Posts by analogsurviver

Quite a guy, that uncle of yours (ML 29) ! Did he gave you perhaps Beveridge 2SW, for which you can not find a single use on your continent ? ( Just kidding...) As suspected, that Onkyo has nothing to be ashamed of : http://www.hifiengine.com/manual_library/onkyo/a-8190.shtml http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=348372 If I understand you correctly, you plan to use your TT and ML29 together in one system - and need only phono preamp - or at least some form of...
Hi, John ! Any surplus uncles with Linns and Zetas ? That was very generous of him - Zeta arms never grew on trees. I would leave it as it is for now. Onkyo stuff can be VERY high quality - please note the exact model. 0.8mV cart should be non problematic even with reasonably good MM phono input - you do not need MC setting by default. The only drawback in real life is that you have to turn the volume knob (way) higher than for the same perceived volume on say CD. And if...
Interesting. As noted, in my time limited experience, BAP 1000 - amp section - benefits tremendously from warming up (or was it burning in again, it was used very sporadically and for short time(s), in a studio; only to check the final master ).  I will re-check for this in due time - the difference "from the cold" was so big my friend has already been considering not buying the combo at all - when "some" mid old Sennheisers almost chopped the BAP/K-1000 in two - when...
Please go trough the Audiokarma link I posted - compliance is listed "somewhere". Here you go: M412STRColor of body, GrayStylus case, Red (N412STR)Frequency response, 20 - 35 KHzChannel separation, 30 dB at 1KHz and 27dB at 10KHzOutput Voltage (min), 3.5mV at 1KHz (5cm/sec)Channel Balance, withinb 1dB at 1KHzDC resistance, 710 ohmLoad resistance, 47 KohmStylus, STRCompliance, 24 X 10-⁶ cm/dyneTracking force, 1.3 - 2.1 gWeight, 4.0 gOverall Dimensions 29 X 18 X 16...
Nice to know.  I should have mentioned that on most of my non-compressed recordings, BAP-1000 had to be turned to full gas - only few less dynamic/quiet music left any headroom.
I am aware SAC amp is similar/same to the amp section of BAP-1000. It lacks processing of the BAP-1000 - like any other amp. I did not mention the use of my modified Technics SU-C04 amplifier used during the session - for the reasons of clarity, because it is not known to other members. It had an edge over BAP-1000 and/or iFi Audio iDSD micro when used as a straight amp for the K-1000.  
  http://nyphil.org/concerts-tickets/1415/new-york-philharmonic-and-warner-bros-present-bugs-bunny-at-the-symphony
I spent practically whole day yesterday with BAP-1000. First, in the morning, to select as diverse as possible binaural DSD recordings of my own from the hard disk to Korg MR-1000 DSD recorder, then listening to these on the BAP1000/K1000 at friend's, who had to decide whether or not to purchase the combo - and I brought another K-1000 , owned by my friend who produces most of my recordings and were modified by me, for reference I know really well. At first, from the cold...
@hrklg01 : runmor has it that these pairings with BAP 1000 were the very first production run - that is why I thought to ask you first.
Thank you for the answer - I have heard such rumours, but had no confirmation so far. Tomorrow I get to see and hear such combo, that is why I asked.