Posts by analogsurviver

Yes. With DSD recording, whatever the storage medium, it has to support close to 100 MB/sec, but at the very least 90MB/sec in order for the recording to be glitch-free, without hanging, etc, etc - which are all no-no during the actual recording of a master. The advantage of storage without moving parts and susceptibility to vibration in portable recording is an obvious one. I am still struggling to get time to test if one card ( (Sandisk Extreme Pro 32 MB...
Really should not. I received a warning AGAINST using SDD - for any application that requires multiple writing/erasure/format of the card/disk. Solid state elements are still not fully reliable and the more you tax them, the likelihood of them to self destruct is greater. Leading to detrioration of the card at first, up to the total failure in the end. In the SSD case, burning-in could well mean burning-out - quite literally so. 
Nothing new in the West 
Decent downloads also offer liner notes .
One example of fast emerging model of downloadable files, exclusively in DSD, is nativedsd https://www.nativedsd.com/ It is an umbrella for everybody that does native dsd recordings - and I was given green light to join if/when/after authors and performing rights are legally correct. We'll see how it goes - in about half a year or so, when there will be enough material recorded for a normal length album - by each respective performer(s).
Agreed.  I keep forgetting that where I come from ( former Yugoslavia, now Slovenia ) there was, understandably, overabundance of Melodiya and Hungaroton ( add Supraphon, Eterna and Balkanton in ever decreasing percentage to this mix ). My first acquaintance with the music of George Crumb came fro this...
Also true.
No, it is NOT a win-win-win situation. Brilliant almost never makes its own recordings , but obtains the rights for less known but quality performers from less known labels - and offers at below Naxos price. On first look, this is a win-win for music collector - but in the long run, it can hurt, considerably so, recording of newer present cpomposers and/or musicians. If you are a bussinessman - what is easier/more profitable : 1. Reserching for new composers/works, finding...
Brilliant boxes just started to emerge at the time I quit the CD retail. Frankly, they forced me to carefully balance the ordering for the shop; I remember one instance with Schubert lieder, when one exact less performed lieder was desired. It was also on one or two top price CDs ( Philips/Deutsche/Decca/EMI ) - but the whole Brilliant box of complete Schubert Lieder was just marginally more expensive than a single top priced disc ! You can be 1000 % sure NOT to be able to...