Posts by analogsurviver

Baycode "again" I agree with you  Imaging of Havi is outstanding for an IEM - yet it is nothing compared to Havi + crossfeed of one sort or another. Then it really shines at imaging ( which is nothing else than "proof" that it does everything else also at least good ). Then it achieves the Minimundus status - but it is not 1:25 scale as the real Minimundus, it is more something like 1:3 compared to the AKG K 1000, the undisputed king of soundstage. I joined head.fi in hope...
Jazz is not dead. It just smells funny... Frank Zappa   Some funny side of Frank Zappa : http://www.jazz.com/dozens/the-dozens-the-jazzy-side-of-frank-zappa   My favourite is Blessed Relief .
BTW - I am wearing mine cable down ...
Mine have logged well in excess of 200 hours by now - and the changes, if any, are now minimal. The only "normal" thing I will be pairing (in forseeable future)  with any "normal electrical requirement" IEM or headphone will beifi audio nano DSD DAC. If the lack of crosfeed will be missed too much - back to Meier DIY amp with crossfeed. Here a track that Havi B3 Pro (Original Version) CAN play after proper burn in ( provided that source is up to snuff). Out of the box -...
Thank you for good wishes. I am more than just happy with this purchase - getting an IEM that can be used for monitoring live recordings requiring only bass correction without the need for the pesky EQ in the treble at reasonasble price is rare indeed. I *might* find bass adequate if used with a "straight" amplifier - the Meyer DIY amp with crossfeed engaged is itself bass light-ish and requires slight bass boost in order to be neutral again. But after the AKG K 1000 and...
I downloaded the files. Although I could upload the 96/24 files to my Korg recorder(s), I will wait till I purchase/get my ifi nano DSD DAC - so that any ABX (using Foobar 2000) can be also made, Korg does not allow for single person blind tests. I am MUCH more into 1 bit DSD than any PCM, but this should also be interesting for educational purposes. I have downloades practically all 2L free samples in anything equal to or better than 94/24, including the complete samples...
I did read your post and aprove it wholeheartedly - I just meant to underline people should be firstmost aware the tips have to work for THEM. How do they sound NOW ? AAARGHhhh !"#$%&/()=?* (!"#$%&/()=?* = about the most juicy cursing possible ).I just discovered that currently they are not in my possesion. It means:a ) I forgot them in a church when I was recording a live concert ( some 100 kg of equipment ...easy to miss 50         or so grammes of Havi case ) -...
I think it has to be said, once and for all.   Headphones, ANY variety except true earspeakers  ( Jecklin Float, AKG K 1000 - and some that followed suit ), are very dependable on fit . By  FAR the worst in this regard are IEMs - that poor tips have to interface the headphone proper to the enormously variable size/shape of each and every person's ear canal. In IEM, good seal is mandatory for correct frequency response, particularly in the bass, where seal (or lack of...
I would like to thank Baycode for great review and tip rolling post.   In next few days I will describe my now about one month with the B3 Pro ( Original Version) bought from bigbargainsonline/Penon. It was NOT so smooth sailing as hoped for at first - but things did turn out well.
I've read that review and all but forgot about it. Reviews are double edged sword - always have been.  Reviews are at the most comfortable at describing something that has proven itself over time - and its subsequent  incremental improvements. When faced with bold new venture in uncharted land, reviews ( and people writing them ) are confronted with all kinds of prejudices, feel of uneasiness of having zero backing on the words put in (real or cyber) ink , etc. Most of the...