Posts by analogsurviver

Yes. Provided it is powered properly. That holds true for any acoustical music so far. Electronic music, particularly synthesizers , if and when backed up by competent PA system, may well exceed the capabilities of B3 in extreme lows at extreme levels. One group I remember having this kind of "capability" is Oregon:  The above video is for "identification of the band" purposes only - it does not do justice to the sound heard live at all; the guy who is in charge of the...
I would like to make one thing perfectly clear; what I am after is real concert levels - for everything. There is, or was/used to be very few rigs capable of lifelike dynamic range. Some female jazz singer plus accompaniemenz - no problem. Symphonic orchestra - if there are any tympani in the composition, most systems will be toast. Pipe organ at organo pleno - now this will definitely separate men from the boys. I try to monitor at the same level as live music - if I can...
Does it matter - I mean REALLY ? No idea about KEF M200 - but I guess most people will be intersted whether a can needs an amp or it can be driven off laptop/phone/etc. B3 needs good powerful amplification - and I can hardly imagine anything remotely intended as portable to need yet appreciably more power than B3.  Any decent amp should be capable of driving both. Most laptops, phones etc will not. But if anybody does have both M200 and B3, comments welcome. There are...
NOTHING like early morning listening sessions - if REALLY first thing in the morning.  
Sure - something like that, only in turntable context.  Seriously, what I meant was that in TTs, the freedom of the audiophile in choosing what to mate as a record player ( cart + arm + turntable = record player, NOT meant as a bellittle-ing of turntable, as generally in English language  - Turntable > Record Player; record player is more than just a turntable, the turntable in itself can not reproduce sound ) is WAY too great. And no one can deny that looks sell -...
Positioning is THE star quality of Havi. As a matter of fact, it is a proof that everything else is at the very least quite good. There is no good positioning without reasonably flat ( and matched between channels ) frequency response, low enough distortion right up to very high SPL, etc - the first thing to collapse is the soundstage. But please do take care that whatever tips you end up using work well for you. Recently, two musicians tried listening to the take(s) just...
Most PCs would end up sounding anemic with Havi B3. Gaming requires the sound of explosions and the like - you do not want some basdass bomb being turned into a firecraker, I suppose ...
A "friendly" guy - and unfortunately has his counterparts round the globe; but they are mostly too clever to post their "heroic" deeds ( at least 2 more wheels and 10 times the bulk/weight ) as videos on the internet for everyone to see. I do wonder how many (censored) cyclists found dead in the ditch by the road fell prey to such guys who feel they own the road and do not treat equal anybody but their own size - and do not stop at words only.  These lowlifes would "get...
I agree with you - GREAT post. The trouble is, I am not after primal thrill anymore - hardly possible at my age. Yesterday, for example, I was recording one of the best amateur choirs on the planet -and DSD128 master sounds soooooooo superiour to anything off vinyl http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvjKQzkRfTo that is is ludicrous. THAT is what it takes on the verge of primal thrill  for me these days - witnessing the choir I became almost a part of from day one, coming...
Back in the days of my CD retail, I always tried to find the sweet spot of any customer... - then hitting with "more of the same". The amount of LPs pictured above is - insane. Still, as many times as there are LPs in those pictures, more interesting than a psychiatrist .