Posts by analogsurviver

OK, consider yourself lucky as you were obviously blessed with whatever Dual Steuerpimpel you were stuck with, it was still working as it should have. Just Google this "pimpel" - it governs the overall performance od the Dual automatics and without its PRECISE action one is basically stuck where the  sun never shines... Regarding the sound quality of the recordings themselves, and vinyl mastering ( VERY different thing than mastering as we know it in the digital age ), I...
With MF involved, performance is unavoidable. I hope information was decently thorough. Hi end camera etc to allow the students to see the stylus from their classroom seats i$$$ the only problem... No need to imagine stylus tip 5 feet high - I am accustomed to look to normal TV screen size monitors for stylus orientation, VTA, etc - from Benz Micro Switzerland, where I used to work . 20" or so diagonal monitor(s) with lines for each degree of VTA for checking each and...
Smetana is underapreciated in non Slavic speaking world due to the language barrier - but his choruses are great.That at least some of the above may well not be true, is examplified by the fact that my copy of it was obtained from the States roughly 20 years ago - on LP pressed under the licence from Supraphon in the USA, prior to the availability of the current CD ( released in 1966 ):  http://www.supraphon.com/en/catalogue/on-line-database/detail/?idtitulu=1733
I watched his DVDs on the subject. Nothing new to me.
Bruckner is something I still wish and have to digest; I have heard great many good things abot Celibidache : It is 10 years since I am no longer in CD retail, but I remember selling quite a few of the whole EMI sets. Celibidache's tempi are slow, much slower than  on average; yet it usually holds together surprisingly well. Here some more thoughts on the performances and some technical difficulties with CDs experienced that now seem to be fixed...
+1.
I used my Asus 1005HA netbook - it is not enough for the "normal" phones, let alone B3 Pro 1. Dynamics, and above bass, takes a "hit too far" . Think of a fashion model, anorexic enough for your first thought after seeing her, is to be getting her some/any food ...  Quite some phones are "power plants" compared to 1005HA netbook - so it MIGHT be possible .
Well, I am old school - and dap ( Digital Audio Player ? ) does not score high on my Richter Scale. Havi B3 are good enough to use even with the best of analog sources. No idea what DX90 might be - but I would consider getting http://www.head-fi.org/t/683406/ifi-audio-nano-idsd-announced + a smartphone capable of using it with DSD recordings. DSD enhances the already extraordinarily good soundstage of B3 even further.
It is a !"#$%&/()=?* ( a curse more juicy than anything possible in English ) to get it right. It has to be completely disassembled, cleaned and reassembled with the proper care to eliminate all the leaks possible - which is Mission ( Next to ) Impossible. The two valves can not be interchanged, you have to work with extreme caution - damage any rubber seal or part(s) in the valve(s) proper - game over.  I will be uploading the manual and "service manual cross-section...
Stylus = Needle - and it is replaceable. True that stylus is cheaper than entire cartridge - but that can mean cartridge can become next to worthless if there are no replacement styli left. Ortofon stopped production of these styli ages ago and supply is now definitely limited. Some claim the M20E Super to be the best Ortofon - ever. In the right arm ( low effective mass, good bearings, etc = Dual quality and up ) and into the proper electrical load, it can sound amazing....