or Connect

Posts by analogsurviver

I am not sure but I think the stock cart is an AT-95. I am not sure if Shure M97xe would really be an upgrade - their tolerances and QC have been slipping ever after the discontinuation of V15VxMR. Particularly the channel separation took a massive hit, forcing Shure to admit it in their specs ... I really did not fancy the sound of the last sample that went trough my hands - in the beginning, M97xe was a fair cut below V15, but still fine cart.  I would suggest an AT-120e...
Not if you adjust it correctly. Which cartridge/stylus is it currently fitted with ?
Yes, most of those pics are like a good friend not seen for ages. Thanks ! I am signing OFF; the windjammers for mics for tomorrow's big push have been delayed in the mail, and I will have to work overnight - if required. Will be back Sunday - after I get some sleep and rest. This will be no ordinary run of the mill recording ...
No, memory from well before the internet age - good ol' audio press. But I will try to excavate some - given time.
TBH - that is about the same as trying to cram a crash course on women.  One at a time ... - and it takes time. Classics can be - and usually is - a lifelong journey, where path is more interesting than the final destination - if there were such a thing in music. What is one's persons' music to  his/hersears, can be another's poison - and vice versa. It is totally unlike "which browser runs best on OS such and such" type of question - no single answer that would satisfy...
TBH - no.
Anything that is miked with minimalist microphone techniques - just as I would suggest for the electrostatics. This is the end of my posts on HE-1Ks in Best classical ... - for that, there are other threads dedicated to this topic.
In May, I did not hear aberrations you cited. I listened exclusively to my own master recordings ( had my modified Korg MR-1000 with a chock full HDD and used it for ALL but few listenings - that did not provide for anything that was not provided by the exhibitor - and these were mostly avoided ). My concerns about the reliability also mimic yours - only time can tell. Hope for the best !!!
Military would MUCH sooner use infra - rather than ultrasonic weapons.  Whales, who can actually produce SPLs in the range of 150 dB+, can communicate with extremely low frequencies over distances beyond 40.000 km - because the sound has to propagate trough the water, has to go "around" the continents ( and islands) - and because low frequencies sustain the minimum loss of SPL across the distance. Shoot me with an ultrasonic shooter - by raising a common book or similar...
Interesting - JVC of all people; who gave the world quadrophonic CD-4 analog record, which requires at least 45 kHz at "flat" response in order to read the carrier for demodulator - and who made one of the best phono cartridges ever - JVC X-1 .  Which is DAMN flat to 50 kHz and slightly beyond - and proved to be superior to "stereo only" carts on normal stereo material - among many others that followed suit. I regard JVC very highly - they did contribute immensely to...