Posts by analogsurviver

That the "Pro" in the name of Havi B3 Pro 1 (Old Version ) is meant for real, confirms the following : live streaming of the concert by    Ljubljana International Orchestra http://www.slokaracademy.com/en/concerts/lio-international-orchestra-ljubljana/   Ljubljana International Orchestra by vzivo   http://new.livestream.com/zivo/Ljubljana-International-Orchestra   Streaming is live at this moment ( dress rehearsal/recording of Strauss - Don Quichote ) - the...
SE-9060 already does have potentiometers on the input - all that is needed is the source and the headphones ...
One of the quietest amps around is Technics SE-9060 power amplifier. 2x 75W/8ohm. http://www.thevintageknob.org/technics-SE-9060.html   Using AKG K340 ( old, electrostatic / dynamic hybrid - not new "recycled" ) directly off speaker tabs ( it also sports usual 6.5 mm jack w/resistors ) it is so quiet that noise/hiss of ANY CD player connected to its input with heroic listening level for music will create much more noise than the amp itself. This amp is fro Technics'...
If you do have a POWERFUL source and can EQ bass a bit - you could add Havi B3 Pro 1 ( Old Version ) to that list. They have their own thread on HF.
You welcome. Hope you like the vinyl experience overall in the long run !
You have most likely mixed Stanton L720A for Shure - but both are MM cartridges, requiring the same kind of preamplification. Whether Stanton is actually a  Moving Iron or Moving Magnet does not matter - preamp requirements remain the same. If I understand you correctly, your Sony Receiver has no phono input. You will need a phono preamp - to plug it into line level input ( tuner, aux, tape, CD - the same thing ), so you must have at least one of those inputs...
For the last two days, I had a most pleasurable work : monitoring the recording of a 15 member string orchestra during the rehearsals and final concert yesterday evening.   With Havi B3 Pro (Old Version) - it was spooky how close the sound with IEMs came to the real thing heard live. I trully enjoyed it - every moment. 
Just read it a minute ago, on Facebook of all places. I will never forget the impact his version of Mussorgsky's Night on bald mountain on Telarc  made to me when I first heard in 1979.  R.I.P., maestro.
Yes, although not entirely. But since the music is ALWAYS present at some low level and only ocasionally does get louder, this is the most critical range. If any audio device is poor at low level, it will never be acknowledged as being good.  If you under switching regulator understand switching power supply, the usual abberations are - or were - intermodulation in the treble. Each generation is better, I have yet to hear one that is completely devoid of this...
Yes, agreed. Rohde & Schwartz to my knowledge never did produce to a price point. An anecdote from my retail days. In store comes a "freshly baked" retired male customer. Interested in some plastic fantastic music system, typical CD/Tuner/cassette box + platic speakers, say around 200-300 EUR max. And starts asking about selectivity of the FM tuner. A most unusual request in this price range, to say the least. After switching to capture ratio, pilot tone suppression etc it...