Posts by analogsurviver

Joe, you are quite correct in saying that headphones at large are designed for listening to regular stereo recordings. For the very reasons cited. I agree that in the long run, these matters should be standardized. Because EACH type of headphone requires different HRTFs with any given signal. The main reason is that >99% of all conventional headphones do not allow for the natural crosstalk between our 2 ears. There is a reason why I preferred Jecklin Float at first, made...
Simple. There is no other better way of proving DSD superiority over PCM than binaural - because binaural it is the simplest miking technique possible.   Where else - or using anything else - can you LISTEN for yourself ; both to sound heard live and subsequently the reproduction - if not when using binaural mics on your own head/ears ? At the EXACT spot in any given venue, not even one single milimeter removed from it ? This, of course, does NOT allow for ABX - one can...
You are trying to mix apples and oranges here. What I DID have in mind by saying sprucemusic can not think out of box was the fact that he - obviously - could not understand what was meant by INDEPENDENT of miking technique. And that was the property of DSD that does not allow for "photoshopping" - which holds true , regardless which miking technique is used.  You are, also obviously, far too long working in a studio. Like it or not, each studio has certain properties one...
The only thing that is truly sad is the fact that you can not think out of your own-limited box. You have missed - entirely -  the main point of my post - with aplomb to boot. Embarassingly so.
 Your assumptions could possibly not be more wrong : 1. I have been to many concerts - and I know how music sounds live. To be precise - acoustical music, where only electricity performers are allowed to use is lighting for the sheet music. 2. I am not lying about anything - and PARTICULARLY not regarding DSD*s (in)ability ( if used truly in native way ) to produce (UN)TRUTHFUL/HONEST  recording.To recapitulate : you can not use any DSP wizzardry as with PCM with DSD - NO...
I will return to each and every point of your reply from the post # 121, time permitted.   But suffice to say the common denominator is the fact  that you try to spin everything I might ever say contrary to my intentions - regardless what it might be. Your acusing me of selling "something/anything/whatever" is really starting to annoy ; so far, I have not been selling anything to anyone on head-fi.   Multimiking can lead to the following ( although almost never even...
Nyet. I did say 96/24 mastered originally analogue recorded CDs. With reasonable jitter. And NEW releases ( around 2000 - 2004 ). By then, CD no longer was new medium. Those you mentioned were truly atrocious. The worst one I can remember was flutist Petri on Philips - an audiophile version of (ear) torture...
I do not think it was sociology alone in what I posted.  I did say before CD is not that lame as some are claiming; but due to "sociology", CDs are being mastered with heavy compression, yielding MUCH poorer dynamic range than original vynil releases from 60s and 70s - despite the ultimate dynamic range of CD being superior.
The only parameter turntable can be superior to digital is the frequency response;  no digital yet available is capable of making a truly indistinguishable digital copy of the sound of the "live" vynil playback. Quite close ( good enough...) - yes. Indistinguishable - not yet.  PCM 192/24 and DSD128 are the least what I would use in order to digitize vynil. Vynil is not generally known at its best. That "best" is either vintage( hard to get / ever more expensive ) or new...
Hmmm... - why, on earth, do you think, in my CD retail days, frequent customers who were obviously without any technical background, kept returning to me with a single most frequent question: " Do you also find the old(er) analogue recorded CDs better than later/current crop ?" You should also have seen the jaws dropped at the direct comparison of some Decca recordings - on Decca 96/24 remastered CDs ( MUCH better than the first time these analogue recordings appeared on...