Posts by analogsurviver

Yet another collateral damage :   http://www.arche-headshell.de/   FIRST WARNING : this represents (one of ) the most dedicated approach(es) to vinyl analog playback I have ever seen. For obvious reasons, prices are not published - but it is not for the faint at heart. Click above link at your own peril... I wish I could afford gear of this calibre - and yes, some of the principles employed here are finally starting to adress the problems that have pleagued analog...
You welcome! Although I certainly did not cover all the options, I believe I did those that make most sense. 
Great selections !  Then again, you live perhaps in the most "vinyl infected" part of the world, where vinyl was never relegated strictly to second hand shops and has  co-existed with CD even in the days when CD was crushing everything in its wake. Over here, the last shops selling new vinyl in late 80's/early 90's have cleared whatever stocks remaining at ridiculously low prices - before it was too late to get any money for them at all. At least according to their...
+1 on above it all. Lenco 75/78 has also undergone transformation from old fashioned underdog to a non plus ultra turntable - one can spend well into 5 figures if so desired. No arm and cartridge included ... Just visit lencoheaven !
+1.
In principle, true. We have limited ourselves to "normal" phono stages, more often than not limited to MM inputs. Cost considerations, what else? However, a truly dedicated phono for low output MC carts is going to be costly - as the same basic knowledge dictates an outboard power supply is required in this case. Which does cost more. I went beyond that - powering the phono input by batteries. Low output MC carts require such dedicated phono preamps. And after having one...
Please check exactly which type of files are supported by each device. Korg models do not do FLAC - and only MR-1 does MP3. None of the Korg can play any file unless it is on its internal hard disk - you can not use it as DAC with PC.This was the Aichille's heel of Korg and what ultimately took it off the market.  Checking Tascam DA-3000 http://tascam.com/product/da-3000/ reveals it can not do FLAC or MP3. It can be used as A/D and D/A converter with PC. You can covert DSD...
I also have TC-750 and it is a mighty fine phono preamp - and quite unbelievable at the price.  Its sole limitation is a relatively low headroom - which means high(er) output cartridge and really hot recording can bring it into clipping/overload.   More important than SNR and THD in phono preamp is deviation from the RIAA curve. Here, + - 0.25 dB 20Hz-20kHzis considered excellent; not many preamps achieve this or better. This requires precise resistors and capacitors ( or...
I recommend leaving PC out  of this. Reason ? Ground loop(s) - via USB etc. It can be done, but it can be tricky and each and every combination of hardware might react a bit different. There are Korg recorders that also support DSD and PCM up to 192/24 - but MR-1, MR-1000 and MR-2000S are discontinued and hard to get. I would recommend Tascam DA-3000 - if budget allows. DA-3000 also doubles as a very high quality DAC and headphone amp and is perhaps the most cost effective...
Depends how the wiring is done. Due to the additional troubles with ground wire, lots of Technics SL 1200/1210 were modified so that separate grounding cable is no longer required. Not the best solution, but more "practical". There are other TTs using the same grounding arrangement . I am unfortunately not familiar with your unit.  You can always use an ohmmeter in order to check if and how your turntable is connected to ground. It is the best way of establishing if the...