or Connect

Posts by analogsurviver

I would not believe Sennheiser itself would exhibit and demo fakes at its own booth in Munich this year. The same goes for the two samples measured by Tyll.
@growltiger : good thinking. I intentionally avoided mentioning recent(ish) Shure products - "political correcteness", if one wishes to call it that way. I decided to settle, for time being, for these : http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/DunuTitan1.pdfor its FiiO EX-1 version (same thing but the cable, better availability and price). There is too much brightness with most normal tips ( the peak around 14-15 kHz ) - so I ordered tips - from a competing company - that...
Well, I have adopted the policy to wait till the hype train(s) stop rumbling and some reality check at least starts to sinking in. The extreme proof of this concept is ebay (or any other second hand source ) - after so and so much time after the release, some things sell for peanuts or are not sold at all, some are bitterly fought for to the bitter end. They have stood the test of time. Even audition, usually limited in time, can not fully show pros or cons of something...
It very much depends on how the big bass drum, tympani, etc, is being recorded. It depends very much on the position of the mike(s) - that bass can be owerwhelming at some seats, way undernurished at others - and somewhere just right. It also very much depends on the recording equipment, from the microphone cell itself all the way to the actual recording device, be it analog or digital. Knowing loosely the principles of Keith Johnson, his rig should. by far, surpass...

I did say already CEC ( Harksound, Visonik, Apollon, XYZ? by CEC ) are keepers. I will present in this pages a story about two of them. Rock solid is their middle name, regardless what is before or after. Headshell post will be useful to anyone looking for a decent headshell without breaking the bank. Those into three digit price bracket know enough already to decide what to get. 
Well, I have been asking because normally there is some alcohol and some photo solution involved - which I could do without. As with everything vinyl, we can thank the (for all practical purposes ) extinct bird, the quadrophony, for the best analogue vinyl has to offer. The originator of CD-4 , Lou Darren, for whom I just learned he past away last October, has been categorically against any alcohol for cleaning the vinyl - as it is allegedly detrimental to the very high...
It starts really low in price :  http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Turntable-Record-Player-Phono-Cartridge-Headshell-/400155534114?hash=item5d2b20e322:g:o0QAAOSwAYtWHUGc There is also a silver version at a whopping 0.01$ more or less ;  Please note the "collar" this headshell loosely based on SME model  has may prevent proper geometry with certain cartridges - physical dimensions will not allow you to make the proper lateral geometry alignment. Then there is this knock-off of...
Marketing is usually limited to sugar coating, this exceeds it by far too much. It is plain misleading. There is any number lovers of RBCD out there, the last thing DSD needs is shooting itself in the foot  in such a way...