Posts by analogsurviver

That answer requires full Shimano AX story to be told. With pics of normal quill pedals with cage and strap, Look (alikes) - and the Dyna Drive. WITH MATCHING SHOES. Suffice to say; USA would have been one olympic gold in road cycling shorter if Alexi Grewal failed to somehow convience his sponsors ( he rode Pinarello, most probably fitted out with Campy )  to allow him to use the AX pedals and cranks that support them. It is the most energy efficient pedalling system in...
Nice. I only *wish* similar images could be taken at the time here:  On a slope where a friend has house, there was solid 6 cm (more than two inch ) thick sleet - no vehicle could go up there for days. Power was out troughout the country, the sole connection to the world being possible trough car battery connected charger for cell phone, etc, etc.  Now it is better, firemen removing the most dangerously damaged trees threatening the surrounding, etc - most definitely at...
It is (towards the ) TOTL from Sugino, Japan, from around mid 80s. I used to have BOTL Sugino in mid/late 70s.  At long last, after many years decades of search, I was finally able to purchase My Object Of Desire : The Shimano Dura Ace AX cranks for Dyna Drive system pedals in 172.5 mm lenght :   Note the offset "star" ... ... and the humonguos 1" threading for the Dyna Drive pedals. Obviously used, in "pristine" semi-dirty condition, original photos from the ebay...
Officially - no. But if you are "gross and perverted, obsessed and deranged" ( quote from Frank Zappa's song I'm the slime http://www.metrolyrics.com/im-the-slime-lyrics-frank-zappa.html )conditionally possible - PM me.
+1. I remember seeing this DAC chip in one of the mails from TI not that long ago, wishing at the time somebody will use it in something that does not cost an arm and a leg. Regardless how one feels regarding non fixed RCAs out , volume control, etc; there are numerous possibilities for potentiometers alone, some mentioned here http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=180948 ; some are priced above the ifi nano - and have yet to be built into a circuit of one sort...
Interesting. Direct Xiaomi vs Ibuygou should prove to be the same - in theory at least... I only wonder why Ibuygou was a $ or so less than Xiaomi direct ? Still in transit, so keep the fingers crossed ! Nice to see good Taobao agent. To me, Taobao still is unknown territory and thanks to your efforts, I might get a toe wet in reasonable future.
I do not think they are needed by most of the prospective users - as it is, it can serve as volume control/preamp, feeding the headphone/power amplifier directly. Anyone concerned by nano's volume control integrity might simply want to turn the volume fully up to the max and then run it into "something" with volume control, if that "something" has better volume control than nano. I am amazed how much they have been able to squeeze in so small volume box; adding an...
+1.
The best *accessory" for the LP12 ever - without likelihood being assigned serial # to boot. As a cat lover, I might suggest getting a bit larger footprint table - at least a SOTA sized "cushion for Ernie"  . On a more serious note - how do you like the Clavis DC, particularly its tonal balance? Quite a few earlier Lyras went trough my hands, but I still feel the # 0001, the original Clavis, to be the most well mannered of them all. I found Clavis DC a bit too bright at...
I am eager to hear your impression AFTER the "new toy syndrome" subsides. These Grovetracers look mighty tempting, also for DIY building the table from scratch. If the tolerances from spec sheets are indeed reality, it must be awewsome - probably only a good video could do platter(s) of  this precision true justice. Best ones are "optically perfect" - you can not see whether it is turning - or it is stationery. On the wrong side of the Pond, in my case at least - add...