Posts by analogsurviver

I too like chicks smiling - better than spitfires - it just is not in the context of the song. I guess 1 second of Peltor Optime III on your head would give you all the answers you need - it isolates much better than any closed headphone; add to that isolation of IEMs - and we are talking 50-80 dB attenuation, depending on frequency. This much isolation allows for monitoring at as close as possible to the real SPL level.Otherwise, you have to turn the level in whatever...
You just can't. But it is helpful for each person to determine what he/she can hear with the equipment at hand and his/hers hearing. After the results will be revealed, it may well help people to decide to upgrade to the gear supporting better resolution. We are lucky - never before has been ( near to ) cutting edge technology so affordable : http://www.head-fi.org/t/683406/ifi-audio-nano-idsd-announced There are of course better sounding devices - adding a couple of...
Actually, that smiling is annoying and out of place within chosen genre of music - metal. I would have much preferred  her as "spitfire" in some dark leather & stuff like that, followed by the outro as in this video - showing she also has talent for acting. But, one step at a time. Second thing - not gonna happen. Whatever IEMs I am using during monitoring live concerts in the same acoustical space with performers, I use them UNDER    Peltor Optime III  ( the passive...
 ... - if you EVER monitored real music off some really good recording on an oscilloscope ( comparing the input to the power amp with its output  )  , you would quickly learn you can (almost - except with super efficient speakers ) NEVER have enough, let alone too much power. Whether the speakers can use it to convert to sound without selfdestructing is yet another matter ... The peaks that are short enough in duration for humans not to be able to discern them as...
Just google her - incredible and VERY inspiring story . She is about to make it - if not there already. And deservedly so....
Maybe - but after finding "something" that would finally work, I am tempted to get (a) spare set(s) - for me an IEM is a tool I depend on for making good recordings, not a hobby device for pleasure listening ( but I certainly do not mind using it in such a way ). It is one of the worst nightmares to have to change monitor speakers or IEMs in the middle of any project - if you are familiar with a certain model and master its use, it does not matter much if something else is...
Baycode "again" I agree with you  Imaging of Havi is outstanding for an IEM - yet it is nothing compared to Havi + crossfeed of one sort or another. Then it really shines at imaging ( which is nothing else than "proof" that it does everything else also at least good ). Then it achieves the Minimundus status - but it is not 1:25 scale as the real Minimundus, it is more something like 1:3 compared to the AKG K 1000, the undisputed king of soundstage. I joined head.fi in hope...
Jazz is not dead. It just smells funny... Frank Zappa   Some funny side of Frank Zappa : http://www.jazz.com/dozens/the-dozens-the-jazzy-side-of-frank-zappa   My favourite is Blessed Relief .
BTW - I am wearing mine cable down ...
Mine have logged well in excess of 200 hours by now - and the changes, if any, are now minimal. The only "normal" thing I will be pairing (in forseeable future)  with any "normal electrical requirement" IEM or headphone will beifi audio nano DSD DAC. If the lack of crosfeed will be missed too much - back to Meier DIY amp with crossfeed. Here a track that Havi B3 Pro (Original Version) CAN play after proper burn in ( provided that source is up to snuff). Out of the box -...