Posts by analogsurviver

Haitink Concertgebouw : I have it on the original LPs, in dire straits you can settle for   www.amazon.com/Debussy-Orchestral-Music-Claude/dp/B00000417P
 I thought you managed to take a photo of the cartridge suspension/arm mass resonance :    https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=3ZN7J8l6Q64
I am not that familiar with Goldring carts, but reliable they ain't. My experience - or bad luck. Try to see if you are not experiencing some sort of ground loop. Fairly low possibility, as cart is plastic - but just  in case... Virtuoso Woody is a great cart - it is an OEM for CA by Audio Technica, wooden body, etc.
A fitting comment on the difference between the DSD128 master and YT version : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKm5xQyD2vE&list=PLZs0gQed9tMRIHjxkkBZ3qRVLb-8eH6iJ It happens it is one of my technically best recordings - and the only one for which I am authorized to use selected excerpts - in native DSD128. For a year or so by now. This is due to the fact that string playing was unfortunately not at the level which could allow for issuing the live recording on the CD . It...
Sorry - I overlooked that photo a day or two ago; otherwise I would have replied sooner.   Have good time spinin' vynil !
The one with the round dot symbol is for conical/spherical styli (usually requiring less antiskating ). The one with the elipsoid shape is for the elliptical styli (usually requiring more antiskating). AT 51S cart has a conical stylus .
You, together with the rest of the co-thinkers, are in for a very rude awakening. There is absolutely no imagination required once a really decent audio is heard. Or why then CD will no longer be enough. Only then don't start asking what you can do to improve your systems. Then it will be my turn to laugh.
Nope.  If all of you EVER listened to this preamp, ever seen the schematics, ever seen the description, ever seen the objective measurements of anything even approaching this level of quality - and tried to at least try to bring the rest of the system *reasonably* close - only then would you realize what is behind such designs. It makes me puke to see comments on AGI on various forums - where milk teeth audiophiles, born heavily ACD (after CD) , after stumbling upon the...
Wrong.  I have posted a Japanese link - which although with some funny translations, correctly lists the specs/capabilities of this unique preamplifier. http://audio-database.com/AGI/amp/model511-e.html I will upload one day ( when I decide to scan my library of audio stuff ) the original brochure for the 511. Its phono basically works as a two way (loudspeaker) crossover - the low audio stuff ( still past 100 kHz RIAA equalized response ) , above that to at least 90 MHz (...
There is more than just DA - all explained in the Jung and Marsh article, together with methods and test circuits to measure the imperfections in capacitors.   I have "lumped" all these into "memory" - as to one cause or another, capacitors do not discharge entirely and in infinitely short period - there is always residue of charge that in theory assuming a perfect capacitor should not have been the case.  Practice is different. As are real world capacitors and their...