Posts by analogsurviver

Before power up moments after a (major) repair or modification are anything but enjoyable. It is a mix of the most ambivalent feelings - combining in a tight knot, culminating when you hit the power switch. The most illustrative case I remember: in the late70s/early 80s, a friend then fellow student decided to build a then SOTA light show. Total cost of materials roughly 1000 German Marks ( about $ 500 ) - a humongous sum for a student back then, particularly in what used...
You should ask somebody who sucessfully did it before - maybe some places doing refurb will be willing to share some experience ?  The above menntioned concerns are real ones; but with ESL, it all boils down to the very sample at hand. If the thing works and hum etc can be removed by exchanging old capacitors etc, I would not proceed with dismantling the drivers themselves unless absolutely necessary. I have not been doing any work on Quad ESL speakers and can not speak...
Thanks - will look up for the options/suggestions after I famialarize myself with my PC - again. 02:30 here, and right now I am no longer able to see anything smaller than a Jumbo Jet...
Thank you for the reply. The real problem was that PC had to be de-hogged up. Registry clean/repair - after the PC started (again) working like it should have, I quickly came to the samesolution as you posted. Prior to registry fix, it did not matter in the slightest - it just would not work.  Now there are no more problems with cursor - no stuttering, whenever and wherfever I "click". I maxed out on buffering whenever possible, both in Jriver and foobar. How loud is the...
When trying to play DSD256 )the last file on the screen = I get the following message- 
Thank you for the quick answer. I am at the friend at the moment, trying the nano with his incomparable more powerful PC. Where is the command to play DSD natively in Jriver 19 WITHOUT DSP Studio - for the life, I can not find it. I did manage to get DXD though. Thank you for making me, as a non native english speakerr, google up hogged up meaning - http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=hogged%20up LMAO  ! Unhogging up in the process - please keep fingrers crossed!
Which colour LED should be displayed while reproducing DSD256 ?
I have used the following two foobar setup procedures ( first is the same as in your post ) http://www.exasound.com/Blog/tabid/74/articleType/ArticleView/articleId/61/Configuring-Foobar2000-for-ASIO-DSD-DXD-Playback-with-exaSound-DACs.aspx http://www.auralic.com/download/dsd_playback_setup.pdf They differ only in the device ASIO - for ifi nano iDSD, of course its ASIO . Please note the auralic setup is a bit dated for latest versions of JRiver and HQPlayer - but principle...
Changing ASI for DoP or vice versa may work to bring sound back.  Try the same method I described above : when DSD file seems to run oK but with no sound,  stop the playback, power down nano iDSD, phisically remove and re-insert the USB connectin, power nano iDSD back up. If after this procedure and no other changes made sound returns to normal, we share the same problem. Still searching for the solution.
It must be some computer problem - I know too little about to give any qualified opinion, but it can be USB, buffering, etc. Computer guys usually take sound as the last thing important, so get familiar with the software on your machine and learn to set it up right. It is highly unlikely you will get someone willing to watch over ocasional (mis)behaviour of the comp with hirez files - because finding just which little ommision in Windows or whatever is causing the problem...