Posts by analogsurviver

Sorry to hear about your friend - but merely mentioning to have known Vestigal in its prime will ruthlessly reveal one's age - and all that comes with it. Not everyone was introduced to Vestigal in their teens - as I had the privilege. Well, I did write it is my lifelong love/hate   affair - didn't I ? It is fiddly to the max and requires patience hors categorie with expertise being gained along the way. It is so fragile that you can upset the azimuth adjustment by merely...
I am an admirer of better Ortofon cartridges - regardless of price - and will say if some are underachievers ( MC 7500 was something I was most disapointed by so far ). I realize it is quite easy to mis-spell the miss-spelled name for native English speakers. I will write it all down in a manifest - there really are multitude of reasons for that e. Inspired, among other things, by Transcriptors Vestigal (  the correct name : not correctly in English : vestigial ) tonearm...
2M is important enough to warrant such representation - and it meant only "picking off the YT shelf" effort for me - real thanks should go to the author of the videos. As it is actually analogsurviver, I feel compelled to write the Analogsurviver Manifesto - this time it will be posted in my profile. That E is there for the + reason(s) .
Your reasoning is *about* correct. I have not compared them under the microscope, I actually NEVER listened to any 2M under anything like known system conditions. I did not measure any 2M either - yet.  That *about* is based on THE VERY SOUND reason - mechanical integrity and freedom from resonances in cartridge/stylus combination. OM series evolved from the LM series - and got the "Super" with the introduction of the Ortofon's patented slit pole pieces.  Being lazy, I...
Blue is nude elliptical, Bronze nude fine Line and Black nude Shibata. Bronze should be appreciably better than elliptical, the diff from Bronze to Black should be comparatively smaller increase in quality. There is another aspect - 2M series, although interchangeable across entire line ( you can use whatever 2M stylus with whatever 2M body ), there are differences in bodies.Red/Blue share less sophisticated body, Bronze/Black feature top level.   There is even a silver...
+1.
In plain English - top of the line ADC stylus, the almighty and by now next-to-impossible to get Astrion. The ultimate stylus for the style of ADC cartridge in your possession.   Can turn your vision red(ish) upon finding by how much - yet again for n-th time - has the price risen since the last known sale was made and another even more rarer has turned up for grabs ... Still worth every dime, though. 
This is turning into   How low can you go  competition in finding the best price for a functioning TT with usable stylus & GND cable - LOL ! Enjoy your new addition . On the other side of the ADC rainbow - that transparent stylus is sublime ... - wish I did not have it as a passing guest only !
Glad that it worked out! I was out of country recording and only had time to heck headfi now. Although low cost, that replica ADC stylus is not bad at all. 
Tough one. Try http://www.transcriptors.eu/ - they still carry all the parts for their original design ( Michell used to produce Prisma under licence and was subcontractor for Transcriptrors prior to their own machining plant/shop ). Caution - there is a fair amount of reports people sending in turntables for refurb and/or money for parts resulting in slow action or nothing at all - as well as satisfied customers. You could also try Michell or Transrotor in Germany ( they...