Posts by MichaelN

I just completed a very successful transaction with Sean H, who was selling me his Perreaux SXH-1 amplifier. The box I picked up from the post office was double-packed, and arrived via Priority Mail in a few short days after I sent him payment. And he was thoughtful enough to email me to check to see if I had received the package! I highly recommend Sean H as a seller!
I'm interested in this... sent you a PM...
If you want to listen to some awesome trumpet playing, give Arturo Sandoval a try.
There should be an option for CD binders, since that's what I use. They're much more compact, you can flip through them, carry lots of CDs with you, and you don't even have to worry about breaking or smashing any cases. In fact, I have several hundred plastic jewel cases sitting at home right now, empty, boxed, and that will eventually be thrown away or given away to my local record store...
Quote: Originally posted by huy_ha Mingus never hurts. For some new Latin Jazz, check out David Sanchez. Eric Dolphy's "Out To Lunch" is a mind trip, with Bobby Hutcherson on vibraphone. Hutcherson's solo albums are also good. Sketches on LP, by the way, with Grado's, is superb. Yeah, Bobby Hutcherson is pretty awesome. I saw him perform live a few years ago... he goes crazy on those vibraphones!
Quote: perhpas I should break in those new drivers with "Gladiator" Haha... you weren't kidding when you said you wanted to break these things in Gladiator style! Sorry for the cheesy joke...
I'm not a huge jazz fan, but my favorite stuff is actually from Herbie Hancock. I see Headhunters was recommended earlier. I'd like to add Empyrean Isles and Maiden Voyage as two albums you might like if you decide you like him. If you like Herbie, you should also check out Chick Corea, another awesome pianist...
Why not just spend a couple extra bucks and get them from a place like Amazon.com if you're worried about security and stuff...
I would buy the Ety's. I'm in a similar situation to you, and I've decided I'd rather save up and buy the Ety's or else I'm just going to be unhappy later on down the road with the EX70's. Of course, it's going to take me some time to save up, but I think it will pay off in the end - meaning I won't have to buy the Ety's all over again.
Thanks to advice several weeks ago on this board, I went out and purchased a used Sony MZ-E75. It sounds great with my Koss Sporta-Pros right now. I've spent the last week recording MD's like crazy from my CD collection to bring stuff along with me whenever I walk anywhere. The only complaint I have so far is that the buttons on the remote are a bit small and the advance/reverse switch is hard to grip without hitting another button. Anyway, I'm looking into...