or Connect

Posts by analogsurviver

It is the best option available - variations on the theme are "mixtures" ( alcohol or no alcohol, surfactant or no surfactant, temperature, time ...) - but it beats anything that went on before. 

Hehe, to a point I certainly can agree with you . However, I started some time ago a project/research what can be done to bring analog turntable up in performance enough to be palatable to a guy that has been raised on CD - in most of its parameters that are usually below the quality achieved by digital - while retaining positive attributes  of  analog, which digital lacks. I can not agree that music coming out of those little scratches is magic - it is hard, super hard...
The biggest improvement is in the - claimed - cogless motor. Otherwise, I am sad they went the safe 1200-ish way; Technics did produce quite some better TTs back in the day, but withdrew them from the production after a very short time - as they were better than their TOTL designs - let alone 1200. Monitoring the used market will reveal which models that were. If the new drive is actually working as well as claimed, it should be quite a contender. I find the omission of...
I think these guys need as much help as possible :        https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1906610871/newvelle-records-world-class-music-only-on-vinyl
Good read. No surprises there. Whenever there is anything to connect that has real world impedance ratios and shifts, cables do matter and will introduce audible difference. The only example where there is no likely measurable difference is a very low output impedance amp driving a very constant resistive load with totally insignificant reactive components. These differences may be low to very big ( > 3 dB within 20Hz-20kHz range, and even more beyond ) - but they can be...
Regrettably, not yet. The problem is that whatever is available commercially, has been mastered in PCM (192/32 float ) and finally issued as CD. This is due to the fact that only from fairly recently ( less than a year ) only two privately owned Merging DAWs are in my country - and my producer and mastering engineer can not allow himself to take extra time to travel to these two locations in order to master in DSD ( only at very near before and after the cut DSD is...
I became particularly interested in their recording gear- their mics seem to be unbeatable in price/performance ratio.  There are many more sample videos recorded with ISK mics - I chose the one that might be the most familiar to headfiers due to the popularity of the performer.ISK cans also in this one... - and below - in Russian, but the smile they produced hardly needs any translation :  
While I am not keen on closed back headphones, these do look interesting. However, when I found what else ISK has to offer, I was - delighted. So , a BIG THANK YOU  for mentioning the ISK in the first place !!!
I agree most headphones are too divorced from real life hearing. That includes anything that uses pads or tips - of any discription. Enter earspeakers -  Jecklin Float ( and its derivatives, MB, Precide AMT driver equipped variation on the theme ), AKG K 1000, Sony PFR-V1 - they are more or less all listed here, but there might be more.