Posts by analogsurviver

Me neither. Most probably it was Christmas (25.12.) deal only.
Hi Ron ! I appreciate the comprehensive answer. That "around the corner" in Europe still can mean 1000 km+ one direction drive - but at least you no longer have to swim with a Masselaufwerk strapped to your back all the way to USA . I am "married" to the ET-2 - for life. The first among many.  And Carnegie One aka Empire MC 1-8 aka Sony XL MC 7?/9? is also one of the dearest carts in my stable.You need something stable for it - a very stable subchassis suspended table or...
I did not like the measurements of my own pair either - yet it looks this is BY DESIGN !!! Havi have patented inner channel structure - and as alarming these measurements look like, they CAN - and DO - sound very well.  But I would really like to see say 10 random selected pairs tested and see if there is some "design envelope" - or it is total chance and luck. It has established itself as one of THE IEMs - and not only within its price class. The original Havi B3 Pro 1...
It should become a decent practice to mention exactly in which format was the original recording AND master made. Or at least transparently noted with which software and hardware were the downloads made - and what was the source.  I have just checked Many rivers to cross track - mine came as 44.1kHz ( and I ALWAYS check for the highest resolution available to download ).
Germans have a great saying: Probieren geht über Studieren http://www.linguee.de/deutsch-englisch/uebersetzung/probieren+geht+%C3%BCber+studieren.html Believe me, Havi DOES benefit from an amplifier that should by all criteria be an overkill - it just gets better sounding.
Thank you for the reminder. Completely "forgot" this can be an issue... The amp I use for "normal" dynamic headphones , the Meier Audio portable DIY amp http://www.meier-audio.homepage.t-online.de/portaamp.htm  ) is a pure DC design - and can maintain pure DC indefinitely. With 6171 , it is also >....>>....> 20 kHz. The only limitation is the output swing, which depends on the DC voltage of single ended power supply. In one of the previous posts I made a mistake: this...
First, welcome to the head-fi - and sorry for your wallet. I think you pretty much answered your own question. You had one of the best TTs, even modified - and still you sold it prior moving to other continent. Neither Mapleknoll Apollo (being from Europe, never seen one of those in flesh, for the same reason ) nor Fat Bob are shipping friendly due to weight when packed properly not to sustain shipping damage. Transrotor is something of an oddball - save for the...
Well, English is not my native language - so sometimes a bit harder for me to either understand others or express myself clearly ... I agree that the tracks that originally were not 192 should not be upsampled; then again, if the software is clever enough, it still might bring dividends.NOT going to ABX them on xmas . 
                                        Happy Holliday Season Everyone 
One more thing; for those who have been downoading Linn's 24 bit of Christmas free music, today they have "second chance" offer for any track you might have missed. This is available only trough email you receive if you have been downloading before.   Additional bonus - ALL the 25 tracks are in 192/24, so worth re-downloading those that were available only in lesser resolution the first time around. 24 bit vs 16 44.1 vs anything up to 192 and all that jazz...