or Connect

Posts by analogsurviver

The noise of the battery is somewhat higher than that of the finest power supplies - it can be up to approx 6 dB.It is relevant in high gain low voltage input (pre)amplifiers - phono cartridge, microphone ( in that exact order - carts can have outputs as low as 0.04 mV/5cm/sec, which is 0 dB reference level on record - and the signal to noise at this minuscule voltage input  should be at least 60 dB). In theory at least - in practice, getting the isolation from the mains,...
It is *difficult* to get two phono cartridges equal in loudness by referencing their output at 1 kHz ( which is what I usually do ) - and cartridges are FAR more linear than headphones. Depending on the music ( which part of the frequency response is most represented ), it may well turn out that equalling levels at reference  1 kHz may work for some songs better than the others.  There is more to this than just frequency response; the one transducer that is more dynamic...
There IS an exception to this sad state of affairs people listening to the same headphones and each and every one reporting different results ( as it should be - due to the differences in ear size/pinna - as individual as a fingerprint - and with which each individual ear/brain system has learned to hear correctly ). The answer is called AKG K-1000.   anything else involving pads, tips etc is at least one step removed from the natural hearing - and will modify our hearing...
I barely get to use the Amazon - most of the time, they either do not ship to my country at all, in case of free shipping to most other locations, there is a shipping fee ; most others are accompanied by shipping fee that is a definite deal breaker.  Returns - R Y serious !?! But I do have Philips SHP-9500 headphones perched on my head as I type this - and this is my #1 reasonable purchase from Amazon !
Well, I guess that is the safest way ...
+1 for the Hunt EDA - and everything about getting one.
Pink noise definitely sounds "better/more natural" - if it contains frequencies below and above the 20-20 kHz range.   Experience - from test records HFS-75 http://www.discogs.com/No-Artist-Stereo-Test-Record/release/1160030   and HFS-81 http://www.discogs.com/No-Artist-Stereo-Test-Record/release/1034219   HFS-75 has MUCH broader frequency range than HFS-81 ( I will have to make a 192/24 recording of both to know exactly by how much, spectrum analyzer etc ) - and is...
Joining in for the possible European tour : (the demo in Munich was GREAT !!!)   Head-Fi Username : analogsurviver Location (City, Country) : Ljubljana Sentvid, Slovenia RHA Products Previously Used: none Source Gear : Korg MR-1, Korg MR-1000, Meier DIY Portable Amp w/crossfeed, ifi Audio iDSD nano, ifi Audio iDSD micro
Very simple. Get a good vintage table. But we've been trough that before - Malaysia is no USA or Germany as far as availability/choice - and shipping the table across the globe usually will be a deal breaker at this price point.