Posts by analogsurviver

This is my guess along similar lines too. Havi B3 Pro 1 simply DO NOT measure well - my pair has measurements going in all directions ( there are large discrepancies in the frequency response between the channels, similar to published measurements ) - yet  it can sound subjectively very good.  Now - if it was deliberate, if it is sample to sample consistent, therefore repeatable, within some prescribed performance envelope - is another matter. Hope it is not entirely at...
@CrazyRay - thank you for the answers ! 
Mea culpa... forgot this one, bottom or top shelf... How does it sound in comparison to the other tables ? I am *familiar* with Empire - but not with V15IV, familiar with SME & Carnegie One - but NOT together - and familiar with "upside-down Transcriptors" ( Gyrodec) only from the pictures.  But that chair ... - forgot how it is called or who designed it - did not forget I am jealous about it  .
New addition ?  Sweet !  I do not remember (or have forgotten ? ) the Bang & Olufsen table - which model, which cart ? Anything else changed ?
If this is adressed to me - I DO NOT use .1uf film over .1uF ceramic - I REPLACE it with .1uF film. Same for electrolytics. Goes up to 47 uF - and if REALLY important and there is ANY possibility to physically squeeze it into appropriate space AND work properly, up to 100 uf ... There are positions within circuit where lossy (low Q)  ceramic capacitors are preferable - and I use them. Or when inductance of film types is simply too much - etc. Whatever works and sounds best...
Regarding the first question - whether is there any PCM recording that is actually "good enough" and commercially available - sincerely, I do not know.  Except mine - of course. But I do not want to be forced to wave the "member of the trade" flag as yet - so I can not point you to the links where at least CDs are available. I would really love to arrive to the point some high rez downloads will become available - and even more so the DSD. The last one is particularly...
Very good post. True on all counts. I purposely did not go into requirement/frequency/impedance related considerations for capacitors. Why? Because I wanted to specifically point out the "memory" of capacitors. It is bad because it is hidden. If anyone thinks It is not clear to me what the dynamic range is, that person is hopelessly mistaken :  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dynamic_rangeThe same if anyone thinks that I think the dynamic range of electrolityc capacitor is...
No problem - with all the money and time in the world at my disposal, I would be hunting one down as we speak...It also depends whether you can/are willing to rehaul it yourself or you will have to pay others to do it  - in the end , it all boils down to money. One thing is for sure, B&O will hardly ever be best bang for the buck - but it can be (quite close to ) the best. Good luck !
It is a can of worms even likes of myself do not dare to come close. In principle LOTS of going for them - I did comment on B&O having one of the best direct drive systems in existence - but the platters they used and their assumption  that super non damped ultra light alu platter is going to perfectly damp the resonances created in the record by the tracking with a stylus borders on the best approximation of wishful thinking imaginable. It is a HIIGHLY exclusive system -...
Well, electrolytics have one thing in common with moving magnet phono cartridges. They do "kind of" work "well enough" - and they once , like the moving magnet cartridge, were the only reasonable game in town. There is, of course, a difference between the two. Moving magnet cartridge, or at least the majority of them, have problems due to the limited frequency response.It is due to the LRC filtering that occurs WELL WITHIN the audible frequency range for the vast majority...