or Connect

Posts by analogsurviver

Nope, it is not a Colnago. Something way, way up in the archiarchy - a Mandarić . http://www.mandaric.com/ But I do like the Madonna theme pic(s). 
  Nope - unless it is a bike frame ...
TC 750 is more than you will ever need with 2M - not just Red. Better strategy would be to get  2M Blue + TC-750 than 2M Red + any of the phono preamps mentioned. In case you plan to go with a MC cart in the future, Magni is worth considering.
I can understand that - and your POV is entirely justified. Yet, in some cases, there is very little, if any, room for improvement. Of course, the SQ would have been better with newer recordings - but recreating something so natively intertwined from "outside" would, undeniably, lost that spirit behind it all.  Exactly - to each his own.
This is not entirely true. I have witnessed concerts where the guy with the baton did not have the faintest clue what he was conducting - yet, in strict note by note analysis, it was "correct". But missed the boat by - at least - one ocean distance ... Please ignore the "slight" exaggeration these guys place on the equipment ( and comments like : Now we know where all the money went...) - yet starting from 12:30, there are perhaps few of the most sincere admissions as to...
And now try to tell me that SS is inherently as (or even more...) EMP resistant than HSD ( Hollow State Device ) ...
Well, I do not have the contents of all 11 CDs - but I do have the symphonies on LPs, an odd CD here and there... - I listened to it all while in my CD retail days. Although I do not recall if it was available as 11 CD box back then (say 2003 ). In a cycle like this, it is not about "the best" composition, moment, whatever. It is about the overall approach to the work, studying and understanding what the composer's idea was in the first place. And it is here that I think...
At last, something we can agree upon.
Agreed. When having to deal with TB as the minimum , cost becomes the greatest factor. And if there is even a rumour that SSDs are not as reliable ...
Well, longevity WAS ALWAYS my consideration. I want the gear that is reliable in the long run. That, unfortunately, rules out the gear that has high temperature changes between off and work condition - like tubes and full class A operation. Since it takes 5 "time constants" for anything to settle to its mode in which it starts to purr. If it is a 50 + kg class A power amp, that means it has to be switched on prior to serious listening without appreciable change in SQ some...