Posts by analogsurviver

The same type of question as what was first : a chicken or an egg  ? I will cover this in my promised answer "How much minimum should a newbie invest in QUALITY analog setup? " And as I wrote, this is streeeeeeeeeee..............................................tchyyyyyyyyyy .Any you can not put a firm price tag on it - not really.
It does help ... just somehow can not see it used for KC 06 marketing LOL ! My B3 chose to fall on the floor in the church I recorded a concert in 9 days ago - as it is remote area of the church I usually "hide" with all of my equipment, and thar area is generally "off limits", the dark black clam havi case was left on the black marble strip, almost under a step, in a corner that even lighting can not reach - so it was still there. Stealth at its best ? Otherwise, I am...
Nice to see one of my favourite bands from my high school still going strong. This medicine might well prove to be too much for the emotionally unstable - although I cherish Peter Hamill's lyrics, there is far and between I actually listen to them.   
I have listened to a few - and agree it is difficult zo (z is NOT a mistake ...) discern any differences. It sounds like comopressed-to-death-digititis to me. Although 48/24 PCM is not anywhere near the end of the road, I sincerely doubt that playback of these files originally recorded is  48/24 PCM.  I run across the same problem during the SQ tests with direct streaming of concerts I provide audio for. What the end user n the other side of the mouse gets to hear is a...
Tufo is a direct continuation of now defunct Barum from also no longer existing Czechoslovakia. The famous Barum PBW ( Praga Berlin Warszava - after the famous race ).They have gone long way since then, and yes, they are top notch. They require higher pressure in order to have the same low rolling resistance as more conventional options - otherwise it is more or less bussines as usual. Smaller holes are repairable with their sealent - larger cuts are unfortunately end of...
In one of my previous lifes, I used to run tubulars. Like 30 years ago. If you have $ required, and I should have written $$$, tubulars do offer "a bit" more. They are also less demanding of the rims ( tubular does not present nearly that high stress on the rim as does clincher due to pressure etc ). Tubular is still lighter - if you "remotely" can be described as weight weenie. But clinchers have gone looong way since when I switched to them ( primarily because of lack...
Although I am more than just bitten by the audiophille bug, I do listen to "music" first, sound quality be damned. Just yesterday I remember going from one of the top phono cartridges ever to something incomparably more humble - because the original SQ and condition of the vinyl did really not warrant the use of that superb and by now next-to-unobtainium stylus.  I have 4 arm/cartridge combos on my main turntable and switching never takes more than say a minute. And damn...
You also can look at it this way. On average, I do listen to 2-3 complete LP albums a day. I listen to some albums much more than the others, that is for sure. I have maybe less than 5 albums I never listened to - because they were acquired in larger batches of LPs and are music I am really not interested in. And then there are LP albums that are almost worn out with repeated playing.  I have all but stopped acquring new albums, it has to be something really special if it...
Contrary to potential users of DSD and therefore storage systems of one kind or another, I am DSD regular and am recording my own masters. On average, it is a hair below 15 GB/session. Over 2TB of my own DSDs, most still made with Korg MR 1, therefore DSD64. If I were using MR 1000 from the start, that data would (almost) be doubled. I have some 2.5K LPs to digitize. I find DSD128 the first digital worthy enough to undertake it. Assume playing time of an average LP to be...
For anybody to seriously consider a music server primarily intended for high resolution files, capacity of 1TB and 2TB is hopelessly too small. It is like a Ferrari with a 5 gallon tank...