or Connect

Posts by analogsurviver

Oh, I've been there so many times by now ( in real audio hardware, not a school textbook example ) that I know no ABX is really required for that. But, I will present a circuit(s) that anyone with reasonable knowledge can build by his/herself and ABX check - last time I checked, The Almighty Computer (and mouseclickers attempting to emulate audio with it ) was still not capable of transmitting the real hardware around the globe - with a click on the mouse.  Yes, I know...
I know this is Sound Science. No, I can not lead you to the controlled listening test - yet. I will try - eventually - to come up with something specified to the last electrical element - real hardware, simple enough for anyone with the rudimentary knowledge of soldering and basic electrotechnics  to build, yet inexpensive enough to try even for the most frugal of audiophiles. The very same circuit (equal nominal electrical gain) build with "industry standard" parts - and...
False. Amplifiers that have zero degree error within the 20Hz-20 kHz  band will invariably be with -3dB cutoff poiunt VERY low (far below 20 Hz ) as well as FAR above 20 kHz. And relative difference will stand in comparison with more babdwidth limited designs - even if listening to speakers or headphones that are way inferior in specs than any of the amps being tested. The biggest culprit in amps normally is LF filtering. It reduces bass dynamic range - and sounds wooly at...
Although I do agree that any electronics is better than even state of the art transducers, it is equally true the difference in electronics can be heard on Xiaomi Pistons 2 (around 25$ delivered ).
"It" refers to the fact that I was unable to hear PRECISELY what was going on during recording while it was monitored with Havi B3 Pro1 - and RHA T20 could pinpoint to these small errors - instantly, positively, without any effort on my part. It is something it is hard to "like" - if it is your own recording - because after the fact nothing helps much. I wish I had something like T20s for monitoring - for years... RHA T20 is insanely precise while being equally musically...
+1.
Please read correctly - I wrote I DID NOT ( listen with whatever exhibitors have used as source and musical programme ) - not talking about -  you personally - or anyone else. Merely stating I concur with the opinion it is hard to reach an accurate assessment of audio gear on fairs - with unknown source and unknown material. So those pieces of gear I did get to listen to properly ( aside from surrounding noise, problematic with open headphones ) I could reach a decent...
Wrong. I brought my own source and my own recordings - DSD128 masters on my modified Korg MR-1000 - against which any of demo CDs mentioned pale in comparison. You should have seen the faces of the exhibitors after I gave them to listen - briefly - some of the masters.  I DID NOT listen for a second to anything prepared for the demo by the exhibitors. Except for the Senn Orpheus, which required procedure to change the source by a particular man ( my guess it would be the...
Does the SAC KH 1000 include processor or is it "just" a straight amplifier ? I concur on black box bass heavy (still a bit thin, particularly below 40 Hz ...) and Technics amps. I know the SUVx series, I am using a SU-V8. However, it is the small SU-C-04 that will mop the floor with most, if not all other amps available. It sounds good as it is, gets better if recapped, and absolutely amazing if properly modified. This amp, used within the limits of  its output...
Bartok , Hungarians, Hungaroton - will ALWAYS be synonymous. The complete works of Bartok on Hungaroton from 1981 ( originally on LPs) will hardly ever be equalled, let alone surpassed overall. http://www.amazon.com/Hungarotons-Bartok-Edition-B/dp/B00004YLIJ