Posts by iim7V7IM7

"Odd sentiment" = different opinion than yours?It is reasonable to arrive at differing conclusions based on our alternate knowledge or professional experience. Your sentiment is no more "odd" than mine. It is just different.I have been involved in engineering and product development for large companies for close to 30 years now. Rightly or wrongly, it tends to color my perspectives. I still await the simplicity and success of the staffing a team, integration of new...
One doesn't need to be an audiophile to not want to listen to these two guys!:-)
I had one experience with them. I called them last summer to discuss headphones and associated equipment (amps, DACs, amplifiers). This was at the beginning of my recent headphone gear outfitting. I saw their website. I saw people speaking positively about them on Headfi and other sites. I wanted advice and was looking to develop a relationship with a knowledgeable retailer. I spoke with someone who was very direct and short with me. We spoke about 1 to 2 minutes. There...
I thought the Antelope Audio Zodiac 192 kHz DAC was not an asynchronous USB DAC but an adaptive USB DAC. Is this correct? In the ~$2,000ish range, I would look at asynchronous USB 2 24/192 DACs with balanced ins/outs. In this range, I would recommend that you evaluate the Grace Design m903 - $1,895. I own the m903 and I think that it is an elegant design and user interface that sounds great and the company is great to deal with. It is their 3rd generation product and...
While this is Sennheiser's supreme headphone knowledge is indeed true, their experience and knowledge in designing and manufacturing a DAC or a headphone amplifier is not on a par with many of the companies that you cite. I would be cautious in jumping into a generation 1, Sennheiser DAC/Amp. It may indeed be a great DAC/Amp or perhaps not as good as others that are available out there from a sound or reliability perspective.My $.02
Nope...
You are looking in the right neighborhood - AMB Sigma/Beta 22, 4-Channel (YBM Audio) - Cavalli Audio Liquid Fire - Donald North Audio Stratus 2A3 - Eddie Current Balancing Act - HeadAmp GS-X - Ray Samuels Audio The Dark Star Pick some headphones first see what you prefer between the Audeze, Beyerdynamic, Hifiman or Sennheiser with loaners. Then decide upon an amp. All of these are well regarded by many. Which one that you'll prefer will depend on a number of...
Double Helix Cables and Q-Audio Cables are my favorites.
Thanks very much to all who contributed to this post. After careful discussion with others, I have come to the following conclusion: Since the m903's crystal-based audio clock masters how the computer's USB bus is synced with the DAC and Grace Design chose asynchronous code to be written by Gordon Rankin at Wavelength Audio who is a pioneer in asynchronous USB audio, it is very close to being jitter free. In addition, the USB port is completely ground isolated from audio...
Since you made it through 52 pages....I suggest you look at these 31 pages as well before making a final decision.http://www.head-fi.org/t/418044/phonak-audeo-defect-thread