or Connect

Posts by analogsurviver

Curiosity will drive those who truly want the recorded/reproduced sound to be as close to that heard live to any length. And they are bound to be alone in this quest - at first, at least. I can not flush an entire audio system down the internet pipeline - and files alone, if reproduced over "conventional, supposed to be transparent" equipment will show - more or less - nothing. The minute improvements they do contain will be masked by the equipment that can not reproduce...
As good as the above result is, I am infinitely FAR more interested in the forthcoming ADC project. Which formats are going to be supported - particularly being interested in DSD256 and above. DACs outnumber ADCs by a factor of ??? - yet even a perfect DAC can not but reproduce the ADC errors.
Correct.
http://www.hifiengine.com/manual_library/marantz/2500.shtml
Nice to hear.  The drying issue when using only water without alcohol and/or surface tension additives is a problem; and towels or anything that introduces friction will lead to static problems. You can try spinning the LP really fast - for example, using a "clamp" that is used as a drill bit in power tool drill. The centrifugal force should remove any bigger blots of water, the main issue for stains - and can be then left to dry normally.
By now, with this state of relatively high quality, night and day differences are, in reality, hard to expect. It is in detail, in the palette of shades equipment can accurately convey - or fails to do so. No really good component can, today, improve the sound to the point of some really big difference to whatever went on before. Digital in general has only recently became capable of approximately equalling what we once had with top analog equipment - and what some of us...
It IS in the software. It is not yet another implementation of any known DAC chip - and it allows to tailor the performance exactly as desired by the developer, not within constraints of any given off the shelf chip hardware. It is a whole different generation of DACs, something that goes way beyond more or less well implemented hardware produced by others. In a way, like comparing building something out of LEGOs with defined discrete size(s) and colour(s) vs something out...
Correct in theory - ebay would react only if and when there is enough evidence of fake product - real life looks "something like this" :   - and this is FAR more dangerous than just selling fake headphones, sound quality be damned. The problem is EXACTLY the same - because manufacturers chose to transfer the production to China, where it is "a tad" difficult to monitor everyhing and everybody, ensuring that only whatever did pass the requirements/specs, goes into the wide...
I did understand your post - it is likely that too low a price can indicate a fake. Even Xiaomi Pistons, originals at $25 upon the release, were heavily counterfeited in no time flat - for a (quite literally ) fistful of dollars (coins). What was in my ears should, by all means, have been original products - and they left the impression as I have written. Now it would really be a shame if a fake at around 30$ ( head-fi does not, for a reason, allow posting links to fakes )...