or Connect

Posts by analogsurviver

Correct. I merely posted it as "interesting" pics - one would need one hell of a lot more carbon fibre (thickness...) to make TT from. 
C'mon - you'll have to test some batteries; this goes sooo far the rep of some MC preamp manufacturer laughed when I complained that the design they sell is noisy - AFTER hearing which batteries I have been using with it. OK - the good batteries may have been plentiful where he was coming from, I had to pay trough the nose for them over here - or "enjoy" the noise of more locally available brands...
I agree.  Running around with (say) Sennheiser ie800 driven from an Astel & Kern 240 pumping DSD  into your ears can mean more than provoking trouble in some places ... I can not afford that kind of money for work - let alone leisure...
Yes, that is the main complaint against the MP3 - or the bottom line . Regardless how it is "specified" in scientific terms. I do not find listening to music on public transport in high quality reasonable or justified. Simply, too much noise etc to warrant anything above CD redbook - most likely even well below that quality. At quiet of the home, it is another story.  Our country is too small for the Spotify to consider it - so, no experience on that front either.
While browsing ebay, I stumbled upon this prototype in auction today for couple more hours:   http://www.ebay.de/itm/High-End-Design-Prototyp-Plattenspieler-auf-Pro-Ject-Debut-III-Basis/331574378373?_trksid=p2047675.c100011.m1850&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20140107083420%26meid%3D9398bc715d41444c8ef5c224926dd156%26pid%3D100011%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D10%26mehot%3Dpp%26sd%3D161728985897        
Careful what you wish for - it MAY come true... Seriously, I plan to bore you to death with ABXing the samples - but this very moment, I am authoring ( deadlines...) CDs of recent recordings. I am stuck with preparations for the - mostly unplanned - recordings for the second part of this month - when there is usually no action. I FAR prefer complaining about too much work - than none at all.
For some reason, I did not see my post #451 - it was the"post that went missed". @ StanD - BTW - although I do love dogs, I am definitely more likely to visit cat-fi http://www.head-fi.org/t/462560/cat-fi/585#post_11623757 thread than dog-fi thread.  
Damn - I wrote an answer, forgot to press "submit"  - and unintentionally closed that window... - will repeat tomorrow.
I simply wanted to stress the point that battery manufacturers are not particularly forthcoming with the noise characteristics of their products. As noted in the IEEE link provided a few posts above, it has not been a theme for a LONG period - only when extremely low noise applications are required, there were tests of battery noise against the best PSUs.  I can remember a few AA NiMHs ( Korg MR-1000 recorder uses 8 of these in series ) having tendency to "farting" - out...
Of course it can be done. Now go check ANY battery manufacturer's specs - and see if the noise plot is included ... After finding batteries that do not noise in my applications, I kind of called it quits. Can't test (courtesy of my wallet ) each and every battery on the planet...