Posts by McPatD

When taken out of context all this Maddog Schitt stack talk is really funny!
Lol Lumpiesorz!
The $10 ones on the Target rack will do just fine.
Have you listened to them yet and do you like how they sound? That's the first thing you should ask. You can play with Realtek settings and determine what's best for you. As for burn in just use music you like and don't obsess. No amount of burn in will change the phone's sound signature.
Mixing techniques may contribute as well as differences in hearing from left to right ears. The soundstaging of the 598 will accentuate these as well. I would get similar effects with various headphones and it would drive me nuts ha. A left right balance feature on a source or amp will help.
How did you manage to find K550 for $178? That's great!
The Senn HD280 needs a bit more love around here. I find the bass to be some of the best I've heard and felt. Rock and hip hop done with ease. Only drawback is they are a bit big.
Oops HD439 not 419.
I can't speak for the HD419 but I just picked up the HD280 and love them. I find myself reaching for them because I want to hear music out of them and not to figure out if I like them or not which is often the case with new headphones. It does everything right.
I was debating getting these very two headphones a couple weeks ago and went with the RS1i and have been very pleased. They are in no way too bright and I find them very comfortable since coming from my SR80 w bowls. The power requirements and sheer size and weight steered me away from the HE500. I mainly use portable sources and amps.