Posts by analogsurviver

Having read so much about the Ety's and its pros & contras, but never experienced them, I began drifting towards the notion I will have to get trough it all with say Ety 4B, since I am recording quite a few binaural recordings.  Thanks to this post of yours, it seems that getting Ety 4B after Havi 3 Pro (Old Version ) would be a downgrade.Particularly the distortion bit; monitoring IEMs have got to have some headroom over IEMs that will be tasked "only" with playback; you...
Your description of the difference in sound between DJ and audiophile carts certainly does make sense - as you climb up the "corporate" ladder, you will learn to appreciate ever finer differences and gradually learn the audio jargon to describe them with words. But I like and value such "uneducated peasant" ( meant in a GOOD way ) testimonials - because they are unrehearsed and sincere, without reference and desire to be in compliance with opinions and reviews found in the...
+1.
If for any reason you have to decide Havi B3 Pro ( Original Version ) vs some more efficient IEM using a feeble source and no way of adding an amp ASAP - get the efficient one. Mind you, Havi will still probably wow you - but after hearing all it can do with appropriate associated equipment and comparing what of that remains with a feeble source, it is simply too much.   Reminds me of the Extrema Amator loudspeaker; relatively "inexpensive" loudspeaker say 20 or so years...
I find "assigning" gender/sex to things in English is an amusing business - like looking at an P51 Mustang WWII fighter and commenting: "... she is georgeus ...! "   OK, with RCA males and females one must be clear about - but I never thought a TT has to decide whether IT wants to be titled Ms or Mr. - LOL !     (And hopefully one does not come to idea to further categorize TTs as Ms, Miss etc - depending how many tonearm "partners" has that particular TT  changed in...
Nice pics ! And finally a Nagaoka cart. Not totally sure whether it is possible to mix "low end" Nagaoka cartridge body with "high end" stylus, but MP50 or its present day version MP500 are really nice carts.The best bang for the buck was MP11 Boron - sadly very rarely available for sale nowadays.
I hope to see the day I can say i've enjoyewd all 5 decades of Transcriptors Vestigal tonearm - still 1.3 decade to go...
Melodiya LPs are THE BEST recordings out there - provided they are played by the very best gear available.Vinyl they are pressed on "leaves something to desire" - to remain on the polite side.  However, if and when played by de facto and not only on paper superb equipment, the noise, ticks, pops and other unmentinables can be separated from at times truly superbly played and recorded music so well as to  pass unmentioned. The most expensive second hand vinyls you are...
Well, Deoxit is not THE cure for all.  What you describe is a component on the brink of its lifespan; can be capacitor (if you are lucky), can be an unobtainium semiconductor (if you ran out of luck). Can also be a bad solder joint - whatever it is, it is obviously termperature dependant, it works cold and after heated to (ab?)normal operating temperature, it causes the described trouble. Service guys use cooling sprays to isolate the culprit , available in electronic...
Generally agreed. For pulse response, you can compare Stax' own "small vs large" - SR1MK2 (Baby Stax ) vs any other Stax as measured by the innerfidelity - the Baby Stax does settle down quicker than its bigger siblings.There is quite a number of IEMs with equally or even more impressive results. Baby Stax is in fact capable of greater visceral-ness in the bass as compared to the Lambda Pro. It will reproduce large pipe organ bass better. Baby Stax is primarily limited by...