Posts by analogsurviver

Just as a reminder to think about purchases we make - I tried to "probe/provoke" on the Chinese thread regarding IEMs on DX - and got clear message to stay away from DX - fakes & all that jazz. . Wonder if good/profitable items that almost always are sold out on DX and similar places that turn later on ebay and Amazon have *something* in common...
% of commision on ebay is the same - *guess* which kind of seller is conviniently more welcome ...
Any kind of recorder connected to that tuna  ?
I got curious and checked the Topping NX1 - looks put together with quite decent parts. I remember seeing it mentioned over a year ago - at one hell of a lot different price. Further "improved" here - just a single example, there are more: http://www.ebay.de/itm/Topping-NX1-Headphone-Amplifier-Kopfhorerverstarker-Verstarker-ca-0-Distortion-/151246571742?pt=DE_Elektronik_Computer_TV_Video_Elektronik_Verst%C3%A4rker&hash=item2336ff88de
Nice to hear that decent budget solutions for powering B3 exist  .
Everything is relative : I have spent last day or so searching for DSD256 "anything" - specially for the recorder.  So far, only Merging Horus seems to be available :http://www.emerginguk.com/?portfolio=horusIf I *ever* hope to scrape together that kind of money for a recorder, I can not trifle money on amps, etc - can I ? Here, the old saying about post (prices)  holds more than true: Take care of the ounces, pounds will take care of themselves ! As for the Havi B3 Pro...
MR78 is one of the few exception$$$$$$ - one of the best tuners ever; but I have yet to  have the pleasure to audition it. These mods are highly regarded - in case MR78 in stock form is not "enough"  http://www.audioclassics.com/mods.php3 We have a saying here : Almost never catches a rabbit. I also have Pioneer TX-9500 II tuner, which is probably (?) comparable to the one in SX-1980 - correct me if I am wrong, did not go comparing specs for the two. Not bad at all - save...
I agree finding a budget amp capable of powering B3 properly is needed. There is a fly in this ointment - B3 is too good/revealing for anything costing say $50 (short of a piece of wire ).  Funny thing is that B3 Old Version is getting ever slightly bassier with time - I do no longer use bass boost if driven from a "flat" "normal" powerful enough source.Over this weekend, I monitored organ "review" of young organ players, and without the use of crossfeed on Meier amp (...
I have seen SA-1000 once in one of our now defunct vintage stores - he/she/it is out of this world, after all these years it will make you utter that:  WOW .... ! For some reason, manufacturers chose to make the pis...ng match with high powered receivers. Back in the day, I *think* only Rotel had a comparable/even more powerful power amp.  Analog vs digital tuner - tough one. Depends what you are looking for. If it is sound quality from a relatively strong signal without...
Many, many full moons ago, when companies were trying to get the biggest share of the market trough demonstrating their technological expertise and build quality, such behemots as SA -1000 were possible. Problem - such designs were usually sold at loss - meaning they cost manufacturers more than the retail price. Or very close to that - in short, not commercially viable.Technics has units like SA-1000 - and plastick fantastick next-to-junk that hardly weighs anything....