or Connect

Posts by analogsurviver

You can keep your money; no need to do that. And - it was NOT primarily mine rejecting such tapes. In some music ( choirs, piano, etc ) even the minute tone problems are perceived as objectionable - all it took was to observe the ever grimer looking face of any of the members of the choir listening to what was just recorded. And I can well understand; they did not practice untold amount of time to be sabotaged on the recording by the analog  tape problems. You have missed...
Well, "people" ... I can only vouch for myself. And would like to share my observations about my own perception of sound/music - as it evolved in say, last 10 or so years I am recording mainly choirs. I do not possess an absolute pitch - yet, I grew FAR more sensitive to pitch variations than I used to have prior to my "choir" period. The same goes for the minute amplitude variations - both of which are the essential tools of choir singing. Like it or not; recording a...
OK, which part of "insufficient finances to generate data" you do not understand ? You can agree or disagree with my decision - but whatever finances available, I prefer to use them to make as good recording as I possibly can, using equipment I think can best cater to the need of recording - instead of pouring ( waay insufficient) finances into proving something much larger organizations do not dare to tackle.  I do not care particularly much if - eventually - there will...
Bear in mind that we are not  measuring electrical signals ? We hear pressure differentials.
I agree that this is Science Forum. But, science - or SCIENCE - has one, undisputable flaw. It can not provide any answer to the problem it has never "heard" of. Please note: 1.) I am 1 (in a word - ONE ) individual2.) I am trying to eke out a living with what I like and TRULY believe in. And what is, generally, liked by the musicians themselves.3.) I do not have financial means at the disposal that could support generating the Data.      ( There is a published study by...
Joe, you are quite correct in saying that headphones at large are designed for listening to regular stereo recordings. For the very reasons cited. I agree that in the long run, these matters should be standardized. Because EACH type of headphone requires different HRTFs with any given signal. The main reason is that >99% of all conventional headphones do not allow for the natural crosstalk between our 2 ears. There is a reason why I preferred Jecklin Float at first, made...
Simple. There is no other better way of proving DSD superiority over PCM than binaural - because binaural it is the simplest miking technique possible.   Where else - or using anything else - can you LISTEN for yourself ; both to sound heard live and subsequently the reproduction - if not when using binaural mics on your own head/ears ? At the EXACT spot in any given venue, not even one single milimeter removed from it ? This, of course, does NOT allow for ABX - one can...
You are trying to mix apples and oranges here. What I DID have in mind by saying sprucemusic can not think out of box was the fact that he - obviously - could not understand what was meant by INDEPENDENT of miking technique. And that was the property of DSD that does not allow for "photoshopping" - which holds true , regardless which miking technique is used.  You are, also obviously, far too long working in a studio. Like it or not, each studio has certain properties one...
The only thing that is truly sad is the fact that you can not think out of your own-limited box. You have missed - entirely -  the main point of my post - with aplomb to boot. Embarassingly so.
 Your assumptions could possibly not be more wrong : 1. I have been to many concerts - and I know how music sounds live. To be precise - acoustical music, where only electricity performers are allowed to use is lighting for the sheet music. 2. I am not lying about anything - and PARTICULARLY not regarding DSD*s (in)ability ( if used truly in native way ) to produce (UN)TRUTHFUL/HONEST  recording.To recapitulate : you can not use any DSP wizzardry as with PCM with DSD - NO...