Posts by analogsurviver

I know what the reply to the original/fake question should be - but has anyone actually compared real thing to this latest offering from Dealextreme:   http://www.dx.com/p/3-5mm-in-ear-earphone-w-microphone-for-xiaomi-m2s-3-2a-1s-black-earthy-110cm-314316#.U4jy9vl_v8w   Then there is a visually  slightly different model in blue and...
Yes, considering 18.333 Yen at Amazon.jp ( + shipping = ??? Yen ), the ebay price is crazy indeed.But wait - I have seen them at the same price + shipping - at an additional $ 16 ... I do not mind getting them from JVC - at reasonable price. But yeah, Chinese may well produce functional clones before there will be more than a handful of JVC EP-FX9M in Google search in letters I can read ( say 10 out of 119.000 ... ) That's crazy, too.
Same over here ( can not read "bird cages" - yet ... ) - but "translation" on ebay is kinda pricey :  http://www.ebay.de/itm/JVC-replacement-earpiece-size-L-EP-FX9L-B-Black/321418070530?_trksid=p2045573.c100033.m2042&_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D22863%26meid%3D7272049863522551030%26pid%3D100033%26prg%3D9841%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D4%26sd%3D121349313665 No tracking number, no insurance, 2-4 week delivery time . Hmmmmm....
Wish list ?   Shhhhh........sh list ! 
I am not a typical head-fier ( with something like high 2 digit/low three digit headphones in possesion... ) - nor I intend to become one. With IEMs, tips tend to be crucial, even more so than the phones themselves. So here I am likely to spend some more - if it does bring about better sound. It can also be that one is likely to achieve better results with universal IEMs than with CIEMs - trough proper management of tips. I would really hate a sitiuation an expensive CIEM...
I stumbled upon an interesting IEM thread : http://www.head-fi.org/t/720461/review-of-audio-technica-ath-ckr9-ath-ckr10  What exctied me ( besides push pull dynamic drivers - ALWAYS a good thing ) was the use of the JVC Spiral Dot Tips . These really look the business with their  spiraling dimples ( a clever idea to disrupt the-never-ending-cylinder-shape-of-tip-leading-to-defined-resonance approach by almost all other tips in existance ) - AND they have large bore,...
Liquids are not THAT harmful - but I advise to use damp "whatever" you are using - otherwise capillary action can indeed suck up the fluid trough the hollow cantilever,messing up with the suspension of the cartridge, either/and/or rubber or tension wire. Cement with which diamond is usually glued to the cantilever can get compromised if fluid is allowed to act for prolonged time too - if you work damp and below 30 seconds/cleaning, liquids are safe. I have described...
Tell me about it ...
No. What is meant by early morning listening is waking up early AFTER a decent sleep - without any distractions ( like going to work, hurry, etc ) whatsoever - and listening to at least one album in full. It is the closest one can get to the primal experience we used to indulge in regularly as kids in later periods of life. Precious little moments...
It is enough for organs - Litanies by Jehan Alain (monitored yesterday) is anything but slouch in bass/loudness ... - please also see my comment on Telarc's recording of Liszt's Stanislaus "a couple of posts back" - it is just Oregon's synth I can think of to clearly exceed the capabilities of B3. To give you a vague idea , here a recording by the great Marie Claire Alain ( superb playing, but recording does not do justice to the extreme onslaught of organ in the finale ) :