) cake in my case, I am afraid...
Liszt's orchestral music is really a "main course" -  not an appetizer or dessert.  Similar can be said of his choral works  http://www.talkclassical.com/17253-liszt-choral-works.html Ferenc Liszt's non piano oeuvre is very well represented on Hungaroton vinyl : just the current listings  http://www.ebay.com/sch/sis.html?_nkw=SLPX%2011604%20HUNGAROTON%20LISZT%20CHORAL%20WORKS%20VOL%20IV&_itemId=360614089881
*IF* I was forced to decide on one recording on the desert island devoid of dessert , and at the moment of decision some piano would be playing in my head,  it would "beyond the shadow of a doubt" have been CBS 61874 http://www.discogs.com/Daniel-Varsano-Satie-Oeuvres-Pour-Piano/release/1823761 I first heard it when it was new in 1979, borrowed from the Centre Culturel "Charles Nodier"  in my hometown - and it sparked a lasting interest in Satie as a composer as well as...
  This made my "Good Morning" today - via Facebook.