Posts by analogsurviver

Make sure to hit the HD 720p button :  
It is all sorts of sellers - on ebay or otherwise. But the pattern, confirmed over time, is something like this : The condition and quality of packaging is INVERSELY proportional to the price paid. Seems illogical at first - but I have received items advertised in the auction as "almost better than new", with correspondingly high winning bid, with premium shipping paid for, in sometimes derelict condition, delivered by the cheapest possible unsigned for ( and therefore...
Good luck ! - with everything ...
Ortofon Kontrapunkt B.
Unfortunately I can not comment on more popular sources, but I am over the moon after today's binaural recording of baroque music concert.  I used my modified Korg MR-1 - and never enjoyed the trip on the bus home this much before. For all practical purposes ,  I never left that venue - and they never stopped playing.   Simply amazing, regardless of price - but for $ 60 or so, hard to swallow at all.   A friend who also ordered Havi, just received ifi audio nano iDSD...
Garrott P77 - yummy. I have a limited edition Kokaboora - unfortunately the stylus did not make to me in one piece .  I am "reving up" to purchase SAS1 from Jico for it - but there is always something yet more enticing on ebay's It Is Now Or Never We Are Sorry For Your Wallet soap opera... Sumiko Blue Point - on a next to eternal loan from a friend, used for about 5 or 6 hours - in a decade. Very precisely made cartridge with great channel separation  - but treble...
http://www.head-fi.org/t/719579/now-available-and-a-loaner-program
I will put it another way - Havi B3 is like a relationship with a partner REALLY worht saving trough any reasonable professional help one can afford and be comfortable with. Despite "current state of affairs" suggesting to run away/leave ASAP.  My initial response was similar. Bass out of the box is next to non existant - and you have to find tips that match the Havi to YOUR ears. Even if it is from another manufacturer - important is that it seals and is comfortable...
First, I never actually owned one. But I did get to set up quite a few. Like on a production line scale - at Empire in Switzerland, trying to bring it to a at least decent level. The best I heard any Revox sing was with an Ortofon VMS 20E MKII - which is one of the very good/best high compliance carts that actually can track at or below 1.2 grams - and this cart thrieves in really low mass arms, Revox included. Of normal pivoted arms, Infinity Black widow and SME III are...
+1.