Posts by analogsurviver

Yes, I do. It is connected with properly presenting the things. This TT , all its pros and cons, how to remove most, if not all of its cons, will be presented with pics, videos, measurements, audio - you name it - better than anything that went on before. It would be almost as good as being next to me and watching me doing it. I had to gather the hardware and software to be able to do so, in itself quite an undertaking. Now, with most of required in place, I hope to have...
Not a great picture, but a great auction for a sleeper TT :   http://www.ebay.com/itm/141714019907?rmvSB=true   These Onkyo models  (in the order of desirability from lowest to highest: CP-1055F. CP-1057F, CP-1055F II ) can be turned into a very very good performing tables. Not too easy to do, not totally without expense - yet one hell of a lot more value than say Tecnics SL-1200. Its greater limitation : accepts only very shallow cartridges, as it does not have arm...
Agreed. One thing is for sure - if it is in good condition, it will not ruin your records. For everything else, a nice comparison with 8 more expensive options :  http://www.analogplanet.com/content/nine-cartridges-compared-reviewed-and-voting-results#qMsGogqZpdbftJ3A.97 Based on the above review, the most sen$ible solution would be to get the stylus for AT-95SA that fits your existing AT-95E cartridge :http://www.lpgear.com/product/LPGATN95SA.html but ONLY if AT-LP120 TT...
I am not sure but I think the stock cart is an AT-95. I am not sure if Shure M97xe would really be an upgrade - their tolerances and QC have been slipping ever after the discontinuation of V15VxMR. Particularly the channel separation took a massive hit, forcing Shure to admit it in their specs ... I really did not fancy the sound of the last sample that went trough my hands - in the beginning, M97xe was a fair cut below V15, but still fine cart.  I would suggest an AT-120e...
Not if you adjust it correctly. Which cartridge/stylus is it currently fitted with ?
Yes, most of those pics are like a good friend not seen for ages. Thanks ! I am signing OFF; the windjammers for mics for tomorrow's big push have been delayed in the mail, and I will have to work overnight - if required. Will be back Sunday - after I get some sleep and rest. This will be no ordinary run of the mill recording ...
No, memory from well before the internet age - good ol' audio press. But I will try to excavate some - given time.
TBH - that is about the same as trying to cram a crash course on women.  One at a time ... - and it takes time. Classics can be - and usually is - a lifelong journey, where path is more interesting than the final destination - if there were such a thing in music. What is one's persons' music to  his/hersears, can be another's poison - and vice versa. It is totally unlike "which browser runs best on OS such and such" type of question - no single answer that would satisfy...
TBH - no.
Anything that is miked with minimalist microphone techniques - just as I would suggest for the electrostatics. This is the end of my posts on HE-1Ks in Best classical ... - for that, there are other threads dedicated to this topic.