Posts by analogsurviver

Blue is nude elliptical, Bronze nude fine Line and Black nude Shibata. Bronze should be appreciably better than elliptical, the diff from Bronze to Black should be comparatively smaller increase in quality. There is another aspect - 2M series, although interchangeable across entire line ( you can use whatever 2M stylus with whatever 2M body ), there are differences in bodies.Red/Blue share less sophisticated body, Bronze/Black feature top level.   There is even a silver...
+1.
In plain English - top of the line ADC stylus, the almighty and by now next-to-impossible to get Astrion. The ultimate stylus for the style of ADC cartridge in your possession.   Can turn your vision red(ish) upon finding by how much - yet again for n-th time - has the price risen since the last known sale was made and another even more rarer has turned up for grabs ... Still worth every dime, though. 
This is turning into   How low can you go  competition in finding the best price for a functioning TT with usable stylus & GND cable - LOL ! Enjoy your new addition . On the other side of the ADC rainbow - that transparent stylus is sublime ... - wish I did not have it as a passing guest only !
Glad that it worked out! I was out of country recording and only had time to heck headfi now. Although low cost, that replica ADC stylus is not bad at all. 
Tough one. Try http://www.transcriptors.eu/ - they still carry all the parts for their original design ( Michell used to produce Prisma under licence and was subcontractor for Transcriptrors prior to their own machining plant/shop ). Caution - there is a fair amount of reports people sending in turntables for refurb and/or money for parts resulting in slow action or nothing at all - as well as satisfied customers. You could also try Michell or Transrotor in Germany ( they...
The only price I did find was for the headshell - on another site. EUR 395 . Others must be in the "if you have to ask, you can't afford it " category. Cartridge is/will be limited edition - I forgot the exact number, it is around 200 IIRC. I gues everything else is more or less made to order. You should both watch the video(s) and explore the site further. This man is simply incredible - and you can bet I did not enjoy reading about some concepts still "playing" in my...
You can change the cart to AT, Grado or Ortofon - and there are Sony carts up to say a grand - yes, they DID make one of pinnacles in cartridge world! Like I said, ADC is a MIGHTY FINE cartridge. Under certain circumstances, preferable to all of the above, with the exception of the big Sony. A properly functioning and adjusted QLM 36 MK III in a decent arm is one hell of a performer - so worth sticking to it. Even under "till last stylus is gone" conditions. Getting the...
After 5 hour sleepon my part :  your speed is kind of OK ( 0.2% high in 33 1/3 which is a bit high , 0.1% at 45 is OK ). That stylus is unfortunately clogged in dirt and/or chipped. I did say ADC QLM 34 MK III is a FINE cartridge - so getting a new stylus for it definitely makes sense. Depending on your budget, you can opt for the original QLM, go higher still with a XLM MK III, what is currently available on ebay I would go with is the ORIGINAL QLM 36 MK III...
You can try playing a track with known running time and time it. As noted in my previous post, this method is not 100% accurate - but should answer if it is at least in the ballpark.  You can download for free and print a stroboscopic disc ( 60 Hz for USA ) here : http://www.keystrobe.com/keystrobe/discs.html