Posts by analogsurviver

Speakers or headphones ?   The best answer is "it depends". And will boil down to the type of speakers (and their setting within the room ) , type of headphones - and type of the recording. One type of the recording may favour the former, another the later. Another type of the recording - the tables may/will turn.   No generalization is possible. It all depends how it was recorded, on which equipment was it monitored and for what type of listening was it intended....
It is correct that too much acustically hard surfaces (glass, ceramics, marble, stone, etc ) will kill any speaker. You can not just take a few steps to change the deal. Basically, after listening to my speakers in a MUCH larger room, with very high ceilings, etc, etc, I stopped worrying about speakers in my home; I literally cried that fateful day, realizing the room is such a limitation that can not be overcome - nomatterwhat. And it is not glass/ceramics/stone affair...
Being able to hear and to listen are two different  things - but the former is prerequisite.
There ARE musical groups composed of individually quite average musicians who, acting as a whole, infinitely surpass the sum of the individual members. It could also be called synergy. Try solo albums by some of them - after getting used to the high standards achieved by the mother group.  
Completely new to audio ? I am NOT among those who are going into long c able reviews - because the differences, if any in a CD LEVEL TO HEADPHONE/POWER AMP INTERCONNECT are relatively small. Yet they can be described as "bright", "dark", "grainy" "lacking focus" - etc. "Civilised" would be avoiding any of the above, being hard to describe while obviously doing nothing obviously audibly  wrong. Neutral - if you will  . I am not above using - from time to time -  the basic...
You can read the exact description of the oil used in these cables on the above mentioined thread - by its designer. I had no idea they went so far with technology. I did  not even know of this thread until today. What I can asure you is the fact that cable did not change a bit in five years of use - save for the understandable wear on contact surfaces - as I need this cable only from recorder to preamp/headphone amp on location recordings - and during that period, it must...
I do agree it is a bit far fetched test - but invalid - no. There is an interesting design even having its own thread  http://www.head-fi.org/t/466253/olive-oil-injected-rca-cable  I have one variation on it ( liquid within is clear - whatever it is ) , looong time overdue to return to its rightful owner. The liquid serves two purposes - first is to have a good electrical properties (dialectric - oil capacitors ) and the liquid damps any mechanical resonancesces...
Yes, the better equipment will ALWAYS be first noticeable at low levels, in quiet parts of the music. But that difference can only be appreciated with a good recording and good equipment. Everything has to be at the approximately the same level. If you can, try to audition Beveridge electrostatic speaker. Although not capable of the SPLs ultimately required, it can play with by far the most believable dynamic range within its limits of SPL. It is also the speaker with the...
Sorry, this is getting ridiculous . So far, I did not respond to your infantile attempts at insults - but I may reconsider.
So do you...