or Connect

Posts by analogsurviver

I do agree it is a bit far fetched test - but invalid - no. There is an interesting design even having its own thread  http://www.head-fi.org/t/466253/olive-oil-injected-rca-cable  I have one variation on it ( liquid within is clear - whatever it is ) , looong time overdue to return to its rightful owner. The liquid serves two purposes - first is to have a good electrical properties (dialectric - oil capacitors ) and the liquid damps any mechanical resonancesces...
Yes, the better equipment will ALWAYS be first noticeable at low levels, in quiet parts of the music. But that difference can only be appreciated with a good recording and good equipment. Everything has to be at the approximately the same level. If you can, try to audition Beveridge electrostatic speaker. Although not capable of the SPLs ultimately required, it can play with by far the most believable dynamic range within its limits of SPL. It is also the speaker with the...
Sorry, this is getting ridiculous . So far, I did not respond to your infantile attempts at insults - but I may reconsider.
So do you...
Penderecki... particularly WOODEN bells - http://www.jstor.org/discover/10.2307/741312?uid=3739008&uid=2&uid=4&sid=21106304067601
Test records and an oscilloscope. Anything else is guesswork.
Wait with giving prizes about patience - till I post the series regarding cartridge setup ... Your advice is in principle a good one; trouble is, the cartridge can be skewed a bit either way from the oimaginary "screw heads plane ".  Second/third thing - it would only work with a geometrically perfect cartridge. That is to say less than 1% of any given production .
That is exactly as it SHOULD be. I did not enjoy the fact that one cable still bearing the same designation since about two years "misteriously" turned from dead silent into microphonic. This is how I accidentally stumbled upon this discovery - most unpleasent. You have very high end cables compared to mine - mine are about half the cost ( if the cost is given per metre for stereo connection, unterminated ). P.S: You have to tap on the UNTERMINATED CABLE - not on something...
Yes. But it is usually long enough. Usually it is a single blow by the tympani or drum in the finale. Electrostatics can support their maximum output indefinitely long. If only they could support larger SPLs and be more manageable load electrically...
You welcome ! I only would like to ask you to spell my - intentionally "misspelled" name - for a reason -  correctly : analogsurviver . No, I do not have any direct experience with Kevin Gilmore amps - only can assume their raison d'etre must be improvement on the performance obtainable from Stax.I did check some of the schematics ages ago and yes, should be better. No point for me to go checking up the impressions on the web and then wrapping them up as my own. I am going...